Re:ATTENTION DEVS... Concerning Up-Date 1/20/2016

[Post New]by Bobbyboy50 on Jan 28, 16 6:03 PM
This update is very disappointing. So question? On the daily tasks how are low level players suppose to do requested zoom zones when you Devs have taken away the HOS items down to a minimum? Put the shards with collecting the 5 flowers, take away the coins as a replacement for the HOS items. Make the game enjoyable again.

Diane8722
Herring
Herring
339 Posts

[Post New]by Diane8722 on Jan 28, 16 6:05 PM
And I second everything that Annelliegram just said (in both posts!)

ET to add I am level 53 and level 12 player!

Edited on 01/28/2016 at 6:05:50 PM PST

wishtar
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
446 Posts

[Post New]by wishtar on Jan 28, 16 6:27 PM
Utterly shocking that the DQ find not working is news? When I first read that I thought it must have been a mistake but now seeing it has been repeatedly confirmed, HMM.

This is not a confidence booster in how, or if, our information is being screened and/or communicated accurately to the EG developers.

What we thought was a forum dedicated to free speech among players and an opportunity to communicate our ideas to the developers via the moderators turns out, alas, to be a vehicle to corral our information, opinions, frustration and praises into a business model that can be handled in the most cost efficient way. This is to be expected and is understandable as this is a business. Believe me, I am an efficiency expert, it's what I love to do. Streamline processes, but in this case the efforts to streamline communications were actively shut down.

This is so disappointing. Perhaps our best vehicle to communicate would be directly to EG?

Believe me. I have been helped by BF customer service in the past. Bryant should get a gold medal in my book!! He got me my lost pink gift boxes back prior to the Christmas event ending.
Bottom line is the HOS drops need to be restores, A large number of original plaers are leaving in droves after playing for 2 years.
eta fix a spelling error.

Edited on 01/28/2016 at 6:30:10 PM PST

shawoochi
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by shawoochi on Jan 28, 16 6:59 PM
The update is not at all enjoyable. Please fix it back to the way it was before. I was a daily player, but now I only get on for a little while to pick up gifts and give them if they ask for something that is not rapidly becoming extinct.

ajtho1
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by ajtho1 on Jan 28, 16 7:18 PM
wishtar wrote:Utterly shocking that the DQ find not working is news? When I first read that I thought it must have been a mistake but now seeing it has been repeatedly confirmed, HMM.

This is not a confidence booster in how, or if, our information is being screened and/or communicated accurately to the EG developers.

What we thought was a forum dedicated to free speech among players and an opportunity to communicate our ideas to the developers via the moderators turns out, alas, to be a vehicle to corral our information, opinions, frustration and praises into a business model that can be handled in the most cost efficient way. This is to be expected and is understandable as this is a business. Believe me, I am an efficiency expert, it's what I love to do. Streamline processes, but in this case the efforts to streamline communications were actively shut down.

This is so disappointing. Perhaps our best vehicle to communicate would be directly to EG?

Believe me. I have been helped by BF customer service in the past. Bryant should get a gold medal in my book!! He got me my lost pink gift boxes back prior to the Christmas event ending.
Bottom line is the HOS drops need to be restores, A large number of original plaers are leaving in droves after playing for 2 years.
eta fix a spelling error.

As for the 'Find' button not 'working' for Daily Quests, I had always believed it was not meant to be a guarantee that playing the relevant HOS would get you the item needed. It's always worked for main quests for me but now I see people mentioning this too (as well as one of the mods) as a problem, so perhaps my interpretation was mistaken?

I have written directly to EG, and they responded in a matter of hours saying my email would be forwarded to the developers. I highly recommend you do the same, as the more people they hear from, the more likely it is that we get the change we are seeking.

Agreed about Bryant; when I complained to BFG about this update, he responded and he was great. Pretty sure he's also responded to other issues I've had in the past and he's always been very helpful.

[Post New]by jfaggiole on Jan 28, 16 7:23 PM
wishtar wrote:This is the petition post copied here

This is a SIGNATURE ONLY post to get HOS scenes to return to dropping HOS items instead of coins or shards.

If you have an opinion about the conversation, POST IN ONE OF THE OTHER THREADS.

DO NOT POST ON THIS THREAD IF YOU WANT THE DROP RATE TO STAY!!!!

To the mods, PLEASE allow folks the opportunity to sign and do not lock.
Post created so players can and add ditto or thumbs up without adding a comment.

This is a ONE ISSUE ONLY petition.

To players: If you need further information please see other threads regarding the update.
SIGNATURE SHOULD BE YOUR GAME NAME AND LEVEL if you want to add your id#, feel free and even better!

wishtar
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
406 Posts

Re etition: Return HOS item drop (see other threads for expl)

[Post New]by wishtar on Jan 26, 16 7:16 PM
Eliana Level 69
ETA 50978

Edited on 01/26/2016 at 7:25:41 PM PST

General_hobojoe
Catfish
Catfish
1,684 Posts

[Post New]by General_hobojoe on Jan 26, 16 7:17 PM
Aye.....aye.....**D@NgeR** cheers....436974...lvl six nine....out

Edited on 01/26/2016 at 7:36:40 PM PST

mzreba
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

[Post New]by mzreba on Jan 26, 16 7:25 PM
MsReba Level 69
ID # 451286

Edited on 01/26/2016 at 7:28:23 PM PST

Bedazzles
Clownfish
Clownfish
540 Posts

[Post New]by Bedazzles on Jan 26, 16 7:37 PM
Bedazzle.....Level 69...

gohill
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,446 Posts

[Post New]by gohill on Jan 26, 16 7:40 PM
Fuzzy ... level 59
g-bear... level 17
Mr. Bo Jangles.... level 17

Edited on 01/26/2016 at 9:55:30 PM PST

pancakey
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by pancakey on Jan 26, 16 7:40 PM
pancakes

Edited on 01/26/2016 at 7:41:18 PM PST

Tzeitel99
Herring
Herring
350 Posts

[Post New]by Tzeitel99 on Jan 26, 16 7:52 PM
Bonnie 502965 Level 35 <who did not update yet to the lack of drops>

MonkeyCheese
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by MonkeyCheese on Jan 26, 16 7:52 PM
MonkeyCheese level 69

truckinglgb
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
7 Posts

Re etition: Return HOS ite

wishtar
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
446 Posts

[Post New]by wishtar on Jan 28, 16 7:44 PM
people on facebook are asking how to sign petition,. can someone help a sister out and redirect them to this page? help me please. love to all

MaryM1980
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by MaryM1980 on Jan 28, 16 8:08 PM
If so we have been saying that the "Find" button does not work for Daily Quests since they were added to the game!!!! Lets see for at least a year and a half if memory serves me correctly. This isnt anything new...so I am curious as to why they just now feel it is an issue???? Did they intend to have them fixed to work prior to this update and it just didnt work....did they figure out what we have all been complaining about that they are now impossible to do? It wouldnt have taken a rocket scientist to figure that out knowing that the "Find" button never worked for DQ. Many of us had very loud voices back then and we were completely ignored about it...perhaps if they had listened back then players would not have continued to do round after round to build inventory on the fear of not having anything to be able to play DQ??

I was one of those people in a very positive thread about suggestions that the Devs can change. Funny that not one of those things I mentioned or anyone else has mentioned that I have seen has EVER been done.

On another note I too have sent a complaint email to Elephant games telling them how unhappy I and many of us are with this change. I will update when I get a response.

Kikid45
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by Kikid45 on Jan 28, 16 9:00 PM
Referring to what is being said about this being a FREE game. No games are absolutely free. Most will use advertisements to be able to provide and run the game. Some will do that plus give opportunity for in-game purchases. Most are never updated, improved or added to.

MC is the only game I have played where I feel the provider goes above and beyond to not only provide a nice gaming experience, but also continues to add content, story lines, seasonal fun, etc. BFG obviously puts in a lot of resources to keep updating, improving, and fixing. I have made one in-game purchase for gems. The cost to them is high, no doubt.

I, like most of you, am disappointed with the change with what drops after hos...even signed the evil petition. Similar to when gifts stopped dropping when we were given a place to give them away. Many people posted their dismay and ultimately the problem was fixed, as have many other issues. I know from my experience with this game that this too will be handled. Personally I would like the ratio of 75% items, 25% coins/shards at most.

I am grateful to the moderators for trying to calm the storm in the forum. But even that is being ridiculed and picked apart. I hope patience will rule. Take a deep breath in and slowly exhale

wishtar
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
446 Posts

[Post New]by wishtar on Jan 28, 16 9:23 PM
"the evil petition" really? i am far to tired to get into it but the petition was anything but "evil" what a word to toss around so lightly with no regard to your fellow players.

Wow, stunned at your inability to not see this through. Perhaps you should read through all the posts and then repost your opinion.

This is a positive post dedicated to furthering the game in a positive direction!

ajtho1
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by ajtho1 on Jan 28, 16 9:28 PM
wishtar wrote:"the evil petition" really? i am far to tired to get into it but the petition was anything but "evil" what a word to toss around so lightly with no regard to your fellow players.

Wow, stunned at your inability to not see this through. Perhaps you should read through all the posts and then repost your opinion.

This is a positive post dedicated to furthering the game in a positive direction!

I am pretty sure that describing the petition as 'evil' was intentionally facetious and referred to the fact that the petition thread is now locked....

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Jan 28, 16 9:33 PM
Kikid45 has some very valid points about most free games....they are riddled with advertisements. It was very refreshing to find MC because it DOES NOT have all those annoying pop-ups...

And, while we frequently disagree.....please play nice, people, so this (our only advocate thread) will not get locked.

Kikid45
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by Kikid45 on Jan 28, 16 9:49 PM
Yes...it was a facetious comment. Sorry for misuse of punctuation. Have read most posts.

susielee
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by susielee on Jan 28, 16 10:23 PM
I guess I'm as far as I can go in level 69......the Gate Keeper won't talk to me. I'm not interested in crafting any pets. So, I'm not going to use anymore inventory getting blue keys or going through HOS just for 15 coins and an air ship object. SO.....I've been faithfully playing this game for over a year now and now it's going on the bottom of the pile until it becomes fun again. If the developers decide to change it for the better, I'll be back........if NOT......then I'm clicking the delete button.
It's been fun.......but not now. Maybe eventualyy it will be again.

Bethany68
Guppy
Guppy
198 Posts

[Post New]by Bethany68 on Jan 28, 16 11:12 PM
Kikid45 wrote:Yes...it was a facetious comment. Sorry for misuse of punctuation. Have read most posts.

It was obviously a facetious comment........or else you wouldn't have signed the petition if you really thought it was "evil".
Thanks for helping out!

~ Bethany ~

NoFishToday
Salmon
Salmon
2,712 Posts

[Post New]by NoFishToday on Jan 28, 16 11:22 PM
Today marks one week since the update, and sadly I still can't wrap my head around it. My friends have all sorts of disconcerting messages on their avatars..."Closing Game", "Closing Soon", "Unable to Gift", "Low Inventory", "Please Stay", and worst of all "Delete Me" from a veteran player. So, Mods and Devs, just wanted to weigh in after one sad week. I'm still here, but my heart is not in it.

miner
Herring
Herring
313 Posts

[Post New]by miner on Jan 28, 16 11:31 PM
Sorry you feel that way
Level 69 also, the new pets are extremely rewarding. Collecting the blue keys is for the future of the game, and I think the Dev' are giving us a heads up that the next update is expensive as we have been asking for more levels in an update.
The player on levels 45-50 & 53-60 need lots of coins for new areas to open more than items.
I have been tracking items not dropped and they are only worth 15 coins anyway, so you haven't really lost anything.
My inventory for 25 -30 items has increased, for 15 coins has not, but stable.
I never liked the round after round but with the new character quests it's more fun plus new inventory again for the future

[Post New]by Cynproc on Jan 28, 16 11:33 PM
I thought I'd give it another try, hoping maybe I'd get more objects...but I got pissed every time I got a shard or coins and I got them a lot.
It used to be fun, now just frustrating.

The update just sucks.

kitty4545
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by kitty4545 on Jan 29, 16 2:36 AM
Devs,
People are now leaving.
Would it not be courteous to give some feedback so players can make an informed decision?

Fishkins
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

[Post New]by Fishkins on Jan 29, 16 3:38 AM
Hi all!

I stopped playing a week ago after removing my wishlist and appending "Gone 4 Now" to my character's name on a Level 32 game.

Dropped in on the forum to see where things stand. Good to see the Mods are active and will keep fingers crossed that the game will be more playable in the near future.

Go to: