rposhard
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

Can't win at Battleship

[Post New]by rposhard on Aug 26, 15 12:58 PM
Is there any other way to get the plans for the car? I can't beat the driver at Battleship after playing almost 20 games. Any advice on how to beat him?

Re:Can't win at Battleship

[Post New]by Phibetakitty on Sep 20, 15 7:32 PM
I found battleship fiendishly hard, and had no idea what to do. Turns out it's a game that's been around a long time, I googled it and found directions. It's a little like Minefield in that you're trying to guess where something is by clicking on squares randomly. You're playing against the computer. The left grid shows your ships and the guesses the computer makes. The right grid shows your guesses and any of your opponent's ships you have uncovered and blown up. You take turns clicking the squares and get another turn any time you score a hit. The ships with numbers above your grid show how many you've destroyed and many you have left to go. I got clobbered many times and then managed to win once - that's all you need.

northpolejo
Guppy
Guppy
146 Posts

Re:Can't win at Battleship

[Post New]by northpolejo on Nov 7, 15 9:28 AM
It took me several tries, too. My (final) strategy was to cluster my ships as much as possible & leave lots of open space. Then bomb the opponent section by section, taking out extra surrounding squares whenever possible. It's getting ahead on squares that seems to help you win.

Go to: