bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Mystery Case Files: Ravenhearst here

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Aug 30, 15 9:46 AM
Hey there Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgBellerophon

Ravenhearst for Mac only 70MB?

[Post New]by Francois_1954 on Aug 30, 15 12:50 PM
I used my free game coupon for MCF Ravenhearst for Mac, but the file is only 70MB and does not run. Big Fish games manager said the download was complete and also completed the installation, but It looks like it is NOT a complete game as there is no game icon, but the games manager thinks it is (asks my to play it, but it doesn't launch, when I re-click it says another copy is running, but my activity monitor doesn't show anything running.

I have uninstalled 3 times, rebooted and have had same result each time. I also downloaded Escape from Ravenhearst after this. The file was reported to be 1.1GB, downloaded and ran fine.

Any thoughts??

Running on: OSX Yosemite 10.10.05

Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro7,1
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.4 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 3 MB
Memory: 8 GB

Thanks

Edited on 08/31/2015 at 6:09:27 PM PST

Reuby
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Mystery Case Files: Ravenhearst here

[Post New]by Reuby on Sep 6, 15 1:56 PM
Here I have an exactly the same problem with Francois_1954.
I have Return to Ravenhearst, it works fine.
Running on: OSX 10.10.04
Macbook Pro
Intel Core i5
2.5 GHz
Memory: 8GB

Nanon
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

problems with mystery case file games, adobe projector and windows 10

[Post New]by Nanon on Sep 7, 15 12:15 PM
I recently downloaded windows 10 ( had 7) and am having resolution trouble with my mystery case file games. Error message says to change resolution. I had a free download of Ravenhurst and Awakening the dreamless castle and a disc of Madame Fate. Awakening runs just fine. the MCF games change the resolution on my computer from 1600x900 to 1280x720!! The resolution will not change as long as an MCF game is trying to run. I noticed that is says it adobe projector. ????????
HELP. Thank you

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Sep 8, 15 5:33 PM
Hi Francois_1954 and Reuby,

Thank you for providing your system info. Looking at the
Mystery Case Files: Ravenhearst ® (Mac)
page, it looks like Mystery Case Files: Ravenhearst ™ is only compatible with OS X 10.4 and 10.5. This would explain the trouble with running the game on your newer systems.

Nanon - Regarding this resolution issue, I do recommend that you contact our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report.

Our Reps are always glad to help in any way they can and are also able to help with replacement games if needed.

Thank you for your patience,

bfgWaimea

[Post New]by Vegitunks on Oct 10, 15 8:25 PM
Hi I just bought this game for mac and I can't even open it I open it and it goes straight to play this game again page then i click that and it says another game is running

[Post New]by Loririle on Oct 27, 15 11:30 AM
bfgWaimea wrote:Hi Francois_1954 and Reuby,

Thank you for providing your system info. Looking at the <a href="http://www.bigfishgames.com/games/1331/mystery-case-files-ravenhearst/?mac">
Mystery Case Files: Ravenhearst ® (Mac)
</a> page, it looks like Mystery Case Files: Ravenhearst ™ is only compatible with OS X 10.4 and 10.5. This would explain the trouble with running the game on your newer systems.

Nanon - Regarding this resolution issue, I do recommend that you contact our Technical Support Team <a href="http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/ask">HERE</a> with a <a href="http://www.bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=1688">Dr. Felix Report</a>.

Our Reps are always glad to help in any way they can and are also able to help with replacement games if needed.

Thank you for your patience,

bfgWaimea

Does this means, that all MCF that where launched before Yosemite and El Capitan won't work anymore?
Are there going to be updates to these versions?

Thanks

[Post New]by BarbZH on Oct 27, 15 8:20 PM
So I thought i would replay the original Ravenhearst games that I played when they first came out before playing the new game. and, Big Fish, you are offering bargains on those earlier games as a "package" Doesn't seem right to offer the package now if the games can't be played on current OS's.

keylady
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by keylady on Nov 9, 15 12:13 PM
I purchased this game, it downloaded fine, but the game will not open. I have tried everything to get the game to open, but nothing works. Could you tell me what the problem may be?? If it is not going to work, I would like my credit back so that I can purchase a game that works!! Thank you!!

ebef6
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by ebef6 on Nov 11, 15 2:13 PM
I'm running Windows 10 on a Dell Inspiron 3846 with on board Intel HD Graphics: 0x1028 (0x068D). The game will not change its size to accommodate a 1024 X 768 resolution, or any other resolution. The game stays in Windowed Mode whether Full Screen is checked or not. My system gives this message: Optimal Resolution Notification: "This is not the optimal screen resolution for the primary display. The optimal resolution is 1366 X 768." Again, the game will only run in Windowed Mode (making it very small on my monitor) regardless of the resolution chosen. Not incidentally, the auto-config option on the monitor does not seem to work when running this game. Note that when playing this game on another computer in my house, which also runs Windows 10, the game automatically adjusts to the screen size and plays in the full screen. Note that there are NO error codes.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Nov 12, 15 3:26 PM
Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry to hear that there is some trouble playing this game on your computers.

It does look like Mystery Case Files: Ravenhearst is only compatible with OS X 10.4 and 10.5 as bfgWaimea had mentioned. This does not mean that all Mystery Case Files games won't run on your current operating system Loririle. The latest addition to the series is compatible with OS X 10.6 and above. I'll include the link to the game page below:

Mystery Case Files: Key to Ravenhearst Collector's Edition

vegitunks and keylady, it may be helpful to uninstall and reinstall the game to help resolve the issue you are experiencing. If this doesn't help, the help article below may contain hints. keylady, we don't have the tools access your account from the forums, but if you contact our Customer Support Team, they can look into providing a credit for the purchase.

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

ebef6, it is definitely interesting that after placing this game in Windowed mode to play on one computer, a different computer will automatically adjust the screen size unlike the previous computer in which you had to adjust. If you would like to troubleshoot the first computer, you can definitely contact our Technical Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report. The support team is always willing to help in any way that they can.

bfgBellerophon

[Post New]by Fivellion on Nov 28, 15 2:25 PM
I'm trying to play this on my mac. It uploaded fine, but won't open when I click the play button on Game Manager. I've never had this issue with a game before. Is this because my software is too new?

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Nov 29, 15 12:58 PM
Hi Fivellion,

I'm sorry that you are having issues getting this game to open on your Mac computer.

The following help article may contain hints on how to resolve this issue:

Mac Game Troubleshooting

It is recommended to pay particular attention to the 'Game crashing, freezing, not displaying properly, or showing an error?' section.

If you find that you are still having issues, please contact our Technical Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report. They have the tools to help further troubleshoot and are always willing to help.

bfgBellerophon

[Post New]by TipiCat on Dec 5, 15 10:17 PM
I bought the Mac version of MCF Ravenhearst for my MacBook Air with OS X Yosemite (version 10.10.4). I downloaded the .zip file, and opened up Game Manager. Then I clicked 'Play', but it simply went to the screen you get after you finish playing a game you own. After hitting refresh and clicking 'Play Now' a few more times, I got a message briefly flashing across the screen, stating that another game seems to be running on my computer, and I should quit that game and restart my laptop. I checked that there were no other games running, and refreshed it a few more times, then restarted my computer, but still to no avail. What's going on?

[Post New]by bbannard on Dec 12, 15 12:36 AM
Hi,
Since upgrading to windows 10 Ravenhurst and Return to Ravenhurst both ran in small windows. Unnistalling and reinstalling Return to Ravenhurst didn't work, this game now doesn't run at all.

Do you have a fix please for both games.

Regards,
Brian

[Post New]by beccc83 on Dec 27, 15 9:10 PM
I looked at the game page for Ravenhurst, and it says RECOMMENDED for 10.4, 10.5, it says nothing about ONLY WORKING on earlier versions. What is the point of selling games that only work on software released 7 years ago? I'm seriously annoyed that I have just spent money on games I can not play. My first purchases too! It does not look good.
If the games can not be played then the money should be refunded, or put onto other games!

[Post New]by 2014christmas on Dec 31, 15 2:55 PM
Hi

Help, I get to the bailiffs office and the scales of justice. Hint keeps taking me to this area and when I click on it, the hand is there but it does nothing at all.

I clicked all round and in the area and nothing happens.

Is it me or a clitch?

Thanks

[Post New]by j_kash on Feb 7, 16 2:26 PM
hi, i bought this game a while ago and now I'm trying to reinstall it and it keeps saying, i only have the 60 minute version and that i need a "key" to unlock the full version. i tried everything and it keeps saying "invalid license" i un-installed it then tried to reinstall it, but nothing is working. i have a mac.. i emailed big fish about it, and got a reply back saying to check their help page. i can't find anything about it. if anyone knows how to fix this please let me know. thanks.

[Post New]by kukutoo on Feb 11, 16 3:14 PM
I have Mac El Capitan and all of the Mystery Case Files games.
And can't open any of them!
Are these going to be upgraded to work again?
I spent money buying these games, and expect them to be working.

Please let us know, will they be upgraded, or are you just going to sell us new games that will work for a while again?

livic
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by livic on May 10, 16 7:16 PM
It doesn't run on Mac. provided the felix report to tech. but they do nothing, don't even reply for days..

Go to: