Edited on 09/01/2015 at 6:29:28 AM PST

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Lost Island: Eternal Storm here

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Sep 1, 15 6:29 AM
Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Lost Island: Eternal Storm here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Lost Island: Eternal Storm.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.

3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgBellerophon

[Post New]by JudahGrant on Sep 1, 15 6:56 AM
I played this game when it came out earlier on a rival game site.

It has the look and feel of a Free to Play game without all the hidden fees.
The production values are good, and the graphics are excellent.
The same hidden objects appear in random locations that are well concealed.
It Also contains a fun bridge mini game I've only seen before on mobile devices.

As always, try the demo.

judyglenning
Guppy
Guppy
126 Posts

[Post New]by judyglenning on Sep 1, 15 7:45 AM
When I first tried this game I gave it about 10 minutes, then uninstalled it.Then I remembered other games I gave another chance and reinstalled.
My cat finally told me if I didn't stop he was running away from home.
I was playing HOG's at BFG long before adventure was added and this is one of the best ever.
Thank you.
Any more just like this?

Lilac13
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
490 Posts

[Post New]by Lilac13 on Sep 2, 15 12:27 AM
I downloaded this game last week from a rival website where I 'm also a member. It is absolutely fantastic! Great graphics, story line, characters, etc. Don't have to worry about buying food or diamonds or waiting for HOS to be available again, just play for as many hours as you want. Unfortunately, after only 2 days of play, I've maxed out at level 25. I've opened all areas and finished all current quests. No way to know when there will be new quests so I check in daily and collect supplies, work my way thru all the HOS to build up money and collection items, interact w/ characters, work on achievements. Hope they issue new content soon!

patchesandme
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,164 Posts

[Post New]by patchesandme on Sep 2, 15 10:55 AM
I want to thank you for your review
Lilac13 wrote:I downloaded this game last week from a rival website where I 'm also a member. It is absolutely fantastic! Great graphics, story line, characters, etc. Don't have to worry about buying food or diamonds or waiting for HOS to be available again, just play for as many hours as you want. Unfortunately, after only 2 days of play, I've maxed out at level 25. I've opened all areas and finished all current quests. No way to know when there will be new quests so I check in daily and collect supplies, work my way thru all the HOS to build up money and collection items, interact w/ characters, work on achievements. Hope they issue new content soon!
JMHO. It may be you have reached the end of the game even if the game does not have a conclusion to it. It may be like a FTP game but it is not. Like my M3 game I have where I have a certain amount of castles to build and once done I can still play the M3 and collect money and coins but have nothing to use them on. If this game does end with no conclusion maybe they are trying a new way for FTP games. You buy the game it ends and then you have to wait for the next game to come out to continue. If this is the case the only problem I can see is the Dev's could start from where they left off with the story but anything one has collected from the first game could not be transferred.

I for one like a conclusion to the games I buy. Also I don't play timed games that won't let you continue when the time runs out. So this one will be a no buy for me.

Lilac13
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
490 Posts

[Post New]by Lilac13 on Sep 2, 15 11:52 AM
Hi Patch, When you reach level 25, there is a video and a character telling you what will be the next round of quests. He tells you you have to wait for the updates to be issued in the future. So the game is not over and it is like the FTP's where you wait for updates. Only questions is when/if they will release the updates.

patchesandme
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,164 Posts

[Post New]by patchesandme on Sep 2, 15 7:23 PM
Hi Lilac, Thank You for that information. I feel it's very helpful for those who like it but are just not sure if they want to buy it. I'm not going to even demo it though since I read you have to get at least one star in the HOS with the time given. Once I know I am being timed I get to nervous. Eyes and hands are not that great anymore and just don't do so well.

Here's a bit of hoping they will have a update for you much sooner then later.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Sep 3, 15 3:22 AM
I wouldn't wait for an update. How could you possibly get more added to a game you bought? This was obviously first designed as a F2P game, and the devs have just not gotten around to take off the part which will not be part in this buyable version.

I am loving this game. The graphics are great, and no energy loss when I do the HOS - thank goodness - and I love that fisherman (very sexy looking), and gameplay is just great.

Thanks Five-BN for a really wonderfully done game.

Lilac13
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
490 Posts

[Post New]by Lilac13 on Sep 4, 15 12:59 AM
Hi Valdy, You're going to be disappointed when the game ends at level 25 w/ promises of an update. I downloaded the game from BFG and it shows me in the same place, waiting for an update. Enjoy it until then.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Sep 4, 15 6:14 AM
I am sure it will be a little disappointing, but I don't really mind. I will take it as far as it goes, and then start again at some point.

To be honest, I never play F2P games of this type for very long, because having to enter the same HOS over and over again bores me very quickly. So I rather play a game that takes me only so far, and ends while I am still excited about it.

[Post New]by GreenHerring on Sep 11, 15 5:44 AM
Well that was fun, until level 25. Now I want the rest too? Where is it?
How do you get them off the island?

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Sep 14, 15 9:47 PM
Someone in the "End of the Game?" thread said they are already on level 27 and not yet done, and still have to open one of the places.

So it seems that the end does not depend on being on level 25, but on how you play the game. Some players take short cuts, and don't get enough points to level up more often, and others go through all the available HOS to get those points needed.

Valkara
Herring
Herring
341 Posts

[Post New]by Valkara on Oct 1, 15 10:23 AM
This game is addictive. The artwork is gorgeous, and some of the income-generating places on the map require planning ahead, to get all the building materials needed to fix them up. The music is relaxing, and this has been a welcome change from the "some evil force has kidnapped your sister/brother/father/children" games.

[Post New]by dptcdgls on Oct 11, 15 8:13 PM
Seems like this game came from a non-English speaking country and someone didn't spell check it very well. Every instance of Clover is called Clever....pretty sad.

CassieLC
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by CassieLC on Oct 16, 15 7:42 AM
Absolutely loved this game. Plays like a F2P game but no waiting for energy or crystals to generate. I wish all games was like this.

[Post New]by issthereauser on Oct 19, 15 5:46 AM
I really like this game but hey developers don't start something you can't finish! Where is the update???

[Post New]by GreenHerring on Dec 24, 15 5:57 PM
Awesome game, spent hours and hours, day after day, but please Big Fish Update it, I've played it till level 25 and they tell you to wait for the updates to come soon. Now I've kept playing till all levels and mini games and everything is played and am at level 30 and still no update!

Come on Big Fish! Don't keep us hanging!

Go to: