Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Maze: Subject 360 here

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Aug 30, 15 12:34 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 08/30/2015 at 6:20:32 AM PST

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Maze: Subject 360 here

[Post New]by bluebellsonia on Aug 30, 15 4:04 AM
OMG this is terrifying.Definitely a buy for me. Not one to play just before bed.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Aug 30, 15 6:20 AM
Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Maze: Subject 360 here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Maze: Subject 360.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.

3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgBellerophon

sexxygamma
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by sexxygamma on Aug 30, 15 9:09 AM
To those that have bought or played both the CE and SE which one is the best buy for your buck??

gwenofala
Minnow
Minnow
245 Posts

[Post New]by gwenofala on Aug 30, 15 11:18 AM
OMG WHAT A SCARY GAME ! I just played the SE demo now I'm going to try the CE to see which one I want ! I normally don't do scary games at all but decided to give this one a try I really like it !

dbmcc
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by dbmcc on Aug 30, 15 11:35 AM
I enjoyed this game. It has a really dark side and then moves on to a lighter side. I was able to play it without any major glitches which was nice because I have been having problems with some other games. I would recommend this game for all.

patchesandme
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,164 Posts

[Post New]by patchesandme on Aug 30, 15 11:54 AM
This post is for those who don't always demo but will buy a game by reading the reviews or they did the beta for it.

Demo This Game!! If you are one that loves to get into the the game play and the story without pop out distractions then this game is Not for you. Even though the journal is at the bottom right of your page and you can click on it anytime you want there is still a Big Pop Out of the journal just about every time you do something. This pop out is huge It covered about a quarter of my screen from top to bottom and every time it popped out you also had to close it to move on. This is not a glitch it's part of the game that the Dev's decided to put in for it is in the CE too.

So if you are one of these people who would find this kind of pop out and stay not only annoying but ruins the story and entire play of this game then JMO I would say PASS on this game. Which is a shame because if it was Not for the pop out journal I feel this game could have been the game of the year so far.

Edited on 08/30/2015 at 11:56:11 AM PST

bluejen
Clownfish
Clownfish
702 Posts

[Post New]by bluejen on Aug 30, 15 1:25 PM
sexxygamma wrote:To those that have bought or played both the CE and SE which one is the best buy for your buck??

I bought the CE and couldn't stand the game. It was dark, depressing, dirty and I hated it. Wish I had my money back.

sneak
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by sneak on Aug 30, 15 3:26 PM
I bought the game earlier this evening and have been playing ever since, about 3 hours.
I don't usually play games quite this scary but this one is so different to others I Have tried on a trial basis.
Yes it is scary and depressing but it's one of those games that I just have to keep playing to find out what happens next. I'm loving it!

fluffyalso
Guppy
Guppy
139 Posts

[Post New]by fluffyalso on Aug 30, 15 3:53 PM
Love this game. Current time frame with spooky real life characters for the most part. Been playing about 2hr and is staying true to demo with 2nd dimension also appearing. I did jump once in demo but not too scary for me. Definite 4.5 out of 5.

9otters
Clownfish
Clownfish
860 Posts

[Post New]by 9otters on Aug 30, 15 4:24 PM
sexxygamma said,

To those that have bought or played both the CE and SE which one is the best buy for your buck??

I wrote a review for the SE game page, and in it I recommended the CE. The reason being, the bonus game added SO much to the story.

It was told from another point of view and wasn't just another "bit" tacked on. It was cleverly incorporated, and made a MUCH better overall ending, imo.

If you're a "story" person, the CE is for you!

There were some fun extras too. I especially liked the MONDO HOS that was unlocked after playing the "swirl" game.

edit: The biggest drawback with BOTH games is the huge, black, pop-out journal/objectives page. It's a mood breaker in a big way, as it covers about 1/4 of the screen. Play the demo, for sure, to see if it is something you can tolerate. You'll have to make it "go away" many times in both main and bonus games.

Edited on 08/30/2015 at 6:33:33 PM PST

roaming
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

[Post New]by roaming on Aug 30, 15 7:59 PM
bluejen wrote:I bought the CE and couldn't stand the game. It was dark, depressing, dirty and I hated it. Wish I had my money back.
I played 30 minutes of the demo. Ditto what bluejen said, plus I was so bored I couldn't stand it.

Edited on 08/30/2015 at 8:00:08 PM PST

chillygirl
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

[Post New]by chillygirl on Aug 30, 15 9:08 PM
Wow! First I saw the rating was high as far as the stars so I came to the review page just to see what you all thought...
After reading your reviews I went to the walk thru. The game has NO color whatsoever!
The only thing tempting me is that some said it was very scary so I guess based on that, I might try it...

Fifiluna614
Guppy
Guppy
128 Posts

[Post New]by Fifiluna614 on Aug 31, 15 9:33 AM
Wow, I played the demo and the "creep" factor seems to be off the scale. It reminds me very much of Brink of Consciousness: Dorian Gray Syndrome with its sinister, dis-embodied voice putting you thru a series of tests. I liked that game a lot, so I'll probably purchase this one, too.

jdelbove
Minnow
Minnow
266 Posts

[Post New]by jdelbove on Aug 31, 15 9:48 AM
bluejen wrote:
sexxygamma wrote:To those that have bought or played both the CE and SE which one is the best buy for your buck??

I bought the CE and couldn't stand the game. It was dark, depressing, dirty and I hated it. Wish I had my money back.

I can't even get passes the bed with symbols on it. HINT keeps telling me to go back & forth and cannot do anything. Thank God this is just the free demo! [b]

Edited on 08/31/2015 at 9:50:14 AM PST

[Post New]by Cherie_jax on Sep 1, 15 7:08 PM
I loved this game. Wasn't to cutesy, felt like a game for adults for a change. I thought puzzles were very creative and fun ie the comic book order. I had a free game and got the SE, but definitely thinking of getting CE

joanies
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by joanies on Sep 2, 15 5:19 AM
Brilliant!!!!

layzeedaisy
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by layzeedaisy on Sep 8, 15 2:45 PM

I rarely say WOW, WHAT A GAME, but this one is so very different that it warrants that comment.

The devs were very brave to come up with this game, it was so totally out of the ordinary.

In some places it was dark, gloomy, and scary enough to make one jump. In other places there was some lightness and humour.

It sure made a change from the light, bright, airy fairy ones. I wouldn't mind some more games like this............. please.

LadyJane50
Guppy
Guppy
183 Posts

[Post New]by LadyJane50 on Sep 22, 15 10:00 AM
I really liked this game. Didn't find it scary like some people commented, but it did have some dark and creepy characters. Thought it was funny that I had to slap a few of the bad guys. Too funny!

Good storyline, good graphics. The hint button is great and a walkthrough isn't needed at all.

Only frustrating part was the very end. You have a game to play when you fight the bad dude. It's not skippable. Argh!

Wish I would have purchased the collector's edition. One commenter said the bonus game added a lot to the storyline as the bonus game is from another character's point of view. Oh well.

OnBreak
Minnow
Minnow
262 Posts

[Post New]by OnBreak on Sep 22, 15 12:37 PM
I just finished the game and i really enjoyed it. I forgot to look but i think it took me about 4+ hours to complete (without skipping anything). Was a little creepy but what a nice change of pace. Puzzles were fun and different.

Go to: