bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Princess Isabella: A Witch's Curse

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Aug 21, 09 12:02 AM
Princess Isabella is all set to marry the love of her dreams, Prince Adam. After returning home from a trip, however, she finds that an evil curse has been placed on her castle by a mysterious witch. The curse has placed evil in every room, and turned everyone inside the castle into mirrors! Follow a fairy friend as you piece together the clues and save your friends and family in Princess Isabella: A Witch`s Curse, a gorgeous Hidden Object Adventure game!

nelliegemini
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,898 Posts

Re:Princess Isabella: A Witch's Curse

[Post New]by nelliegemini on Aug 21, 09 1:03 AM
Oh good grief, two really good IHO games in two days, does BFG think I'm made of money?!

Another IHO where found items are used on other items, reasonably intuitive and varied. So far we've also had a gear game, jigsaw, 'match the picture' (tricky), and I know we are building up to a match the tune game. Not all the needed objects are found in the room with the puzzle that needs completion, and you progress from one room to the next through a castle.

Hints are available, and either reload very quickly or are there all the time.

One of the goals is to collect shattered fragments of mirror to re assemble portraits in one room. When you have found the final piece of a portrait you are given the option to return to that room and complete the puzzle, or carry on. If you opt to return you go there in one 'leap' - you don't have to traipse through all the rooms. When the puzzle is complete you are again given the option to leap back to the room you were in before. Sooo nice to cut out the boring bit. I don't know how long the game will last but this is going on to my 'must buy' list.

I just wish a little more thought had gone into the fairy's voice, helium is so annoying - if she carries on squeaking at me we may well fall out!

Edit ... ooops, posted in wrong place - sorry

Edited on 08/21/2009 at 1:17:51 AM PST

scrollingmama
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by scrollingmama on Aug 21, 09 1:09 AM
love this game so far although having a tough time finding some of the necessary items for the mini games....is there going to be a walkthrough at some point?

[Post New]by CheerfulDragon8 on Aug 21, 09 2:32 AM
I'm enjoying this game so much I may just buy it! I agree about the need for a walkthrough on this one, though. I'm missing a gun part for the hunting room and I've no idea where to find it. I'm also having trouble with the marble puzzle to unlock one of the doors.

Oh, and if the voice really annoys you there's an option to turn down the voice volume. Everything the fairy says appears as text, so you don't miss anything.

Edited on 08/21/2009 at 2:35:50 AM PST

Elkestra
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,825 Posts

[Post New]by Elkestra on Aug 21, 09 3:58 AM
CheerfulDragon8 wrote:I'm also having trouble with the marble puzzle to unlock one of the doors.

You won't be opening the marble puzzle lock until the very end, but there's plenty more to do in the meantime.

Wish I could help on the gun-part, you get most from hidden object scenes, and one part from one of the mirror characters you free.

LogieBaby
Clownfish
Clownfish
603 Posts

[Post New]by LogieBaby on Aug 21, 09 4:49 AM
CheerfulDragon8 wrote:I'm enjoying this game so much I may just buy it! I agree about the need for a walkthrough on this one, though. I'm missing a gun part for the hunting room and I've no idea where to find it. I'm also having trouble with the marble puzzle to unlock one of the doors.

Oh, and if the voice really annoys you there's an option to turn down the voice volume. Everything the fairy says appears as text, so you don't miss anything.

one of the gun pieces is in a bottle that needs to be broken with a rock and I believe it's in the outside area where the game begins.

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Aug 21, 09 5:34 AM
I am surely in HOG heaven, lol. Finished the other one yesterday morning, earlyin one sitting, and had to work last night, Figured I would have to wait awile to get another good hog...so I am very pleased to see this one this morning. And to read that y'all are liking it. Granted I won't have much time to play it, as I have to work again tonight and tomorrow, but will get it started, and finish up on Sunday. Would it be asking too much to hope for another one between now and then? I am hooked.

seawitch98
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by seawitch98 on Aug 21, 09 7:47 AM
Help, lov this game but now Iam stuck, I cant find the dials for the date game in the grand hall, does anyone know where to get them? cant go any further without them, just keep going thru rooms and hallways that say "area clear".

jorn1996
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by jorn1996 on Aug 21, 09 9:11 AM
It's so reassuring that I am NOT the only one "addicted" to GOOD HOG. Hubby just doesn't get it.

I'm at the Queen's picture but can't find the last piece - yet......GLA!!

[Post New]by mdavey58 on Aug 22, 09 9:22 PM
seawitch98 wrote:Help, lov this game but now Iam stuck, I cant find the dials for the date game in the grand hall, does anyone know where to get them? cant go any further without them, just keep going thru rooms and hallways that say "area clear".
I found the one dial but not the other

annita33
Narwhal
Narwhal
34,725 Posts

[Post New]by annita33 on Aug 23, 09 7:17 AM
2 of my favorite kinds of hidden object games in 2 days thank you Big Fish! I finished this game and loved it so much I am going in again I am glad I used a credit to get it. I was wondering though when you cleared a room it said area cleared on the top of the screen what about the stables? It didn't say it I was alittle confused when the credits popped up and the game was done. Has this happened to anyone else?

fauxgina
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by fauxgina on Aug 23, 09 8:07 AM
annita, I did find that the stables were unsolved for quite a while until I used a hint to figure out where I should have been looking. I can't remember, but I think I hadn't smashed something. I did manage to solve it before the game finished, but if you finished the game with one room unsolved, my guess is whatever was in it wasn't integral to the game (which surprises me, to be honest)!

[Post New]by joan7947st on Aug 23, 09 8:22 AM
HI THIS IS JOAN FROM YONKERS, TO CATCH THE FLIES YOU FIRST HAVE TO GET THE FISH NET TO FIND THE FISH NET GO THE WALK THROUGH. HERE IS HOW YOU GET THERE.

www.bigfishgames.com/blog/princess-isabella-a-witchs-curse-walkthrough

YOU WILL FIND ALL THE ANSWERES TO THE GAME LIKE I DID, THE PAGE WILL OPEN AND IT WILL BE BLANK BUT DON'T WORRY GO TO THE RIGHT OF THE SCREEN AND LOOK FOR THE GAME NAME CLICK ON IT AND THE WALK THROUGH WILL COME UP, YOU WILL SEE ALL THE ANSWERS FOR THE WHOLE GAME. HAVE FUN, I KNOW I DID IT'S ONE OF THE BEST GAMES I EVER PLAYED AND BELIVE ME I PURCHASED A LOT OF THE SEEK AND FIND GAMES.

JOAN FROM YONKERS

BIG4FUN
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by BIG4FUN on Aug 23, 09 11:27 AM
seawitch98 wrote:Help, lov this game but now Iam stuck, I cant find the dials for the date game in the grand hall, does anyone know where to get them? cant go any further without them, just keep going thru rooms and hallways that say "area clear".

Go to: