Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Myths of the World: The Whispering Marsh Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Sep 3, 15 12:34 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 09/03/2015 at 6:32:35 AM PST

Corie60
Herring
Herring
379 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Myths of the World: The Whispering Marsh Collector's Edition he

[Post New]by Corie60 on Sep 3, 15 5:33 AM
Boy, I hope I live long enough for this download
Corie (who always wants INSTANT gratification)

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Myths of the World: The Whispering Marsh Collector's Edition h

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Sep 3, 15 6:32 AM
Hey there Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgBellerophon

crispypot
Minnow
Minnow
272 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Myths of the World: The Whispering Marsh Collector's Edition h

[Post New]by crispypot on Sep 3, 15 8:07 AM
wont download for me sent out a load of corrupt files had to skndsk eek i`m trying one more time then will give up

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Sep 3, 15 8:15 AM
Hi Corie60 and crispypot,

I'm sorry to hear that there is some trouble getting this game to download on your computer. It may be helpful to look at the following help article:

Problems Downloading or Installation Failed

If you find that you are still having issues, or an error message appears, please reach out to our Technical Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report.

I hope this helps.

bfgBellerophon

[Post New]by luv_my_bagel on Sep 4, 15 1:57 PM
When in the cave was on the "runes" puzzle and clicking on the stone blocks when I mistakenly clicked too close to the bottom of the puzzle and it was going to exit the game but froze. Had to close with Task Manager, opened game again, was back in the cave and clicked on the rune stone and just had black screen. Closed with Task Manager again, tried to open game again and the screen where it shows that it's loading at the beg. of the game didn't show that it was loading and never had Continue button either. Had to close again with Task Manager and then came in here to post the issue. Doesn't seem like I'm going to be able to continue playing the demo.

cestqui
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

HOP game to receive wooden bird halcyon...

[Post New]by cestqui on Sep 4, 15 3:15 PM
Mac Os 10.10.1

The final item (button) needed was at the top of the screen. It was visible but clicking on it didn't select/count until the format was changed from full screen to windowed.

Edited on 09/04/2015 at 4:46:57 PM PST

ElderJen
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by ElderJen on Sep 9, 15 4:53 AM
I'm stuck at the bridge and am unable to pick up the flax bundle. The hints keep saying I guess I had better move on but nothing makes any difference. I have retraced my steps over and over and cannot move on. Does anyone else have this problem?

Sheilas2a
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by Sheilas2a on Sep 12, 15 1:31 PM
I went in to play the game today (I am half way through) and found that it hadn't saved. It now wants to set me up as a new player and start from the beginning again. Why so many issues with these games recently?

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Sep 13, 15 11:34 AM
Hi there,

I wanted to pop in here and address the recent posts in this thread.

luv_my_bagel, in regards to the freezing issue you are seeing, it may be helpful to look at the following help article for hints:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

cestqui, thank you for letting players know of the workaround on a Mac system. It is highly recommended to contact our Technical Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report if this issue persists. We definitely want to be able to look into this for all players.

Sheilas2a, I'm sorry to hear that the game isn't saving on your computer. It may be helpful to look at the following help article:

Game Not Saving

If you find that the issues are still appearing, please do not hesitate to contact our Technical Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report. They are always willing to help further troubleshoot.

I hope this helps.

bfgBellerophon

[Post New]by galerw on Sep 16, 15 6:47 PM
The game is great, but I have no souvenirs. I checked the walkthrough and where the walkthrough says there are souvenirs to collect, there are none. I can see the acorns to collect, but not the souvenirs. Tried uninstall/reinstall and still nothing. I am running windows 10.

Thank you for any assistance

[Post New]by amandac5 on Sep 25, 15 5:22 AM
I am on the bonus chapter and need to pick up the hand vice to continue, I can see it but am unable to pick it up, I cant go any further without this

[Post New]by Curacao on Oct 3, 15 1:21 AM
I'm at the picture where you just (?) have to slide 3 'buttons/knobs' in the right position. But I have some issues with my mouse that don't relate to BF and I cant 'slide' object. But I want to skip this part and I don't see the skip button.

gmaAlice
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by gmaAlice on Mar 7, 16 11:27 AM
Hi Curacao
Yours isn't a tech issue ... ... there are FOUR buttons to slide. Have you gone up into the attic? it's up there (other good stuff too...)
GramCracker

[Post New]by WearyWithToil on Apr 1, 16 6:40 AM
Windows 7

Stuck with the tassel reader - it seems to be a glitch. Third tassel, second panel won't turn over. Tried a few things and nothing seems to work. Guide states you simply need to arrange them in a particular way but I can't because of the one section that won't spin!

Any ideas?

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Myths of the World: The Whispering Marsh Collector's Edition

[Post New]by iamnotaguppy on Aug 6, 16 1:37 AM
Playing on iPad Air2. I'm on the Bonus chapter and just beat the swamp monster. I had to put it down for a bit- pushed the home button and let my iPad go to lock screen. When I came back to the game, it has me "talking" (actually, just looking at him, and he looking at me, with no option to do anything other than zoom in on him so we can look longingly into eachother's eyes) to the professor guy; I can go back into his study where I have the book that is still wrapped up and the egg on the ledge that needs opening. I cannot go to the gates. My "to do" list shows I've defeated the swamp monster and I have the empty slingshot and the flare-gun thing in my inventory. It will not let me progress.

Edited on 08/06/2016 at 1:40:33 AM PST

Sbazs
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by Sbazs on Aug 7, 16 8:56 PM
I'm in the exact same boat as iamnotaguppy!
Can't go any further or do anything!

Athenatoo
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Myths of the World: The Whispering Marsh Collector's Edition

[Post New]by Athenatoo on Oct 11, 16 7:30 PM
galerw wrote:The game is great, but I have no souvenirs. I checked the walkthrough and where the walkthrough says there are souvenirs to collect, there are none. I can see the acorns to collect, but not the souvenirs. Tried uninstall/reinstall and still nothing. I am running windows 10.

Thank you for any assistance

I don't know where you are in the game, but the souvenirs do not show
up till you complete both the game and the bonus game. This only happens if you have the Collector's Edition. If you do have the CE, then after you finish the bonus game, go to the extras--> souvenirs, and click anywhere on that screen and it will start taking you to all locations where souvenirs exist.

Athenatoo
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by Athenatoo on Oct 11, 16 7:31 PM
I completed the main game with no issues. Just started the Bonus game, got to the study, did all the tasks there, and tried to return to the street view, and it simply will not let me do that. The map shows the swamp as the next location, but I can't get there even using the map itself. Stuck.

Go to: