Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Hidden Expedition: Dawn of Prosperity Collector's Edition

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Aug 27, 15 12:35 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 08/27/2015 at 6:37:08 AM PST

pcully
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Hidden Expedition: Dawn of Prosperity Collector's Edition

[Post New]by pcully on Aug 27, 15 1:10 AM
Hi

I have just bought this game and it wont down load, I have been trying for abut half an hour. Please can you help? I am running Windows 8.1

Thank you
Peter

9otters
Clownfish
Clownfish
860 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Hidden Expedition: Dawn of Prosperity Collector's Edition

[Post New]by 9otters on Aug 27, 15 2:22 AM
Peter,

Are you downloading from the website or from the game manager? That has made a difference for me a couple of times. I have no clue why.

Other than that, I can't be of much help. I hope someone who is more knowledgeable swims by pretty soon.

Otherwise, I'd suggest contacting Customer Service. You won't get any ANSWERS from BFG by posting here.

If a moderator responds, they normally refer you to the "Help" pages, or to Customer Service.

Good luck with the game.

pcully
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by pcully on Aug 27, 15 2:46 AM
Thanks so much for your reply, I thought I'd cracked it as it let me down load the demo, and I had an option saying already bought this game, install now, which I did
it almost down loaded 99% I was so pleased. But then I got an error code 1402 how disappointing I cant even play the demo now. I will contact customer support.

I really appreciate your help.

Linda

mystery39
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by mystery39 on Aug 27, 15 4:49 AM
Im having problems as well. Downloaded demo then after about 30 minuntes i got the dreaded blue screen and screen froze. Uninstalled but will not download at all now.

Maryish
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by Maryish on Aug 27, 15 5:17 AM
As of yesterday I can't get new games to download think BF is doing something with their website. No problems beforehand. Just replaced my pc and running Windows 8.1 (found Win 10 still working out bugs). Please fix anxious to play this CE.

pcully
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by pcully on Aug 27, 15 6:28 AM
Maryish wrote:As of yesterday I can't get new games to download think BF is doing something with their website. No problems beforehand. Just replaced my pc and running Windows 8.1 (found Win 10 still working out bugs). Please fix anxious to play this CE.

Hi

I don't really know how but the problem somehow sorted itself. I re started my pc and started to play another game and then it flashed up 0k to activate and it did. Having said all that it took over an hour, I know how you feel its so frustrating.

Good Luck

Linda

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Aug 27, 15 6:38 AM
Hi Everyone,

If there's trouble with getting Hidden Expedition: Dawn of Prosperity Collector's Edition to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

Often, we can provide a known solution for technical issues in the Forums and some of our tech savvy pond residents may also swim by with good tips and suggestions. We're unable to provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team because the Forums are not well suited for the type of information-gathering and troubleshooting that's needed in order to correct issues of this nature.

If you're unable to get a game working properly using our Help pages or the tips posted here, please get in touch with our Customer Support team. You can find a link to contact Customer Support on the front page of our Help pages section.

Contacting Customer Support will help us to gather necessary information on what types of systems are being affected by the problem and to share this information with the developer in order to work towards a fix.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting Customer Support, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgWaimea

caput
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by caput on Aug 27, 15 10:11 AM
The game downloaded quite quickly but there is a significant lag when it changes to another screen shot. So much so that I only played about ten minutes and said enough.

[Post New]by mad4football on Aug 27, 15 1:22 PM
I also have a problem with time lag between scenes. Timed them at 17 seconds!! Tried to play the demo (patiently) and it stopped responding twice, last time with 23 minutes left and demo still not completed. I normally finish a demo with half the 90 mins left. Have now given up and deleted it. Looks like a decent game but patience can run out eventually. Please devs, solve these issues before game release. Really getting fed up with recent tech issues. Not going to buy this one. At the rate of play it would take weeks to complete!!

Edited on 08/27/2015 at 1:26:56 PM PST

[Post New]by writerhilary74 on Aug 28, 15 9:13 PM
I'm working from a Mac and everything is fine until I have to put the two tokens on the mountainside info board. It doesn't seem to matter where on the board I click, it tells me there's nothing for me to do there. I double-checked using the guide to make sure I didn't miss something obvious, and I'd played everything out exactly as the guide mapped it so far. I'm at a loss. Is anybody else experiencing this issue? I'll be deeply disappointed if that's all the further I get in the game because there's some glitch wreaking havoc. Thanks!

[Post New]by XenaElder on Aug 29, 15 12:31 PM

I did not get the briefcase from the helicopter when I should have and now I can't get it. Do I have to start the game over under a different name or is there another way to backtrack? I cannot advance any farther from where I am at now, Help anyone?

jdlane32
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by jdlane32 on Aug 29, 15 5:21 PM
Something very strange is going on with this game. I know I beta'ed it a while back, and possibly there's something left on my system. The globes (collectibles) are not showing up at all. In the tutorial, the initial instruction had an arrow to where the globe would have been located, but there's nothing there. Nor is there anything in the other locations I've seen. I can clearly see the globes in the strategy guide, but my screen doesn't have them.

Because of this, and an error when I I initially started playing the demo telling me that my profile was corrupted and I needed to restart the game (prior to starting the game at all!), I think I'll hold on this one. Maybe go with the SE. I've never had this kind of glitch before, and I'm concerned that others will show up later in the game...

9otters
Clownfish
Clownfish
860 Posts

[Post New]by 9otters on Sep 1, 15 1:46 AM
Townsquare playground, tabletop game. Three levels to play. When I get to the third level, all the tokens are invisible. Uninstalled. Installed. Played through again. Same problem. Strange.

Scrolling over the square spaces where they are SUPPOSED to be, the "hand" appears. Clicking on one space, then another, made them show up briefly, because that action made them switch places.

I worked around it by just clicking each one and moving it to any available space on the board. From there I sorted them to their proper places. I don't think it is supposed to be a "guess the token" level.

Playing on a PC, Windows 7, 64 bit

[Post New]by joansgame2day on Sep 3, 15 3:11 PM
In Chapter 5: Mountain Glade, I cannot finish the matching code sequence puzzle on the computer. The red cable that matches the world icon will not move. I accidently xed out of the zoom in puzzle box and when I zoomed in again, the puzzle would not work at all and the red cable cannot finish the puzzle!

Is there any fix?

[Post New]by Twinsmom_1 on Sep 4, 15 2:23 PM
I too am having lag issues between scenes, screen goes black, I can hear music but nothing for about 30 seconds. Then it just froze altogether, when I restarted I had lost some of my progress in the game. Hoping for an update to fix these problems. This is getting frustrating as the last few games that I have purchased have had multiple problems.

Edited on 09/04/2015 at 2:24:12 PM PST

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Sep 5, 15 5:36 AM
Just started playing the game. Everything was fine until I looked through the distance viewer. No matter what I do, it will NOT let me focus on the nest. I thought I was doing something wrong, so checked the SG, and it is certainly the nest that I'm supposed to click on. This does not bode well for playing this game. I'm leaving it now and will try later, but if I can't do this just a few minutes into the game, it's not one I'm going to want to have wasted money on.

Edit to say, leaving the game completely and then coming back appears to have fixed the problem and I was able to focus on the nest and continue the game.

Edited on 09/05/2015 at 12:57:55 PM PST

care___916
Clownfish
Clownfish
988 Posts

[Post New]by care___916 on Sep 5, 15 5:00 PM
In bonus chapter when you are listening to a cassette and you check the boxes. I accidently forgot one check box and cannot skip or go back. Screen is frozen and I am stuck. Grrrr.

edmee1947
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by edmee1947 on Sep 8, 15 9:05 AM
there only four cables to put in holes,but,it is wright there is a glitch and that the red one can't be put in its hole,at last for me also! and i don't want to play this game also again from the beginning (i had to do for the alaskan one,it's enough!)

[Post New]by EmmyS1972 on Sep 8, 15 1:37 PM
Playing the demo. In the observatory hallway, there is a cabinet on the left that requires a two-piece object to unlock. I've unlocked it, and it sparkles and shows the eye icon that indicates it's a hidden object scene, but it will not zoom in to the scene. I've tried restarting the game several times.

Go to: