bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Jack of All Tribes here

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Sep 2, 15 10:08 AM
Hey there Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgBellerophon

neuvo
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Jack of All Tribes here

[Post New]by neuvo on Sep 7, 15 1:50 PM
I just upgraded to Windows 10 and now when I launch the game all I get is a black screen??? I can hear the audio track but not see any video. Any suggestions?

[Post New]by welly_boot on Sep 29, 15 2:51 PM
I have the same problem as Neuvo can any one help us please

[Post New]by sudalu47 on Nov 3, 15 8:41 AM
same problem
someone suggested alt+enter to open in a new window
but that did not seem to help me (i could not find any new open windows)

[Post New]by Kimmy31601 on Nov 27, 15 11:29 PM
Same issue as the ones above that haven't been answered... black screen, blue & gold cursor, nothing else. I just bought the game & can't even play it. All of my other BFG games working fine.

[Post New]by Kimmy31601 on Dec 10, 15 11:32 AM
I've sent several messages to the tech team about 2 games I bought that do not work, Jack of all tribes & Island tribe 2. I've done all the troubleshooting suggestions to no avail so I asked for the 2 game credits back so that I can get 2 more games that do work. I got ONE automated response after the first message telling me that I should hear something in 48 to 72 hours... that was almost 3 WEEKS ago &, after 3 more messages to them, I still haven't heard anything back from BFG & my account has not been credited. I don't know what else to do except insert this message in a few forums & hopefully get a response & my credits back but I'm sick of getting the run around & it's ridiculous that I should have to stoop to this to get a little customer service!

[Post New]by welly_boot on Jan 2, 16 1:59 PM
Hi
I don't know if this will help anyone else i just re-installed windows 10 and re installed jack of all tribes and it works fine now
My computer was telling me i had to do an update of windows 10 but really it just re-installed it i don't know if will help anyone else but worth a try
I now have playing to do!!!
good luck

[Post New]by Rewritten on Mar 31, 16 10:37 PM
Every other big fish game works on my computer but this one. just get a black screen. I have checked and all my drivers are updated. I won't be re-installing windows 10 just for this game.

No offense and I'm sorry this is bad to have this type of issue that so many people have. I hope it is something simple but I've also tried uninstalling the game and reinstalling it.. still ... black screen.

please advise.

Edited on 03/31/2016 at 10:38:10 PM PST

[Post New]by Myrrhs on May 8, 16 6:59 AM
I'm having the same issue on Windows 10. It worked fine on 8, I just installed JoaT on my new Windows 10 machine and I'm getting the black screen, blue and gold cursor. I knew Windows 10 was a bad idea. There is no compatibility tab when I click on the properties of the .exe. However, when I hit alt + enter it kicks the game to a tiny window, where the game seems to work fine there. Just nearly impossible to play because everything is so small.

Edited on 05/08/2016 at 7:09:25 AM PST

[Post New]by pegsjohnny2 on Aug 23, 16 12:34 PM
I am continually receiving "access denied" at level 7 of Jack of All Tribes.
I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times. (PC)

Is this correctable or is this a waste of my time. I like the game, but can no longer play past level 7.

Can you help?

Go to: