bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Mystery Tales: Alaskan Wild Collector's Edition

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Aug 29, 15 12:29 AM
From Domini Games, the studio that brought you the Dark Romance series, invites you on a wild journey to the far north in the next exciting Mystery Tales!

Your sister Ellie has been begging you for ages to visit her in Alaska, where she has met the love of her life. When she entices you with new material for your next photography book, you can't resist and hop a flight to visit, only to find out that you've been roped into an awkward family dinner with her soon-to-be mother-in-law! Everything seems normal, until your sister is kidnapped and you're left high and dry trying to catch up with her! You’ll have to harness the power of animal totems to gain their powers and fight back against the dark force that wants to destroy your sister. But when you investigate her fiancé's family history, what dark secrets will you uncover?

CiChDa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,972 Posts

Re:Mystery Tales: Alaskan Wild Collector's Edition

[Post New]by CiChDa on Aug 29, 15 6:01 AM
Nope, not for me....I don't like having animal helpers or becoming an animal to maneuver around in the game.

Turning into an animal did the game in for me.

One thing I have to say is I did like the fact that there are no sound effects when you click on things to look at them.

By the way, I posted here, as this is not a review, just my humble opinion.

Ci

Micha1234
Clownfish
Clownfish
910 Posts

[Post New]by Micha1234 on Aug 29, 15 6:04 AM
Wow......I got barely 30 minutes out of the demo......

[Post New]by shelterhill on Aug 29, 15 6:16 AM
I made it to 40 minutes , but a waist of time, so not interested....

thistle809
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by thistle809 on Aug 29, 15 9:41 AM
I beta tested this almost two months ago and really enjoyed it. The storyline is not your usual, been-done-to-death, slight-variation-on-very-old-theme and it actually encourages players to use their gray cells and imagination!

It gives us four difficulty modes and a map that has the option to show where "Extras" still remain. (I love that because I hate missing one collectible and not being able to get back to the scene where it is.) It even allows players to adjust the amount of snowfall to accommodate those who find it distracting as well as those who may want more of a challenge.

The storyline makes me think of my first mother-in-law, unfortunately. (I have no doubt there are others out there who will identify with Ellie, the victim of the tale.)

There are intriguing puzzles, collectibles and HOS's that will keep you entertained and very much awake and alert. Be prepared to let your imagination and thought processes stretch and exercise! This is no I-can-solve-it-in-my-sleep, ho-hum adventure!

Penny1942
Clownfish
Clownfish
554 Posts

[Post New]by Penny1942 on Aug 29, 15 9:57 AM
I'm with you Thistle hope we're not swimming upstream alone. I love the colors, don't care for the puzzle trip across the lake but, I'm a puzzle skipper anyway.

I swear they used my first mother-in-law for this avatar, will feel good to finally get some licks in!

They are spot on the the shaman's voice. Reminds me of Chief Dan Joseph in The Outlaw Josey Wales!

I would give this game 5 stars if I were doing a complete review. Good job Domini Games!

Edited: I'm sorry I have to take away at least one of those stars. Just posted in the Tech Issues a problem with the fact that the hint button has stopped working. I really want a fix and not a credit!

Edited on 08/29/2015 at 11:50:13 AM PST

patchesandme
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,164 Posts

[Post New]by patchesandme on Aug 29, 15 11:17 AM
Thistle

Penny, Joins in swimming upstream too

JMHO, I am tired of a jump map being a necessity, tired of so many things in one scene alone to collect that the story is lost or by the time I finish a puzzle or a HOS I forget what I am playing. I just want a good game with a good story with good graphics and just a bit of bling and I am a happy camper.

I also enjoyed this game (demo) very much. I am putting it on my wish list for a Monday.

Nohrah
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by Nohrah on Aug 29, 15 4:10 PM
Agree with Penny1942

I really want a fix and not a credit!

thistle809
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by thistle809 on Aug 29, 15 4:23 PM
Penny1942 and Nohrah - I hope you both took the time to send an inquiry to Customer Support which included a Dr. Felix file run after the problem. I have also found it helpful to include a screen shot and as much information about my individual computer (laptop or desktop, manufacturer, model, specific operating system, etc.) as possible.

BFG Customer Support will have to forward all this to the devs, who will then have to work on a "fix" for the "hiccup". It is not going to happen in the blink of an eye, but they will probably be able to give you an answer within a few weeks.

It is frustrating, but a polite, sincere request will always get a better reception than rudeness. (Take it from someone who has spent a few decades in various forms of Customer Service.)

Penny1942
Clownfish
Clownfish
554 Posts

[Post New]by Penny1942 on Aug 29, 15 8:11 PM
How well I know, spent 40 years in customer service in the oil and gas industry, they were never polite or patient. LOL I will do a Dr. Felix report in the morning (after my coffee) so I can be polite. Hope it gets fixed because I am a fan of this developer.

Go to: