mpendo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,477 Posts

Has anyone noticed...?

[Post New]by mpendo on Sep 4, 15 7:44 AM
...that the counter for # of posts we have submitted no longer increases.

What are we - chopped liver?

It's a minor thing but I was hoping to progress to being a Narwhal (just kidding) someday, instead it looks like I will be stuck being a Clownfish forever.

Cheers on a happy Friday.

Bluex
Salmon
Salmon
2,792 Posts

Re:Has anyone noticed...?

[Post New]by Bluex on Sep 4, 15 8:08 AM
We will see , you should be turning into an Angel fish soon. I just turned into a Fugu last month. Its like anything else, the higher you get the more things needed to get to something else..I for one am looking more and more like that old bent up old geezer Koi with a cane. So its only apropos I get there soon.

mpendo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,477 Posts

[Post New]by mpendo on Sep 4, 15 9:30 AM
Yea but Blue it used to increase with every post. Now we have been stuck at the same # for months?

Let me go to a different forum and see if a post counts over there.

BRB

VeronikaG
Guppy
Guppy
133 Posts

[Post New]by VeronikaG on Sep 4, 15 9:42 AM
mpendo wrote:Yea but Blue it used to increase with every post. Now we have been stuck at the same # for months?

Let me go to a different forum and see if a post counts over there.

BRB

Well,in my case it still seems to count. If I continue like this, I'll soon be one of these wishy-washy blue things, which I'll be quite happy to leave behind me again. So I hope I won't get stuck there, or I better quit posting right away

VeronikaG
Guppy
Guppy
133 Posts

[Post New]by VeronikaG on Sep 4, 15 2:38 PM
Omygod, I already caught the blue Virus! ! All the other fishes have these nice dark outlines, only this one is really fishy and slimy, and so vague to boost... Can anyone tell me how many posts I need to get to the seahorse stage? (I'm already trying hard, as you can see ).

Mpendo, I'm not sure about you, but Blue's counter still seems to work, at least earlier today, it was something like 1436, and now 1439...

Bluex
Salmon
Salmon
2,792 Posts

[Post New]by Bluex on Sep 4, 15 2:50 PM
the counter works for sure. Mpendo is talking about the avatar.. Pendo if I recall mine changed about 800 or so I think. It went from the ignominious detritus eating Clown Fish (Amphiprioninae) to the above it all graceful Angel Fish (Pomacanthidae)...Either way Veronika might have us all beat soon at the rate she is going.. YOU GO GIRL! Go Vneka, go Vneka, go, go! Lord just wore myself up with that cabbage patch again. All Oddly's fault too, I've been cabbage patching for days now all my own. Wife suggested I put a pole near the puter the way I've been going on lately!

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Sep 4, 15 8:04 PM
Oh, sure blame Oddly! Go Blue, Go Blue <doing cabbage patch to amuse him>

I know too well the counter In here is working <eyeroll at self> May 1 I think I turned over to... oh I have to go look...

back.... yes, 2000 posts. No wonder I haven't gotten the countries done. It's all your fault, BLUE! Oh, and people that don't know how to search for threads.

Edited on 09/04/2015 at 8:06:58 PM PST

Bluex
Salmon
Salmon
2,792 Posts

[Post New]by Bluex on Sep 4, 15 8:15 PM
As soon as you do cabbage patch my wrists and neck start to move worser than Michael J Fox...I don't even need music. Go blue, go blue...I'd do a split on the floor too if it wasn't an EMS issue. Ouch just got popped by the missus' dish towel. You know what, what is the number for the old geezers abuse hotline!

mpendo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,477 Posts

[Post New]by mpendo on Sep 4, 15 8:35 PM
Look my friends I started this thread because my counter for none of us faithful posters has increased in my forum count for the past month,

Is it just me and my forum? What gives? Was I banned without being informed?

Yes I will do an official report on this but I'm not holding my breathe.

mpendo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,477 Posts

[Post New]by mpendo on Sep 4, 15 8:40 PM
Veronik - your input and points of view are refreshing. These folks are fabulous.

TTYL. Cheers

ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on Sep 4, 15 8:53 PM
Ok. I'm testing my counter. Mpendo, you mean your counter for posts right?

I'm at 1869.. I'll wait a few minutes and post again..

Edited on 09/04/2015 at 8:54:31 PM PST

ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on Sep 4, 15 8:59 PM
Well, my counter seems to be working. I don't normally pay attention to it.. looks like you'll have to report it, if you want to stop being a clownfish..

Btw, I show you at 782. Post something just to confirm again.

Edited on 09/04/2015 at 8:59:46 PM PST

mpendo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,477 Posts

[Post New]by mpendo on Sep 4, 15 9:00 PM
Besides, who really cares which fishie we are in forum? (On some abstract level I do care because I'm aspiring to someday graduating to having a narwhal icon ((just joking). I think Blue told me that would take 20000 posts)). OK, maybe not so grand but I just wish for recognition for every post I make.

It's our words and thoughts that matter. Now... if I could (I can, I can...) figure out what's wrong with my post counter.

Bluex
Salmon
Salmon
2,792 Posts

[Post New]by Bluex on Sep 4, 15 9:03 PM
MP! If you are talking about your post numbers they are increasing. When I last noticed your posts in this thread were at 780 now they are at 782. Now i know you are way up in the boonies in the 52nd state of Quebec, but hon y'all got math up there be it in Quebecois or not they add up. You talking number of posts or avatar? Either way don't go paranoid on us, I can't get up there fast to do an intervention. i got frequent flier miles up the gazoo with American but. I'd send Juan up there tout suite but he'd get side tracked in Montreal( done it before according to my western union receipt when he got into trouble)
Now you started the week off , lets not take it into the weekend where we cant get ya no help! Take a deep breath hon, aint no one coming to get cha. Numbers are moving up and all is okay unless you are a Syrian refugee, then we got more issues than can be resolved in this thread.

Bluex
Salmon
Salmon
2,792 Posts

[Post New]by Bluex on Sep 4, 15 9:05 PM
the dang thing works you are at 783 now with that banter. Vnika! Vnika!! we need an intervention here....Give her some Demorol or something, woman is hallucinating..

mpendo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,477 Posts

[Post New]by mpendo on Sep 4, 15 9:08 PM
Wait a minute CH you seemed to have triggered some cosmic force. My post counter did increase by 1 (after being stagnant at 782 for a very long time).

Now I need to go check everyone else's counters for the past month because yours were also not counting on my computer.

I sure appreciate you guys.

Need help - just ask -there is no such thing as a stupid question...

mpendo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,477 Posts

[Post New]by mpendo on Sep 4, 15 9:12 PM
Blue - I have avoid drugs all my life. No hallucinations here. But thanks for your help and your humour.

ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on Sep 4, 15 9:17 PM
Just so you know, that your counter changes on ALL your posts.. even ones from years ago... you whatever your count all your posts will show it as being that number.

For example, if I checked something I posted a week ago, my number would be 1869. Same as the post I'm posting right now.

Maybe that's why you thought it wasn't counting?? But, if you'd like to give me and my good ju-ju the credit.. I'll take it.

Bluex
Salmon
Salmon
2,792 Posts

[Post New]by Bluex on Sep 4, 15 9:19 PM
oh jesus! Mp you have avoided drugs all your life. Hon it did not work...Please seek them now! Ain't no one counters not working....Lord take me now!
MP.... every ones counters are working hon...try to put something on auction and see if that works.. I need me a whimsical pot for my DQ. put one up for an hour and see if that works.

mpendo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,477 Posts

[Post New]by mpendo on Sep 4, 15 9:56 PM
CH - thank you from the bottom of my heart. I did not realize they went back and rewrote history.

Blue - send Juan if he's in Montreal he's just an 1.5 hrs south. I will give directions (just kidding).

A big thank you to all who responded to this silly question of mine. I really didn't know what was up about the post counters. I guess I am making slow progress. Wish I were as funny as Blue or as kind as all the other good folks here.

Cheers - mpendo, aksanti and all my aka

Go to: