phatkhat
Stingray
Stingray
5,001 Posts

New game: Frankenstein: The Dismembered Bride

[Post New]by phatkhat on Aug 23, 09 8:15 PM
In Frankenstein the Dismembered Bride, Brad's fiancee Janet has lost her head...and a few other vital parts. Help Brad find the pieces of the monstrous machine that will restore her in Frankenstein The Dismembered Bride!

This certainly sounds like a rather macabre HOG!! I'm DLing it to try, but DH is coming in tomorrow night, and I will have to fit in some housework. Dang! He wasn't supposed to come in until the weekend. I had my cleaning scheduled, but now have to squeeze it into the next 24 hours. Sigh. He's a clean freak, and I'm not, LOL. I'd much rather play games than obsess about a few dirty dishes...

There is also a LFA out, Chronicles of Mystery: The Scorpio Ritual. Looks very interesting, but I will for sure have to wait on that one! They do have a one hour demo to DL, though.

Oh, yeah, they are at the "Hotel". Maybe BFG will get them, too.

lilyr
Marlin
Marlin
8,137 Posts

Re:New game: Frankenstein: The Dismembered Bride

[Post New]by lilyr on Aug 23, 09 8:30 PM
Is this Brad and Janet from Rocky Horror or am I not remembering their names?

phatkhat
Stingray
Stingray
5,001 Posts

[Post New]by phatkhat on Aug 23, 09 8:42 PM
It must be, because I gathered from the blurb that this is a sequel. I didn't play the other, was it good?

guylee1
Marlin
Marlin
8,309 Posts

[Post New]by guylee1 on Aug 23, 09 8:46 PM
I beata this and lasted 15 minutes....bottom of the barrel...

purplehaze72
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,258 Posts

[Post New]by purplehaze72 on Aug 23, 09 8:50 PM
i just tried this game, lasted maybe ten min. and quit, the objects waayy to small, had to use hints for most items asked for. not for me!

gringojoy
Catfish
Catfish
1,739 Posts

[Post New]by gringojoy on Aug 23, 09 8:52 PM
What site did you find that on?

purplehaze72
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,258 Posts

[Post New]by purplehaze72 on Aug 23, 09 8:54 PM
gringo i pm'd you with the name

Rocknchick
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,042 Posts

[Post New]by Rocknchick on Aug 23, 09 9:19 PM
Could someone PM with the site info? Thanks!

Edited on 08/23/2009 at 9:45:29 PM PST

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Aug 23, 09 9:23 PM
I too only lasted 10 miniutes if that. I found the controls of this game just awful so I did not go any futher.

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Aug 23, 09 9:42 PM
Since I don't have another new hog to play right now....finished Princess Isabella and I really enjoyed it...I did get this one. Played long enough to know it won't be a fave but will stay on the shelf for a couple of days. Gonna try Seattle and the Moxie Tabloid one. That scorpion mystery one sounded interesting but since it is a LF game, I will not even try it right now. Will wait til there is absolutely nothing else around.

[Post New]by Cuddlefish on Aug 23, 09 10:14 PM
Actually it has an interesting plot, I thought. However reallllllllllllllllllllllly dark and really tine items that bare little resemblence to the article. Great idea though.

Cuddle

Mojave_Rain
Shark
Shark
10,693 Posts

[Post New]by Mojave_Rain on Aug 23, 09 10:30 PM
lilyr wrote:Is this Brad and Janet from Rocky Horror or am I not remembering their names?

You're remembering right, eager to find out if there are any other RHPS refs in the game lol that alone could make a sale for me, HOG or not!

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Aug 24, 09 12:01 AM
You are sure right about dark, and some items are extremely hard to find...good thing there are hints, lol. This is the kind of game I can't play all night long. An hour or so and I am done for a bit. It is tiring to keep trying to find those truly obscure items. But I like the concept and the eerieness, lol.

phatkhat
Stingray
Stingray
5,001 Posts

[Post New]by phatkhat on Aug 24, 09 1:00 AM
I played until the demo was up, and I thought it was kind of fun. Lots of tongue-in-cheek humor, a bit of the macabre, and eerie atmosphere. The scenes are quite good, but, yes, some of the items are small. I didn't have as much trouble with that as with the names of some of the items. Only trouble with differences in British and US English, LOL. In the hour, I found most of the body parts, so guess it is not a dreadfully long game. Still, it is in the maybe file. Or I will wait until it shows up in "steals and deals"...

DLd the Scorpio one, too, but will wait to play it. Took about 90 minutes to DL on my 2M cable.

Edited on 08/24/2009 at 1:01:28 AM PST

Vaugh
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,254 Posts

[Post New]by Vaugh on Aug 24, 09 5:13 AM
Could you PM me too. I would like to know where to find the demo's for these games.
Thank you.

LogieBaby
Clownfish
Clownfish
603 Posts

[Post New]by LogieBaby on Aug 24, 09 7:32 AM
This will be another polarizing game as some will love it while others will detest it.
I did most of the demo and found the game fascinating on many fronts.
Graphics are topnotch, the story line is hip, witty and irreverent albeit grim ( HEY!!
we are after all searching for body parts!!) I find the darker games to be among the best and a lot of HOGgers agree. Just look at the popularity of RTR, Madame Fate, Sleepy Hollow to name a few. The snappy dialogue is cool. e.g. when I found a human leg , Brad, the protagonist in the story comments on how it is hairy.
Some will find that certain objects are very small and too hard to find. Expert HOGgers shouldn't be too upset with this as some games are meant to be challenging. I do realize some players have eyesight problems. I need glasses to read and use the computer but I do have a 22" monitor that makes seeing things easier. When a hint is needed, the hint button powers up every 10 seconds. The game has no timer and no scoring either. Other than the objective in the game of finding the body parts and reassembling the fiancee, at first blush I feel the replay value will be high since there are so many objects in each scene. At the very least I urge HOGophiles to demo this game.

LogieBaby
Clownfish
Clownfish
603 Posts

[Post New]by LogieBaby on Aug 24, 09 10:09 AM
In finishing the demo of this game, I discovered something that might assist those who feel some objects are too tiny. In the lower left hand corner of the screen is a magnifying glass. NOt only can you increase the size of the area viewed but you can also scroll the screen just by mouse movement. This should be a nice assist for the more limited vision fish. THe Dismembered Bride gets a big thumbs up from
Logie.

purplehaze72
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,258 Posts

[Post New]by purplehaze72 on Aug 24, 09 10:14 AM
LogieBaby wrote:In finishing the demo of this game, I discovered something that might assist those who feel some objects are too tiny. In the lower left hand corner of the screen is a magnifying glass. NOt only can you increase the size of the area viewed but you can also scroll the screen just by mouse movement. This should be a nice assist for the more limited vision fish. THe Dismembered Bride gets a big thumbs up from
Logie.

Thanks logiebaby, I will have to try that. Maybe that will make the difference in my opinion of the game.

WinonaCook
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,870 Posts

[Post New]by WinonaCook on Aug 24, 09 6:42 PM
Even with the scrolling and the magnifying glass some of these scenes were very hard. Even with the hints I couldn't see what they were asking for. They were very tiny and hard to find. Looking for bottles of white wine was impossible. All the bottles looked the same to me. I am obviously not a wine connoisseur ( yep, had to look up the spelling on that one). Needless to say I will not try this one again.

Winona

LogieBaby
Clownfish
Clownfish
603 Posts

[Post New]by LogieBaby on Aug 24, 09 7:16 PM
WinonaCook wrote:Even with the scrolling and the magnifying glass some of these scenes were very hard. Even with the hints I couldn't see what they were asking for. They were very tiny and hard to find. Looking for bottles of white wine was impossible. All the bottles looked the same to me. I am obviously not a wine connoisseur ( yep, had to look up the spelling on that one). Needless to say I will not try this one again.

Winona

the wine bottles got easy once I realized they all had white tops with red dots in the middle of them.

Go to: