2cats4u
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

First timer needs Help!!!(please)

[Post New]by 2cats4u on Sep 3, 15 8:00 PM
This is the first time that I've played "MYTHS of the World". The problem I'm having is with collectables and souvenirs. According to the S.G. there's 2 collectables (or is it a souvenir) next to the carriage wheel and on the tree limb by the swamp. I've started over twice and still can't find them. Would someone please explain to me what (or how) I'm missing this, I'm SOOO Confused. I think the Lantern Man will get me! Thanks for the help and understanding, you Fishes are Great!!

bobhillman
Clownfish
Clownfish
688 Posts

Re:First timer needs Help!!!(please)

[Post New]by bobhillman on Sep 3, 15 8:15 PM
The collectibles are the acorns, which are in the main game, while the souvenirs are found after the game, in the Souvenir Room, in the Extras section(The Souvenir hunt is a one item per scene search).

Hope this helps.

9otters
Clownfish
Clownfish
860 Posts

[Post New]by 9otters on Sep 3, 15 8:19 PM
Hi, 2cats4u

You will find the "sign" collectible (really just an elaborate acorn) on the tree. If you find just ONE, anywhere in the game, you can save finding them all for later, if you choose.

Eipix ALWAYS has a collectibles game in the extras. No matter how many you find, or don't find, you can always go back after playing the main and bonus games, and collect the rest.

Finding them all usually unlocks another game or puzzle. Just guessing, at this point, but maybe it will unlock the "Lorebook" feature in the extras? I haven't gotten that far yet, so I cannot say for sure.

The Souvenir Room will become available after playing the main and bonus games too. It is another Eipix standard. You will be able to go back to each scene in the game and find a "souvenir". There will be a picture of the item you're looking for, usually in the lower right hand corner.

It may be out in the open and easy to spot...or it could be hidden. Not to worry. If you scroll the cursor across the scene, a hand will appear when you hit the hot spot. Click on it and the item you're looking for will appear.

Hope this helps. Have fun with the hunt.

9otters
Clownfish
Clownfish
860 Posts

[Post New]by 9otters on Sep 3, 15 8:21 PM
Lol, bobhillman! While I was composing, you were responding!

2cats4u
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by 2cats4u on Sep 3, 15 8:46 PM
Thank-you both for caring about sharing the fun of these games. It's good to know that there are honorable Fishes in the pond. I wish you both a sea of clean waters.

9otters
Clownfish
Clownfish
860 Posts

[Post New]by 9otters on Sep 3, 15 8:54 PM
What a lovely thank you, 2cats4u! You are MOST welcome.

bobhillman
Clownfish
Clownfish
688 Posts

[Post New]by bobhillman on Sep 3, 15 8:57 PM
You're welcome, 2cats4u! (Although I do think 9otters explained it somewhat better! )

9otters
Clownfish
Clownfish
860 Posts

[Post New]by 9otters on Sep 3, 15 9:18 PM
Imo, ALL help is helpful, bobhillman. I used to have to communicate for a living. I can get a bit "wordy", but it is a hard habit to break.

9otters
Clownfish
Clownfish
860 Posts

[Post New]by 9otters on Sep 4, 15 12:12 AM
Fyi...THIS time the pics for the souvenirs are in the lower LEFT hand corner of each scene.

2cats4u
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by 2cats4u on Sep 4, 15 9:51 PM
With all the WONDERFUL help I've received from the two of you, I'll be sad when this game is over. I have a bad habit of not finishing game (or I finish the game and don't play the bonus stuff!) This time I'll not only finish but I'll play the bonus, cuz you got my curiosity up!! What else would you expect from a cat!! Thanks again guys . My you keep swimming strong and helpful!!

Souveners

[Post New]by charliehenry on Sep 15, 15 12:50 PM
Finished the regular and bonus game and cannot get into the extras-keeps saying finish bonus game. Rather annoyed

dollyflower
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,373 Posts

[Post New]by dollyflower on Sep 20, 15 11:39 AM
Thanks to everyone for all the info! It's all a tremendous help. I still miss the Morphs being identified in the SG.

Go to: