Janice100
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

Feeling Really Brainless

[Post New]by Janice100 on Aug 23, 09 10:55 AM
I'm blushing as I write this, and do feel brainless--but I can't get the hang of this game. I've read the "Help" instructions, but when I try to switch the neighboring jewels they just switch places, but then go back to their original positions. I've tried a variety of clicking solutions, but obviously not the right one. The board itself has a function that is putting outlines around two jewels not matching in color, and I have no idea what that is about. Then, when I try to create my own line around jewels, nothing happens. Is this intuitive play for the rest of you and I'm missing some genetic make-up that would make this clearer?! Please help! And, explain in small words and great detail!

SublimeOne
Clownfish
Clownfish
795 Posts

Re:Feeling Really Brainless

[Post New]by SublimeOne on Aug 23, 09 8:40 PM
This is a basic matching game. The goal is to make 3 (or more) jewels of the same color in a row. You can match horizontally or vertically but not diagonally and not around a corner (like an L shape).

Basically if you have a line that has

ruby emerald ruby ruby

you would switch the ruby and the emerald. This would like up 3 rubies.

The goal of this particular game is to make matches over the gold squares. When you do, the gold goes away. Match them all and you move to the next level.

Along the way there will be bonuses (like a hammer to smash tiles you can't reach) and locked tiles that you have to match multiple times before you're done.

I hope this helps. Have you played any match 3 games before? If you have, let me know which ones and I'll be able to tell you which ones work like this one should.

Here's the other thing. I found this game really buggy. Screen flashes, stuttering, all sorts of nonsense. You may just have a corrupt game.

Good luck!

Oh, and welcome to the Pond!

[Post New]by GrandmaCrafty on Aug 23, 09 8:48 PM
God explanation, Sublime One! I was just going to reply when I saw your reply come up.

Mojave_Rain
Shark
Shark
10,693 Posts

[Post New]by Mojave_Rain on Aug 23, 09 8:51 PM
Wonderful explanation Sublime, and I'll add that the outline around two jewels that you're seeing Janice should just be a hint, using Sublime's description:

Ruby Emerald Ruby Ruby

should be trying to get you to switch the first ruby with the emerald therefore making three in a row. I keep saying *should* because as Sublime said the game itself could be broken

I keep trying to decide if I should buy it or hope that the second one will be offered on the daily deal, I do like both and this one does seem to work ok for me

Janice100
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by Janice100 on Aug 24, 09 9:44 AM
Thank you all so much! I'm going to try it with your advice later today.

SublimeOne
Clownfish
Clownfish
795 Posts

[Post New]by SublimeOne on Aug 24, 09 2:19 PM
Glad I could help.

I hope you enjoy the game. If you do, consider exploring other match3 games because there's a whole lot of wonderful games out there in this genre.

[Post New]by Neecie867 on Aug 31, 09 12:18 PM
Janice stated: "The board itself has a function that is putting outlines around two jewels not matching in color, and I have no idea what that is about."

The game is showing you gems that still need to be matched with others.

I love this game and find it relaxing.

Go to: