karatopa
Catfish
Catfish
1,550 Posts

broken message board

[Post New]by karatopa on Aug 26, 15 11:42 AM
my manor Guilty Secret has a broken message board.
It tells me there are messages in the game, where it adds gifts and messages together, but as soon as i go into messages it is empty and when i exit only the number of gifts remain
i think it was a message from dark manor telling me a neighbour had accepted my request that killed it
anyone else ever have this meanwhile if you send Guilty secret a message i wont get it

Edited on 08/26/2015 at 4:30:33 PM PST

karatopa
Catfish
Catfish
1,550 Posts

Re:broken message board

[Post New]by karatopa on Sep 2, 15 5:33 PM
Oh it's frustrating getting messages you can't read
I sent a ticket in and now I must wait

Abbietweets
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,025 Posts

[Post New]by Abbietweets on Sep 3, 15 7:06 AM
I haven't had that problem, but I do occasionally go to the invite list and all I have is a load of dots where the names should be and they all have geisha heads. It usually clears after a while.

[Post New]by milliemaltese on Sep 3, 15 4:41 PM
I've just started having major problems the last week or so.

I used to get the occasional ------ message, but now my 3 manors are sporting close to 20 unreadables.

In fact, lately getting a readable message has been the exception not the rule.
I've kept them around hoping they will clear up, but so far no luck.

If you sent a message to Kits Place, Millies Casa dela Malteze or Shadow Dragon Asylum and didn't get a response... my apologies.

Please resend and we'll try again. Thanks.

Edited on 09/03/2015 at 4:42:39 PM PST

cora1012
Guppy
Guppy
146 Posts

[Post New]by cora1012 on Sep 5, 15 3:05 PM
Hey Millie...I figure most of mine from you have been gibberish.
Kinda miss the yak yak LOL Haggis has the biggest problem
Jesfer starting to....Betsy still looking for you

Armegeddon
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by Armegeddon on Sep 9, 15 1:32 AM
My apologies to anyone who sends me a message (Greystoke Mansion, Greystoke Mansion Annex, and Lost Souls Cemetery), but only receives a short reply. For some reason, my keyboard will not allow me to input any punctuation, which is frustrating, and makes me appear rude in not replying fully.

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

[Post New]by eli173 on Sep 9, 15 4:18 AM
Armegeddon wrote:My apologies to anyone who sends me a message (Greystoke Mansion, Greystoke Mansion Annex, and Lost Souls Cemetery), but only receives a short reply. For some reason, my keyboard will not allow me to input any punctuation, which is frustrating, and makes me appear rude in not replying fully.

Don't worry, it's not the end of the world, Armageddon! It appears you haven't been using the windowed mode when typing messages. Just go to the game's menu and turn FULL SCREEN OFF (NOT WIDE SCREEN, which is directly below)! After you send your message you can turn it back on again. You'll see that in windowed mode typing becomes smooth and punctuation is allowed.

Theorem
Flounder
Flounder
2,290 Posts

[Post New]by Theorem on Sep 9, 15 4:21 AM
Hi there!

Have you tried to type your messages in windowed mode? Then punctuation should work fine.

To do that, before opening the message box, click on the gear up right of the screen and turn full screen off. After your message has gone, go back to the gear and turn full screen on again.

Or type ALT-ENTER (both keyboard keys at the same time) and ALT-ENTER again when you're done.

Hope this helps!

Armegeddon
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by Armegeddon on Sep 9, 15 5:18 PM
Thank you for your advice - I'll give it a try

doofus09
Herring
Herring
351 Posts

[Post New]by doofus09 on Sep 10, 15 11:49 AM
Abbietweets wrote:I haven't had that problem, but I do occasionally go to the invite list and all I have is a load of dots where the names should be and they all have geisha heads. It usually clears after a while.

The geisha convention occurs when you've loaded more neighbours, and then go to the invites page.

Abbietweets
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,025 Posts

[Post New]by Abbietweets on Sep 10, 15 1:11 PM
Thanks doofus, I'll try not to do that again.

Go to: