Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

What Happened to "Thank you"

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Aug 29, 15 1:41 PM
I would just like to say a HUGE THANK YOU to anyone who has solved a problem I have had with a game, whether it was a tecinical issue or a hint or a tip so that I could carry on with the game. You are the best.

Has THANK YOU or THANKS or even TA (an English expression that might not be known in the USA) become extinct?

There are many, many BFG gamers who have helped me over the years and there are many tips that I have solved, but unfortunately now there are a lot more that just take the tip/hint and don't answer or reply to the info they receive.

I mean how difficult is it to type THANK YOU or THANKS or even TA?

Ok having a senior moment here, but remember it's always nice to be nice, after all you are being helped by fellow BFG members.

Nohrah
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

Re:What Happened to "Thank you"

[Post New]by Nohrah on Aug 29, 15 3:46 PM
Hello Daxadillion
I too have been wondering the same of late.

For me writing still comes hard, it is a long and laborious task, but today a carer is here to help me write this epilogue.

Because I have noted the same concerns as you, I have been trying to write a small thank you to those who have posted advice or solutions to problems even if the reply is not to me.

I will often not ask something because someone else already has asked the question, however if I have found a post useful I will write a ty and an emoticon (sometimes that is all I can manage). Especially of late because I too have noticed your concerns.

Thank you deeply for the reminder. Hope this makes sense
With Respect Nohrah

Poof11
Clownfish
Clownfish
503 Posts

[Post New]by Poof11 on Aug 29, 15 6:22 PM
Thank you both Dax and Nohrah. I think every once in a while we need to be reminded of the manners we were taught. People are in such a rush anymore but forget the simplest things which can make a difference.
Thanks again.

9otters
Clownfish
Clownfish
860 Posts

[Post New]by 9otters on Aug 29, 15 10:18 PM
Dax, Nohrah, and Poof

I am in agreement with all of you. It really is nice to know if the help provided was helpful.

I'm perfectly happy with an emoticon response. Sometimes they are better than words. Instantly understandable. Something is better than nothing.

Dudesmum
Guppy
Guppy
110 Posts

[Post New]by Dudesmum on Aug 30, 15 7:20 PM
Hi

Thank you for raising this ... I to have notice this not only here but in life in general ...

My Granma would always make sure I said Please and Thank you everywhere I went...

But in saying that I have been a bit lax myself of late .... I have posted requests for discount codes when I've been trying to purchase via my iPhone, which won't bring up the banner with the codes (very frustrating Big Fish ) and when someone kindly posts a reply I'm to busy buying to say a simple thank you sometimes .

So for all those I have forgotten please except my sincerest ...

Thank you

Dudesmum or Mum of Chaos xxx

Tauret
Marlin
Marlin
8,157 Posts

[Post New]by Tauret on Aug 31, 15 4:44 AM
I guess I'm the odd fish out here. I'm very aware of "Please and Thank You" so far as my usage. But I don't presume that others follow the same rules and manners I do. I don't communicate much in this forum, but when I do offer help or an idea that might help another person I might check back with that thread for a day or two just to see if they have any other questions but I never check back to see if they have thanked me. I'm happy to help, whether I get thanked for it or not.

Keep your dorsal fin up.
Tauret

bluejen
Clownfish
Clownfish
702 Posts

[Post New]by bluejen on Aug 31, 15 11:04 PM
I agree. One of my pet peeves is when you're talking to say a receptionist at a doctor's office (or elsewhere) and you say "thank you" and they say "no problem." Well, I hope it's not a problem as that is what you're paid to do. It seems to be a generational thing. The younger people tend to say this instead of thank you. Annoying.

j62janet
Clownfish
Clownfish
638 Posts

[Post New]by j62janet on Sep 1, 15 1:45 AM
Very well said, it takes no effort at all to say thank you, but it means a great deal, I always say thank you, that's how I was brought up

2cats4u
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by 2cats4u on Sep 1, 15 3:43 PM
I MUST agree with bluejen, When I receive the response " No Problem" I now look the person in the face ask "oh on any other day would I be causing you a problem?" Most of the time it goes right over their heads but I feel better.

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Sep 2, 15 3:22 PM
Hi Daxadillion,

Thank you for taking the time to post this, and the Forum Moderation team would like to add their thanks as well! It's great to see this kind of positive participation in the Forums and hope that you all continue to be part of the community here.

Since this thread isn't specific to Mystery Tales: Alaskan Wild Collector's Edition, I'll go ahead and lock it, but I do hope that everyone can continue in this spirit when posting in other threads in the Forums.

Thank you all,

bfgWaimea

Edited on 09/02/2015 at 3:22:47 PM PST

Go to: