Water Turtle level Help

Water Turtle level Help

[Post New]by dawn1061 on Sep 6, 08 4:31 PM
I am on the 4th book 3rd chapter and can not get past the level can some one please help

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

Re:Water Turtle level Help

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Sep 6, 08 5:37 PM
I finally got past that level. You have to be *fast*. When it starts, make matches to move the water to the right in the upper section. You will still end up with a lot of rocks I'm sure (unless you are faster than I am), but between making large matches to remove rocks and the bomb powerup I was able to finish just before my time ran out.

Now.... I'm about to give up on level 64. Working as fast as I can, I can charge the bomb powerup, but it looks like i need both the bomb and the shovel, and I know I'll never move that fast. I just can't control my mouse well when the screen is scrolling.

jampony
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by jampony on Sep 7, 08 9:15 AM
I'm stuck on this level, also, but I'm giving up and uninstalling the game.

I've been reading here and on other sites that some people are complaining the game is too easy (they haven't gone beyond the free hour) but throughout the majority of the game, I thought it was just right. Now I'm stuck and I'm frustrated because I don't like games that rile me up; I play to relax. If the description of the game had even hinted at timed sequences, I wouldn't have purchased it. This isn't a game I'd recommend to any of my friends.

peutetre
Clownfish
Clownfish
883 Posts

[Post New]by peutetre on Sep 7, 08 10:22 AM
The game is mostly pretty easy and relaxing. Then you hit the last level and it's surprisingly hard . . . There are two levels where you just have to be really, really fast to get past a bunch of obstacles. Still, it can be done within a few tries and, thankfully, its easy enough to restart the level once you screw it up. My biggest complaint is that you can't get rid of the annoying fairy after you know what you're doing. Just takes too many clicks throughout the game to get rid of her, even after you tell her to go away and disable hints. . . Still, the animation and sound is great and there's something relaxing about watching the "energy" follow the paths.

kythuff167
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by kythuff167 on Sep 7, 08 8:54 PM
Do you try to move the "energy" across the top block before the arrows clear it out? Just can't get it done fast enough and not enough time to clear out the rocks. How do you get through it?

[Post New]by tinyelfmomma on Sep 7, 08 9:39 PM
I am totally stuck on the water turtle level. I have been trying to get past it for over two hours, and am just about ready to give up completely. I'm pretty quick, but not fast enough for this. Up to this point, I was really enjoying the game. Why did they have to make it so hard? Doesn't make any sense to me.

reejree
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

[Post New]by reejree on Sep 8, 08 4:25 AM
This level was hard for me also but I planted my feet firmly on the floor and after many restarts I finally got both the bomb and the shovel, I have to admit the more pieces you move to the right the better it is on the other side.
I watched the flow of energy and tried to stay ahead of it, three pieces here and there, finally got them both.
Don't give up theres a surprise once you pass the stones its easier and you may need your mouse a few times to finish the level, the reaction will surprise you. It had my heart pumping, but after the stones I drew a sigh of relief,
sat back and enjoyed the show.

Edited on 09/08/2008 at 4:28:07 AM PST

szim
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by szim on Sep 8, 08 5:09 AM
I was on my last level, got through the one that goes through all the arrors gives you time to work on the top, but could not get through the second part of it.

Did not have any power ups left to complete this last level. Without the power ups there is no end.

The flow is too fast and doesn't give you any time to complete the top before hitting the rocks. I kept going back to restart level, but without any power ups, couldn't do it.

I finally had to start at the beginning again. Hopefully I can remember to keep my powerups for the last level without having to use them till then.
Really frustrating!

Finished all the levels but that one and now have to start all over again.

reejree
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

[Post New]by reejree on Sep 8, 08 7:19 AM
Don't give up try to focus on the yellow and red tiles only if by chance you can get a few large quanities in great
for now just get the tiles you need try to make sure the energy flows around or near these tiles.
The timer seemed slower in this level, or maybe I was hyped-up!!

beckx020
Guppy
Guppy
185 Posts

[Post New]by beckx020 on Sep 8, 08 11:59 AM
I hate games that have this type of difficult thing at the end. Sours me on the whole game, even though I enjoyed it until then. If they are going to have something like this, they should allow us to turn off the timer.

[Post New]by demonpride on Sep 9, 08 12:30 AM
i started out likeing this game alot. seemed like a different take on match 3 style games.

but seriously im getting so sick of games like this benig based on random luck rather then skill.
what do i mean. i'll explain, the timer is not the problem the problem is forcing you to use powerups that are hard to come by.

a: because the drops are very random.
b: linking ot many tiles may blow up the more usefull ones.
c: being stuck in a square rom that has no relevance to the panal beside it besides it being a power up generator or to try and blow everything up beside the wall. to never get the tiles needed.

these style games have gone from fun to luck and its infuriating that they would not give us more control over small things such as.

the board moving ahead to quickly cause a certain tile was taken out and a timer that some ppl would wish to turn off so they can actually enjoy the game and take there time.

just my thoughts, bfg pls give the ppl what they are asking for instead of ways to make games more unpleasing and in the end no fun to play. cause i wont pay for something that isnt worth every penny.

libraangel
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by libraangel on Sep 10, 08 8:21 AM
I am stuck on turtle leval do you have to finsh the level before the wall of rocks? while the screen is scrolling?
Thanks

Smallhaven
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,220 Posts

[Post New]by Smallhaven on Sep 10, 08 9:08 AM
libraangel wrote:I am stuck on turtle leval do you have to finsh the level before the wall of rocks? while the screen is scrolling?
Thanks

You mean level 63?

You do need to match enough colors to get the water to flow as far to the right as possible. Forget about what is happening at the bottom with the shooting arrows.

Once you've gone as far right as possible and the boulders fall... you should be able to see where you can work from left to right in order t5o connect the two areas. You'll need the bomb followed by the shovel whole bunches in this level. And be sure to swap colors and reshuffle as needed. But you need to be fast on this level and try to think ahead of the game.

[Post New]by Beadzapped on May 1, 09 7:48 AM
I am stuck on turtle level 64. I keep restarting but am very fustrated.

[Post New]by Beadzapped on May 7, 09 11:05 AM
After giving up level 64 for several days. I sat down yesterday and on the third try got through and won the day and all the books of magic were restored.

trixie7533
Lobster
Lobster
92 Posts

[Post New]by trixie7533 on May 10, 09 5:05 PM
Like a lot of people on here Im stuck on level 63 and having read (and followed) peoples advice I wont be finishing this because I am just not quick enough. I play games (especially Match3) to relax and take my mind off the pain I am constantly in (wheelchair bound since 1995) and the time it gets me down is when I am unable to finish a game I love (such as this one) usually because of the timer (probably 95% of the time at least). Oh well time to use my token for this month........lol

[Post New]by Valeriana21 on Feb 2, 10 8:23 AM
Total annoying! I really enjoyed this game so far, but this is ridiculous!! Is any Bigfish developer reading this?? Remove the timer, so at least this level is finishable.

[Post New]by sadiejuniper on Mar 28, 10 6:42 PM
Don 't give up; just go away for a few days and come back. When you start again; move very quickly across the top and ignore the bottom, just keep moving to the right so the water flows across and gets ahead of the the stones. I was stuck on level 63 for what seemed like days and have now finished the game.

Edited on 03/28/2010 at 6:43:26 PM PST

[Post New]by veruca369 on May 21, 10 8:08 PM
This is awful. One of the 1st games I purchased from BF & now I am stuck on level 63. I have a digital mouse & it just doesn't move that fast. Despite what others have advised, I am giving up. Want my money back. Annoyed & discouraged from buying more games from this site.

Go to: