pfalcioni
Minnow
Minnow
287 Posts

Developer's Record on 2nd Bonus Level

[Post New]by pfalcioni on Sep 1, 15 11:03 AM
Ugh, I've tried following the walkthrough but am still at least 40 seconds too slow getting gold on this one.

Any tips or suggestions?

tatajojo
Lobster
Lobster
85 Posts

Re:Developer's Record on 2nd Bonus Level

[Post New]by tatajojo on Sep 3, 15 3:45 AM
I have got exactly the same problem on the "hard/difficult" mode ...sigh!

pfalcioni
Minnow
Minnow
287 Posts

[Post New]by pfalcioni on Sep 6, 15 3:47 PM
I'm still working on it! I'm so very close, within 30 points of the Developer's record, but no matter what I do, I'm still short.

Hopefully someone has made gold on this one and will help!

bowlmn
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by bowlmn on Sep 6, 15 11:04 PM
Not sure about developers record, but you can upgrade the house twice. With the prisoner, this will give you 5 workers. And you can still use the speed bonus.

Follow the guide for the most part. Build Demeters obelisk first, then the house once, then Hermes. Upgrade the workshop to lv 3, and the house to lv 4. Then the farm to level 4. you may only want to go lv 2. You need 20 wood near the end, and this takes away from that. Not sure it is worth lv 3 farm.

Hope this help to get gold. But not developers record. Not sure what the big deal is with all the developers records posts. You only need to beat 10 for the award.

Skrdykat
Minnow
Minnow
217 Posts

[Post New]by Skrdykat on Sep 15, 15 10:20 PM
Gah!!!!! I've played this one three gazillion times, usually trying it "By the Book" strategy guide but there is NEVER enough time near the end to get through all the crystals/holes/teeth, etc. I usually have all the supplies but never enough TIME, even with running faster, etc.

I'm going to try with bowlmn's tweaks and see how it goes.

NEVER remember this game ever being this hard....challenging, yes, but some of these levels are demonic! If you do one tiny thing wrong, you will never get gold.

And yes, I'm just trying to get gold. Already got the beat 10 developers award.

[Post New]by riceredbrown on Sep 17, 15 7:07 PM
I beat the Developer's Record by about 200 points, finally. Here's the basic rundown:
Upgrade house and first bridge at about the same time
Demeter's Obelisk
2nd bridge
upgrade workshop once
at about the same time, before you make it to the prisoner, upgrade house, farm, and build Hermes' Obelisk

Always click ahead, put priority on collecting gold and wood, and clear your way to a tooth quickly so you don't top out on the food collecting.

I almost always used the speed bonus, but I used extra resources a couple of times just because it was available. And I killed lots of birds, but would have beat it anyway.

Now I just need help on 3.1 and the Super Bonus level.

JB4510
Guppy
Guppy
199 Posts

[Post New]by JB4510 on Sep 26, 15 3:29 AM
riceredbrown wrote:

Now I just need help on 3.1 and the Super Bonus level.

same here. Wonder if we can get the Developers to give us a hint

Go to: