Can someone explain what I'm supposed to do here? Not getting it

9otters
Clownfish
Clownfish
860 Posts

Re:floating island puzzle

[Post New]by 9otters on Aug 28, 15 11:45 AM
texasannie

Can you help me out by telling me where "here" is? Lol. Been awhile since I played, but more than willing to try to help.

I remember the floating islands when we first see Nix's home planet. Is it the scene with the weird little blue critter in the tree, the water, etc.? Where we look in the water and see ourselves as someone else?

Are you looking for what to do with the levitating "table" with the 3 receptacles? If so, highlight to read...spoiler...

The receptacles/bowls have symbols for water, earth, and fire. You have to find those elements and put them in the corresponding bowls. One thing that threw me for a minute was that we use the seashell TWICE.

If that doesn't get you going, let me know, and I'll be more specific.

OR...are you somewhere else?

Edited on 08/28/2015 at 12:09:33 PM PST

texasannie
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by texasannie on Aug 28, 15 4:19 PM
there are these hexagonal items that are linked together and look sort like a bee's wax the yellow or green dots in the center. If you combine 2 of the same color, they add up (but can't be more than 5)...different color, they subtract. But I can't figure out what I'm supposed be doing...what the goal is. sorry I didn't respond earlier. I was at work...

9otters
Clownfish
Clownfish
860 Posts

[Post New]by 9otters on Aug 29, 15 8:08 PM
Sorry I took so long. Had a monster headache today.

I imagine you have moved on by now. Anyway, you have to move to the island by means of the hexagons.

Each one has a number of dots on it. The key is to move from space to space by adding/subtracting the number of dots. The total of dots can never add up to more than 5. The solution is random, so it will be different every time you attempt it.

It is actually easier than it LOOKS. You don't have to keep the number in your head. The tile you're on will have the current number. Sometimes it will be blank, which is 0. I found my way by just moving forward and trying. After a couple of mistakes, I could see where I was going wrong.

Again, apologies for not getting back sooner. Hope this helps.

Edited on 08/29/2015 at 8:19:50 PM PST

Go to: