bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Mystery Age: The Imperial Staff comments and reviews

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Aug 20, 09 1:02 AM
Our game editors didn’t get a chance to complete their review of Mystery Age: The Imperial Staff before the game launched today. But please post your comments in this thread so other can hear what you thought of the game!

amj0963
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,544 Posts

Re:Mystery Age: The Imperial Staff comments and reviews

[Post New]by amj0963 on Aug 20, 09 1:31 AM
this game is great, good graphics, music is not that bad and a good story line. so far the mini games are fairly easy don't know if they will get harder. love the scenery very fairy taleish (is that a word?) very nice though, love that you have to find pieces and that they are put in your inventory to use in the game. this is a definite buy for me

eta the mini games are skippable and also the hints are rechargeable and if you find the eyes they recharge faster

i give it

Edited on 08/20/2009 at 2:20:45 AM PST

jinocchio49
Flounder
Flounder
2,255 Posts

[Post New]by jinocchio49 on Aug 20, 09 1:46 AM
I just love this game! It's a lot on the order of Magic Encyclopedia, which I loved also. Mini-games are fairly easy, the one with the wheel and the colors is giving me fits, though! All in all it's a great game and a must-have for me.

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Aug 20, 09 2:07 AM
Aftre only 15 minutes into demo I've come to buy and drop a note here. Really beautiful artwork would almost be enough for me, but coupled with true IHOG mechanics where you are needing to think about what items to use where, well that's a winner in my book. Yeah, it would prolly be wise to finish the demo but WTH. ...and yes, *very* reminiscent (I have no idea how to spell that word...) of Magic Encyclopedia, which I loved.

Will come back with full review later on but so far looks mighty good. Soooo pretty!

besstan
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,053 Posts

[Post New]by besstan on Aug 20, 09 2:18 AM
i too love this game a bit like magic encyclopedia and them sort of games a must buy for me only played the first chapter going to buy now a deffinat and thank you besstan

paulmiss
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by paulmiss on Aug 20, 09 2:51 AM
seems like a great game but needs more help info as what to do like with the moving hand when it,s in the cursor and how to gather the fireflies to put in the lamp as i assume that,s what to be done but no where does it tell me

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Aug 20, 09 2:54 AM
I am finding this game rather delightful- like others bought it straight away after partially playing the demo. I do like the fairytale graphics and the general gameplay.

For those that have trouble with magic enclopedia type games the object parts in this game are easier to find than ME- not as teeny weeny.

Very nice game

and a half

edit: after completing the game had to edit to add an extra half star
The game just gets better and better and plenty of fun puzzles to do along the way.

Edited on 08/20/2009 at 9:44:19 PM PST

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Aug 20, 09 3:04 AM
WooHooHoo, and a bottle of beer!!!

Five thumbs up Big Fish - one of your best games.

lineck
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,140 Posts

[Post New]by lineck on Aug 20, 09 3:55 AM
paulmiss wrote:seems like a great game but needs more help info as what to do like with the moving hand when it,s in the cursor and how to gather the fireflies to put in the lamp as i assume that,s what to be done but no where does it tell me

In option you can change to normal cursor I will pm fireflies not to spoil it do not know how to hide

Cheers
lineck

samisgram
Lobster
Lobster
88 Posts

[Post New]by samisgram on Aug 20, 09 4:18 AM
sounds like a game I'm definitely gonna try
Toni

88blyth
Catfish
Catfish
1,705 Posts

[Post New]by 88blyth on Aug 20, 09 4:32 AM
loving it, loving it, loving it , only played 1/2 hour of the demo and it has zoomed by, does anyone roughly know how long this game is? x x x

[Post New]by crazycatjag on Aug 20, 09 4:42 AM
I'm going to try Mystery Age. But I can't seem to get the walkthrough to download. Is there a problem with it? Hope it can be fixed. Thanks.

comicseller
Flounder
Flounder
2,254 Posts

[Post New]by comicseller on Aug 20, 09 4:55 AM
I love this game. I beta'd it and couldn't wait for it to come out. I sure do wish there
was a walk through though.....I'm stuck trying to get the medicine to the camel.

LogieBaby
Clownfish
Clownfish
603 Posts

[Post New]by LogieBaby on Aug 20, 09 5:02 AM
looks to be a keeper just remember that this type of game will always have you searching for the same things and completing the same tasks over and over again.
I might buy it but to me it's a game to finish one time and then put it away for a few weeks so I can forget where things are ( a benefit of getting older.........)

MargieB
Salmon
Salmon
2,658 Posts

[Post New]by MargieB on Aug 20, 09 5:30 AM
Hi Everyone!

Prpldva finished the walkthrough for Mystery Age, not sure why it is not posted on the blog. It must be some type of technical issue. There is no one at the office right now but as soon as they come in I'm sure it will be fixed.

Please check back after 10 am PST time for the walkthrough to be up.Sorry about the inconvenience

If you have a question about the game and need a solution, please post it in another forum so we can keep this section spoiler free Someone will be by to help you.

Thanks!

Margie B

Edited on 08/20/2009 at 5:32:49 AM PST

jramme
Minnow
Minnow
251 Posts

[Post New]by jramme on Aug 20, 09 5:33 AM
paulmiss wrote:seems like a great game but needs more help info as what to do like with the moving hand when it,s in the cursor and how to gather the fireflies to put in the lamp as i assume that,s what to be done but no where does it tell me

Use the sack to catch the fireflies.

sandypr
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by sandypr on Aug 20, 09 6:00 AM
comicseller

just chrush up the leaves and give to the camel.

88blyth
Catfish
Catfish
1,705 Posts

[Post New]by 88blyth on Aug 20, 09 7:13 AM
i have just finished the demo and really enjoyed it, in fact i was playing it with a grin on my face and did not realise untill hubby said "what are you smiling about"!!!!..must be old age creeping in...lol x x x

Louky
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by Louky on Aug 20, 09 7:39 AM
I love this type of hidden object games these are my favorites
WTG

schuldi
Guppy
Guppy
192 Posts

[Post New]by schuldi on Aug 20, 09 7:44 AM
I love this game.............doing the demo and will buy it when i am done. Very much like ME and the Treasure of Mystery Island etc. Excellent!!

Go to: