Forum Entry

ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

Forum Entry

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on Aug 28, 15 3:41 PM
I used to enter the forum by clicking on the "Collectibles- Where to Find Them" post. It was always under the Popular Discussions on the Forum launch page..

We'll, we've been booted. It's been replaced by another MC post... Now I actually have to click on the letter A and scroll down..

This is NOT acceptable. Will someone please post some good stuff about collectibles so we can reclaim our spot on the 1st page.

Thank you.

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

Re:Forum Entry

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Aug 28, 15 3:50 PM
I noticed that this morning too. Looks like that thread has about 40,000 less views than it previously did. (Based on which I thought was the one that was in the top few threads).

Make that less 80,000 it was in the 124,000 range.

Add: Got it up to 46,000.

Edited on 08/28/2015 at 4:07:51 PM PST

AnnaDownes01
Flounder
Flounder
2,175 Posts

[Post New]by AnnaDownes01 on Aug 28, 15 4:07 PM
Didn't know you could enter the forum that way. I usually come in via the "Get tips in the Forum" that comes up when I exit the game. The one that has the current game ad for Big Fish

ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on Aug 28, 15 4:08 PM
Hey- you're right! That thread has less posts than ours, why did they boot us? Is it because of no more updates?

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Aug 28, 15 4:11 PM
I don't know. I was wrong it was the where to find collectibles thread I guess .... I will start going in and out of it and see what happens.

Bluex
Salmon
Salmon
2,792 Posts

[Post New]by Bluex on Aug 28, 15 4:12 PM
there are TWO, read them two other threads with less posts up there.. what we' chopped livah now? How ignominious.

ps. just favorite the forum page in your browser.. As I always say , don't get mad GET EVEN!

Edited on 08/28/2015 at 4:13:44 PM PST

ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on Aug 28, 15 4:12 PM
I wonder if it's based on replies not views? I'm going to investigate. BRB.

Hmm.. some of them have less replies and more views that ours.. but others have more replies and less views...

Something bigfishy is going on

Edited on 08/28/2015 at 4:15:38 PM PST

Bluex
Salmon
Salmon
2,792 Posts

[Post New]by Bluex on Aug 28, 15 4:15 PM
no there is one there with less replies.

Edited on 08/28/2015 at 4:15:43 PM PST

Bluex
Salmon
Salmon
2,792 Posts

[Post New]by Bluex on Aug 28, 15 4:18 PM
We will see come tomorrow as It was there earlier I'm pretty sure as that's how I come in myself. If not, Get the pitchforks, battle axes and torches ladies!!

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Aug 28, 15 5:00 PM
I was always under the impression it was based on views. I was looking at the wrong thread. It is the Collectibles one that was up in the Popular discussion section that I used.

Message off to favorite moderator. Perhaps we can find out the reason for the resort.

Add: Just flipped through a few pages in the Popular Discussion section and found the Welcome to thread so it is not that all our threads have been disengaged.

Edited on 08/28/2015 at 5:06:36 PM PST

Bluex
Salmon
Salmon
2,792 Posts

[Post New]by Bluex on Aug 28, 15 5:14 PM
I saw that too Oddly. page 6. so something is odd for sure.

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Aug 28, 15 5:41 PM
I've bookmarked the thread and enter the forum that way.

Being off the first page of the Forum Home page isn't necessarily a bad thing. I think that's the page the bots check when deciding which forum to grace with the post whose name we dare no speak. MC has a lot of posts on that page and each day gets 25 pages or more of the unmentionable.

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Aug 28, 15 6:17 PM
Now that is a bright point for sure, no curry takeout container strewn about.

I have it bookmarked, also enter from when game closes, and from the Popular Decision section - just depends what direction I am coming from.

Bluex
Salmon
Salmon
2,792 Posts

[Post New]by Bluex on Aug 28, 15 7:57 PM
I don't know if that's what they look at TSue.. Dillos is always a target if you notice as well as MC, yet Dillos has never been on that top discussions page, nor the recent discussions for the most part. It is the first name when you search forums, I have also noticed a lot of first in forum lists get targeted. If it were that first page we'd get clobbered as much as MC since we are always on the first page and haven't in over a month. I thought it was by popularity due to MC always a target, but seems more to it than that. Seems its always the same forums over and over again.
They could mitigate the issue of that which we cant say by putting a gate at the entrance asking for a numeric code captcha letting the system know its not a bot when someone wishes to create an account to enter the forum. Or a direct emailed response with a password.

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Aug 28, 15 8:22 PM
Blue - the BF's forums probably don't have that capability. The programming is that old.

Two years ago, there was an attempt to give us new forums. They wanted to move the content of these forums to the new ones but something must have gone horribly wrong and it couldn't be done. That left BF with the choice of having new forums but losing all the information that already existed or lightening the load on its creaky, overworked antiquated unstable forums.

Since the primary reason for the forums is to supply people with help regarding the games, BF got rid of the Chit Chat Corner, which caused a huge argy bargy. There are people who are still livid about that decision.

I think one of the reasons why old threads have been locked is to prevent people from deleting old posts when they have a hissy fit. Deleting old posts adds to the unstableness. It's anybody's guess just how long this software can limp along.

Bluex
Salmon
Salmon
2,792 Posts

[Post New]by Bluex on Aug 28, 15 8:51 PM
good grief! No wonder....thanks for the heads up.

Bluex
Salmon
Salmon
2,792 Posts

[Post New]by Bluex on Aug 29, 15 6:16 AM
Well it did not appear today so something internal was done to that thread.
Anyway another way of reaching the forum quickly is usually by typing the letter F in your address bar. This works if you have accessed the forum before and have history in your browser for it. If "favorited" use the letter A and it should also work that way.. Saves a few clicks. Neither needs to be capitalized I just did here for ease of reading.

[Post New]by WildCat_1988 on Aug 29, 15 8:51 AM
I've always had ART: A.D. Forum saved to my favorites bar on my Home Page. So only thing I have to do is click on the little fishy icon and I'm at the Forum's home page for ART, then only have to scroll thru to see what new.

ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on Aug 29, 15 8:59 AM
The ART posting
Collectibles Where To Find Them
has appeared in the Popular Discussion of the launch page since they started that page.

I don't think there's a correlation to the Popular Discussion and unwanted postings. Those only appear under the Recent portion. Otherwise, we would have been slammed for months.

I know there are other ways to get here, but that was my preferred entry method. While on my way here, I could get a glimpse of other goings on around the pool.

Just curious why they would have pulled it. Doesn't make sense. Hope it comes back.

Bluex
Salmon
Salmon
2,792 Posts

[Post New]by Bluex on Aug 29, 15 9:26 AM
Looking in on it. I don't think it was deliberately pulled. I think it was replaced by Mystery Case Files as someone made an entry on the 27th. Even though if you look at that forum everything is locked due to inactivity, that one specific thread was activated throwing us out. It has 367 replies and 148K+ views, whereas ours has 362 to 146K+ .

Now I compared what is in that Popular discussion box to our thread. If you notice the ones on there are either way more in views or way more in replies. So it must be some formula of both that gets it posted there. I wonder if we upped the responses hummm.. ..food for thought..

Go to: