[Post New]by riceredbrown on Aug 27, 15 4:03 PM
Did anybody beat these?

boogienites
Minnow
Minnow
293 Posts

Re:3.1 and 3.7, Developer's Record

[Post New]by boogienites on Aug 28, 15 5:26 PM
Obviously not I can't even get gold on 3.1.

Yaelle
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,317 Posts

[Post New]by Yaelle on Aug 29, 15 1:14 AM
I will go back through & tell you what I did on those. If you still need the help. . . Be back eventually with it.

[Post New]by avmschneemann on Aug 29, 15 7:52 AM
I can't get them either.

On 3.1 my gold score is hovering around 11500 each time but thats about 18 seconds too slow for developer's time.

I forget where I'm at for 3.7 but about 2000 points away. I havent been investing anything at all into the woodshops and farm because the saplings seem to provide enough food to almost constantly mine for gold.

Someone help me. Three hours on each one and I'm not much closer >.<

louinator
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by louinator on Aug 31, 15 8:00 PM
I could use help on both of these as well. Got gold, but still can't manage to shave enough time off to beat developer's record on either. Meanwhile playing them over, and over, and over, and ....

marebito
Minnow
Minnow
283 Posts

[Post New]by marebito on Sep 2, 15 2:12 AM
Finally managed 3.7 but it was really tight. I have to wonder if there's a better method to get it therefore. :/

Tips:
- Use the extra worker bonus once, then extra resources each time when available thereafter
- Find all bones and click birds whenever possible
- Max camp ASAP

I barely managed by using the following method:
- Gather wood towards the two top gold mines and build and upgrade them (water bush)
- Use the extra worker bonus when available to gather wood towards Demeter's obelisk and upgrade the workshop
- Upgrade camp to L3 as soon as you have the gold to do so and build Demeter`s obelisk
- Upgrade gold mines to max and clear way to third mine.
- Build and upgrade final mine to max and water second bush
- Gather gold, food and wood from upgraded workshop and mine gold when possible as well until finish gathering gold for level

Good luck. I have no idea if I would be able to beat the Dev score for this level again even knowing I did it once. :/

louinator
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by louinator on Sep 2, 15 10:19 AM
Thanks for the tips. I've replayed a few times and am getting closer... within about 500 points of developer's record. Way closer than before. I'll get it one of these times. Will let you know when it happens!

[Post New]by riceredbrown on Sep 4, 15 2:53 AM
That method worked on 3.7, thanks! Still working on 3.1. Anybody? That's the only one left for me.

louinator
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by louinator on Sep 12, 15 3:41 PM
Thanks for the help...finally beat DR on 3.7. Still not even close on 3.1. Anybody?

JB4510
Guppy
Guppy
199 Posts

[Post New]by JB4510 on Sep 18, 15 5:37 AM
I'm starting to wonder if this is a glitch. The first time through I beat the DR on aprox. 65% of the levels without even trying. On Level 5, I am having to go through and replay about four of them, but so far am able to beat them as I go. The reason I say this is because no matter what I do on 3.1, from following the Guide instructions, playing around the with bonuses, build levels, number of workers, etc. - I can't get more than 11,500-11,600 which is a good two THOUSAND points below the DR. It just makes no sense to me.

Other than it being a mistake, I keep thinking maybe there is a trick shortcut I'm missing. I don't see any collectible items or other ways to increase score besides the birds. Has anyone else found anything that helps, even if you still haven't beaten it?

The other one giving me major trouble is 5.3.

Thanks

[Post New]by CalledMomByThree on Sep 22, 15 9:52 AM
For 3.7 - not really in this order but just kept clicking on each item to have my workers constantly moving around and doing tasks as soon as the resources became available:

Upgraded the workshop once;
Built the top two gold mines (eventually upgrading them to the max);
Watered the top bush;
Built the obelisk;
Upgraded house to the max (at least once before the obelisk was built);

Used the extra worker bonus the first time it came up to help get the wood and initial stuff built and then used the extra resources bonus every time it came up.

I gathered all the wood (it's not actually needed to build everything but helps with points at the end as extra resources) and constantly kept gathering resources from the spots closest to the house so the workers didn't have to run back and forth too far - two mines, the workshop, the top bush, and the top gold mine.

I gathered all bones and clicked on birds whenever I saw them.

I never built the third mine, the farm or did anything to the bottom workshop or bottom mine - they are farther away and the thief gets to the resources sooner than you can many times - found out it was a waste of time/resources to build and gather from.

I didn't water the bottom bush so it didn't distract me thinking my workers should run to it.

Edited on 09/22/2015 at 9:53:33 AM PST

JB4510
Guppy
Guppy
199 Posts

[Post New]by JB4510 on Sep 24, 15 3:19 AM

Finally! I had done everything as you except I stopped collecting wood once the mines were upgraded and that was the trick. Thanks so much!

CalledMomByThree wrote:For 3.7 - not really in this order but just kept clicking on each item to have my workers constantly moving around and doing tasks as soon as the resources became available:

Upgraded the workshop once;
Built the top two gold mines (eventually upgrading them to the max);
Watered the top bush;
Built the obelisk;
Upgraded house to the max (at least once before the obelisk was built);

Used the extra worker bonus the first time it came up to help get the wood and initial stuff built and then used the extra resources bonus every time it came up.

I gathered all the wood (it's not actually needed to build everything but helps with points at the end as extra resources) and constantly kept gathering resources from the spots closest to the house so the workers didn't have to run back and forth too far - two mines, the workshop, the top bush, and the top gold mine.

I gathered all bones and clicked on birds whenever I saw them.

I never built the third mine, the farm or did anything to the bottom workshop or bottom mine - they are farther away and the thief gets to the resources sooner than you can many times - found out it was a waste of time/resources to build and gather from.

I didn't water the bottom bush so it didn't distract me thinking my workers should run to it.

Hespera
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,170 Posts

[Post New]by Hespera on Sep 24, 15 5:22 PM
I love to see all the different ways people accomplish the same goals.

I built the left gold mine first (and picked up the bones while I queued all the wood to pick up) and upgraded to the max, then upgraded the house to the max, built Demeter's Obelisk, upgraded the workshop once, then built the top and right gold mines, upgraded top one to max and right one to level 2 (while clearing rest of the wood and watering saplings).

Then I spent the rest of the time running around collecting food, wood and gold. I did not mine any gold, I just kept the food as resources, and I used the more resources bonus when it became available. I didn't bother with the farm or the other workshop.

I finished with 1:05 time left, 173 resources and 600 for hidden objects so my total score was 14748.

Edited on 09/24/2015 at 5:24:01 PM PST

[Post New]by HerculesDev on Sep 28, 15 12:24 AM
Hello there,

We've got a few mails about this level 3.1. We've tried to beat it a few times, and the best aftermath was 11 747 pts only (though we see how to improve it to ~12000).
Indeed, it seems to be a bug, our bad.

We are not giving up, and ready to take up the gauntlet if someone beats that score.

Deleopers

ps. Thanks for your many warm letters, it helps a lot.

pps. We love hardcore players

JB4510
Guppy
Guppy
199 Posts

[Post New]by JB4510 on Sep 28, 15 2:40 AM
Thanks for answering! You guys rock!

HerculesDev wrote:Hello there,

We've got a few mails about this level 3.1. We've tried to beat it a few times, and the best aftermath was 11 747 pts only (though we see how to improve it to ~12000).
Indeed, it seems to be a bug, our bad.

We are not giving up, and ready to take up the gauntlet if someone beats that score.

Deleopers

ps. Thanks for your many warm letters, it helps a lot.

pps. We love hardcore players

JB4510
Guppy
Guppy
199 Posts

[Post New]by JB4510 on Sep 28, 15 2:43 AM
As we now know the 3.1 DR to be a bug, I vote we have a contest amongst ourselves as to the highest score. Any takers?

Hespera
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,170 Posts

[Post New]by Hespera on Sep 28, 15 10:42 AM
I'm there...I love a challenge!

marebito
Minnow
Minnow
283 Posts

[Post New]by marebito on Sep 28, 15 11:02 AM
I'm game.

Here are my current best scores for 3.1. I'll have to try and go at it again later...

Score: 12165
Time: 6:31

Definitely curious to hear what others have managed (and what tricks they used to get there).

Edited on 09/28/2015 at 11:07:33 AM PST

[Post New]by HerculesDev on Sep 29, 15 1:12 AM
marebito ok let's see if we can beat it

Hespera
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,170 Posts

[Post New]by Hespera on Sep 29, 15 10:16 AM
Igor, you are too funny!

You always love playing these games as much as we do!

Go to: