silvermist
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,160 Posts

Delightfully Different kind of game!!!

[Post New]by silvermist on Aug 22, 09 4:10 PM
I haven't purchased the 2 previous Blackwell games because the graphics didn't look like the graphics on most of the other games I'm used to playing. AND because there was not a trial.

So, when this game came up WITH a trial, I thought I'd try it....actually I only tried it because I read that this was the same developer that created Emerald City Confidential(one of my VERY favorite games.)

I tried it and I LOVE IT!!!!!

If you're tired of all the HOG's and find it impossible to do the fast paced TM games, you might want to try these games!!!

They really remind me of the old detective movies and shows of the 60's! The humor is delightfully sardonic, and I LOVE the fact that this game is also kind of like an interactive movie....You don't need to read all the text...you can actually relax while the characters actually speak!!!! Just like in Emerald City.

SOOOO what I did, after the first 10 minutes of play, was to go and purchase the previous 2 Blackwell games. I just finished the Blackwell Legacy(which I adored!!!) and have just started Blackwell Unbound!

On this new game....the graphics are really pixelated....I have only played a few minutes, but because the other games are so indepth, I don't even care......it's really the story that pulls you in.....LIKe reading a dectective novel(not even any pictures there!) and actually for the price, you can't purchase a novel for that anymore!!!

I am totally sold on these games now....I just wish I had known back when I was trying to come up with some games I didn't have for the Felix's treasures!!! I sooo would have gotten them!!!!

Thanks Wadjet!!!! I will be purchasing ANYTHING you put out from now on!!!!

This has just been a critique of the other games I've played....I haven't played this newest one all the way through....but I'm sure it will be just as good!!!!

Edited on 08/22/2009 at 6:00:14 PM PST

phoebe222
Herring
Herring
333 Posts

Re:Delightfully Different kind of game!!!

[Post New]by phoebe222 on Aug 22, 09 4:23 PM
I'm glad to see I'm not the only one crazy about Blackwell series!!! So happy you've enjoyed them this much silvermist.
Happy Gaming

[Post New]by TopazMystique on Aug 22, 09 4:41 PM
I love these games, too! I've only done the demos on all three games and all three are on my BUY NOW list (need a breather from the $2.99 specials ) along with Emerald City Confidential. Hopefully there will be another Felix Key Chain in the offing when these are added to my arsenal!

When I first started the demo on Legacy, I almost quit because of the pixelated graphics. But the story just pulled me in and although I would prefer graphics like Emerald City, I actually think the graphics work well with the stories! I especially like the "photos" of the people's faces while they are talking (if I remember correctly, Legacy & Convergence have that but Unbound does not).

I think more people would like the games if they gave them a try. There have been quite a few games that I never would have bought because I hated them when I first started playing (Blackwells, Koi Solitaire, HE: Everest come to mind). For games like those, it's best for me to quit and come back to try again. That's how I got hooked on many of them!

silvermist
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,160 Posts

[Post New]by silvermist on Aug 22, 09 6:05 PM
phoebe222 wrote:I'm glad to see I'm not the only one crazy about Blackwell series!!! So happy you've enjoyed them this much silvermist.
Happy Gaming

Yep phoebe, I'm hooked now....but I would have totally passed them by except that there was a trial for this newest one. I think that if more people would try them...they'd like them too....there are so many "same" kinds of games out there that this series is totally refreshing!!! Hope people give this one a chance....and then support the developer by purchasing all of them!!!!

I'd LOVE to see another game come out like Emerald City!!!!! Maybe Sleeping Beauty.....from the prince's point of view,,,,,or....well any kind of fairy-tale-ish story that we all know well...but told with that twist that this developer does so well!!!!

Akherousia
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by Akherousia on Aug 25, 09 3:50 PM
I am also a fan of the Blackwell series (even got a t-shirt with Joey <3), and it also started with ECC. So I will keep on following every WadjetEyeGames release.
however, i am aware that not all people are going to like these slow paces kind of games with old school graphics. here you mainly follow the plot rather than solving puzzles. I would say it is like watching an interactive movie and yes, i absolutely love it this way

Go to: