Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Mystery Trackers: Winterpoint Tragedy here

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Sep 6, 15 12:33 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 09/06/2015 at 6:04:25 AM PST

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Mystery Trackers: Winterpoint Tragedy here

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Sep 6, 15 6:04 AM
Hey there Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgBellerophon

Linda_S_55
Minnow
Minnow
236 Posts

[Post New]by Linda_S_55 on Sep 6, 15 6:56 AM
There's still a slow and dragging cursor with this game as with the CE. No buy here. I didn't play long enough to see if the TDR message came up, but if one problem still exists, I imagine the same will be true with all problems.

Linda.

Fifiluna614
Guppy
Guppy
128 Posts

[Post New]by Fifiluna614 on Sep 6, 15 12:46 PM
Uh oh. I really wanted to buy this game because it looks interesting and I have all the other games in the Mystey Trackers series. However, the screen freezes when I change scenes, often as long as 15 seconds. It makes me feel as if the entire game will crash at any moment. It even took a full 30 seconds to exit to the menu!

Sorry, I just can't take the chance so I won't be buying this game.

[Post New]by pam72149cunningh on Sep 6, 15 1:42 PM
I bought this game, it played perfectly during the demo, then in the Cave at the transport puzzle it shut down completely twice! I went back into the game a third time and skipped that puzzle, talked to the Alaskan and it shut down again this time telling me my game was corrupted.

[Post New]by mlcorsaro on Sep 6, 15 6:42 PM
I need the update for this game. I'm on a MacBook Air running OS X Yosemite 10.10.5. I can't return to the room in Northport to send Elf in for the knife button. Where do I go to get the update?

[Post New]by organistdm on Sep 6, 15 7:30 PM
I am stuck with Elf in the Hidden Object Game in the Well in the Cave. Hint cursor isn't refilling and I have to find the spoke. I've clicked on pretty much everything down there. The game isn't locked up, I can back out and go back down - hint still isn't refilling.

Thanks!

Never mind - went back in again and all is good! Love the Mystery Trackers series!

Edited on 09/06/2015 at 7:32:13 PM PST

schuldi
Guppy
Guppy
192 Posts

[Post New]by schuldi on Sep 7, 15 5:07 AM
I downloaded it and had problems just getting in and also when I tried to get out. Had the same problem uninstalling it. Had to eventually shut the computer off to get out and uninstall thru programs and features. Too bad, it looked good.

[Post New]by granbuff on Sep 15, 15 1:03 PM
bought the game and now can't start it. It keeps saying I have to have a security key to get in... what's the deal?

[Post New]by sharonpete on Sep 25, 15 4:03 AM
I have tried to download this game a couple of times but it sets off my antivirus. It says that it may contain virus, or spyware. Has anyone else had any problems with this.

[Post New]by sugarbabies on Sep 28, 15 7:55 AM
what kind of results are there for a purchased game that cant be played because the game quits unexpectedly can I get a replacement coupon for another game?

[Post New]by grandmainfl on Oct 2, 15 11:38 AM
Game ab ends with a blue screen of death and the error "Video TDR Failure". It did it in the cave scene first. I uninstalled and reinstalled, but lost all my progress as starting the game gave the message that my profile was corrupt. I played the game from the start again, and got through the cave scene, but then it ab ended again a little later on. Same resolution of uninstall and reinstall and corrupt profile. Now when I try to start the game it will not even open.

I am in Windows 10 and have most updated video drivers. This is the only game I have issues with and I have been playing these games for years.

Go to: