This Game Sucks

jscrafts
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

This Game Sucks

[Post New]by jscrafts on Aug 23, 09 3:55 PM
Used up 15 minutes of the game and it would never load. All I got was a black screen and the tinkling sounds but never got to play it at all. Have never had a problem like this with a game before except for one of the beta test games.

This is a no go game for me.
J.

kishimojun
Stingray
Stingray
4,534 Posts

Re:This Game Sucks

[Post New]by kishimojun on Aug 23, 09 3:58 PM
First, you're too kind.

Second, you didn't miss anything. A blank screen has more entertainment value.

jscrafts
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by jscrafts on Aug 23, 09 5:44 PM
Guess I could have sat there listening to the tinkling sounds for an hour. lol

[Post New]by LouiseHollaway on Aug 23, 09 6:53 PM
All I got was the loading bar half way and then nothing. I had to unplug my pc to enbla reboot.

trevally
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by trevally on Aug 23, 09 8:00 PM
downloaded this game twice to see if I could get the thing to work, but still no go. Have given up in exasperation, can't be bothered. Haven't had this problem before. Have had to turn my laptop off about 5 times just to reboot.

[Post New]by vastawufilis on Aug 23, 09 8:29 PM
Really you didn't miss anything -one of the worst games I've ever tried. You'd have to pay ME to get me to play any more of it.

havasulady
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by havasulady on Aug 23, 09 9:04 PM
trevally wrote:downloaded this game twice to see if I could get the thing to work, but still no go. Have given up in exasperation, can't be bothered. Haven't had this problem before. Have had to turn my laptop off about 5 times just to reboot.

Same here. When a game gives you this much of a problem from the get go...forget it!

2easy
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

[Post New]by 2easy on Aug 23, 09 10:30 PM
I grew a beard waiting for this game to load.......say no more .........deleted it!!!!

cherbando
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by cherbando on Aug 24, 09 3:21 AM
:thumbdown totaly agree! I am old, slow, and uncoordinated and even I finished this one in one day. Way too easy and it takes for ever to load. Save your money.

[Post New]by rajanny on Aug 24, 09 3:33 AM
I have the same problem. The help said I had to download the updates for my drivers. So I did, but no difference. To start the play is already so frustrating, I stop.

jamz2
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by jamz2 on Aug 24, 09 8:36 AM
I couldn't agree more! Even if you do get it to work (I did)
it sucks because they change your cursor to a knife, and it
never wants to work! I hate when games change my cursor!
WHY do they do that?? It always messes things up.
I wouldn't buy this game if it was the last HOG on earth lol
I got fed up after about 7 mins of clicking and stuff not going,
and hitting the hint, just to find out i was right to begin with!
Definately Uninstalled it

john_murray2
Guppy
Guppy
116 Posts

[Post New]by john_murray2 on Aug 24, 09 10:13 AM
It might be that you have cookies stored up in your system and it needs to be deleted to help it to go faster or your internet security protector is keeping it from loading.

[Post New]by PaganLadee66 on Aug 24, 09 10:50 AM
I had no problem loading it, however I was able to beat it within 45 minutes (glad for the free 1 hr trial) dont waste money buying the game if by chance you get past the 1st hour, it will be 5 minutes maybe til end of game

lisa4862
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by lisa4862 on Aug 24, 09 11:02 AM
There are definitely some bugs in this one. My version loaded with no problem but about 15 minutes into it, the hints stopped working! It took the hint away from me but never actually showed me where the object was hiding! Also, doesn't anyone ever proof read this stuff? It's so apparent that it has been badly translated from another language, the grammar is horrible, which I find very very annoying!

It's a no-go for me!

dashwood95
Minnow
Minnow
273 Posts

[Post New]by dashwood95 on Aug 24, 09 12:09 PM
Seems like every other day someone can't get a game to load, but in the grand scheme of things, 99% of the time I don't have trouble loading a game.

I must say for those that refuse to tread further, you missed nothing.

I beat the game (yes beat) in 45 minutes (with getting up for 5 minutes to attend to my nephew) and only met one puzzle I felt compelled to skip. The ending is so LAME. He proposes! Wow. He found the gold! Two screens and that's it. No fanfare. Course with this game I didn't expect it.

Anyone remember on NES/SNES how all the Mario games had these fairly elaborate winning sequences that made you feel it was worth your effort? I haven't found too many games here that do that.

lwjarvis
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by lwjarvis on Aug 24, 09 12:22 PM
I agree, I played the trial game then bought it and finish almost as soon as I had purchased it. The game didn't have enough levels

scarlet_11dy6
Flounder
Flounder
2,031 Posts

[Post New]by scarlet_11dy6 on Aug 24, 09 4:50 PM
kishimojun wrote:A blank screen has more entertainment value.

Valid!

lisa4862
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by lisa4862 on Aug 25, 09 1:26 PM
We also should have figured it out by how long it took to download this one. I'm used to it taking at least a few minutes to load up, this time, mere seconds...should have known it would suck!

[Post New]by LADDYBOEFJE on Aug 26, 09 12:57 AM
relic hunt is not playable, all black screen.
when you look very closely you can find the button: play, but than you cannot see anything.

[Post New]by thistlebee on Aug 27, 09 10:15 AM
Sucks? It doesn't even have that value. You are told to find 20 pieces of bamboo and they are all in plain sight, you click on them and they stay right where they are. You hit on the hint button and it makes a sound, but the arrows that pointed to items in the beginning has suddenly become invisible. Most irritating is the promise of "mind-boggling" games. My cat could solve these. NOT worth time to download. I want a refund on my time!

Go to: