unknown error

[Post New]by jehlebean on Sep 4, 15 8:25 PM
hi I have never had a problem with royal envoy until a couple of weeks ago. now I get this error message unknown error. I have uninstalled and reinstalled with nothing changing. can someone help me plz ty

Re:unknown error

[Post New]by annaposh on Sep 8, 15 1:58 PM
Hi, Have the same problem on my comp. I have just installed windows 10; could it be the problem? On my laptop with windows vista it's working fine

[Post New]by buddabane on Sep 8, 15 5:45 PM
same problem. it also started after I installed windows 10

[Post New]by jehlebean on Sep 8, 15 6:06 PM
YES I JUST INSTALLED WINDOWS 10 WAS WINDOWS 8 SO WHAT SHOULD I DO ? TY

[Post New]by jehlebean on Sep 8, 15 8:25 PM
SORRY I HAVE TO TYPE IN CAPS NOT ANGREY AT ANYONE LOL TY

lil_chickadee
Minnow
Minnow
248 Posts

[Post New]by lil_chickadee on Sep 11, 15 2:37 AM
I asked tech support about this and got a canned "read the page where we say every game is compatible with Windows 10 and then make sure your drivers are up to date" answer. I sent them a Dr. Felix report and they evidently didn't even try to research my problem, just pooh-pooh'ed me. I replied to the email that I had already read the Win10 information, I had updated all my drivers, all other games older and newer played on my machine, just not the original Royal Envoy. I have both the standard and CE, I've re-installed both and neither one plays. I didn't even get the courtesy of a reply. It would have satisfied me to even get a "hm, that's strange...we'll do some research and see if it's just you" or a hint of what I might need to do to rectify this situation, given the info on the Dr. Felix. Guess I'll just have to go ask the developer about the issue, as it seems BFG's tech support department has evidently changed from the helpful, friendly people I was used to dealing with the last 8 years.

[Post New]by Tenafhum1 on Sep 16, 15 12:40 PM
Same here. It worked fine until I installed Windows 10 on a new computer. It did work with Windows 10 on my old computer though.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Sep 17, 15 1:44 PM
Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry to hear that players are having issues with this particular game running on Windows 10. It is highly recommended to contact our Technical Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report. They are always willing to help in any way that they can.

lil_chickadee, I apologize for the frustration this has caused. It looks like you received an automated response. By reply directly to that email, a representative will be with you as soon as possible to give you a more personalized reply. Thank you for your patience as we work hard to get a response to all the players.

Since this is regarding technical issues, we do ask that moving forward they be placed in the designated technical thread. I'll include a link below:

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Royal Envoy here

Thank you for your understanding as I will go ahead and lock this thread. Feel free to PM any of the moderators if you have any questions.

Thank you for your patience.

bfgBellerophon

Go to: