Can go to targets Black Wings or Vermin

[Post New]by SDuser on Sep 7, 15 7:35 AM
I'm on level 14 (almost 15), have repaired everything, but can't for some reason go to targets Black Wings or Vermin. Any one else have this problem. When I pick on the go to target button nothing happens.

Re:Can go to targets Black Wings or Vermin

[Post New]by BarbaraFish on Sep 7, 15 2:00 PM
I'm at the same level, but haven't encountered Black Wings or Vermin. Where are you finding them?

I'm looking for a place where I can get the Chest of Stone Winds. It gives coal to enter the forge. I don't want to buy the coal each time I enter.

[Post New]by phoenixx on Sep 8, 15 5:07 AM
I'm on level 20 and a still can't go to the targets. HELP

[Post New]by BarbaraFish on Sep 8, 15 3:16 PM
Where are these things?

[Post New]by gypsygirl1072 on Sep 8, 15 7:14 PM
[quotI am on level 24 but also cannot go on target with Vermin and Black Wings

e=phoenixx]I'm on level 20 and a still can't go to the targets. HELP

Sorted the golem though

[Post New]by BarbaraFish on Sep 8, 15 7:43 PM
What did you do to get past the golem?

Tarba
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

[Post New]by Tarba on Sep 19, 15 11:11 AM
HI there: Same deal: I am at level 15 and can't access Dark Wings or Vermin. All else seems to be working fine. I am using Windows 10 on my PC with no issues otherwise. Any secret to getting to work with those characters? It clicks but does not actually go anywhere and the two raven icons remain on left of screen.

Edited on 09/19/2015 at 11:11:19 AM PST

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Sep 19, 15 5:17 PM
Tarba wrote:HI there: Same deal: I am at level 15 and can't access Dark Wings or Vermin. All else seems to be working fine. I am using Windows 10 on my PC with no issues otherwise. Any secret to getting to work with those characters? It clicks but does not actually go anywhere and the two raven icons remain on left of screen.

I don't know if I'm going to be much help here, but I'll try.

First, I'm confused... What are Vermin? You mean Ratlings? Sorry, but I'm on level 27 and don't remember having to fight Vermin for any quest, and while I have plenty of enemies wandering around on the screen, I've clicked on all of them and none of them are called Vermin.

For the Dark Wings, do you have the whistles needed to defeat them? Have you been to the Farm, the Menagerie, or the Dwarven Mines to collect the whistles? I've never bought weapons, just earned them, so maybe you have to have the needed weapon, before you can fight them. That's just a possibility, though. It's possible that you and the others have found a game glitch of some sort, especially since you're all stuck on the same enemies.

I assume you've already tried to just click on the Dark Wings that are flying around on the screen and can't fight them that way, either?

Tarba
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

[Post New]by Tarba on Sep 20, 15 6:25 PM
Nope; it clearly says 'vermin' and 'dark wings'. Both show up as raven icons to the left where tasks are posted. They are both connected to characters and have 'to target' buttons. When you click the buttons, nothing happens. I have all the weapons that (supposedly) defeat them, but no joy on actually getting a chance to use them. I have been to farm and menagerie but not at mines yet.

And no dark wings flying around at all; I think we have a glitch. I think, if we COULD click on the button, it might trigger that. Thanks for the thoughts though!

T

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Sep 20, 15 7:16 PM
Yeah, it's sounding more and more like a glitch. I think everyone who had this issue should contact BFG Customer Support. Maybe they can get the developers to release an updated version that fixes that problem. Other than starting over, I don't have any advice for you. Sorry.

[Post New]by 71sport on Sep 22, 15 7:46 PM
I am at level 34 and cant get dark wings or vermin tasks. I cant get dwarf cavern area to open either. help!!!!!

ztd98
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by ztd98 on Sep 28, 15 5:42 PM
I restarted the game and found all that was missing. The Black wings should show up when they ask for them. They are big black birds that fly around the foot paths. Also I can now get to the caves. The game is much better when it's going right.

[Post New]by Cheri6 on Oct 6, 15 6:07 PM
I am at this point to and am at level 25 cannot get either Black wings or Vermin to do any thing when I press the to target button I do not want to restart from the beginning hoping there is something I am missing or not doing right. I have all the weapons to fight them but there are no birds flying around to fight. HELP!!

[Post New]by frodo12 on Nov 6, 15 1:05 PM
I FINALLY got everything working! What it took:
I’m running Windows 10. I did NOT unload and reload the game. Instead, I restarted my PC, and created a NEW player. Starting over, everything worked. There are a few ‘keys’ to successful execution:
1) Complete EVERY challenge in sequence as they pop up on the upper left screen.
2) ALWAYS go to the challenge box and click ‘support player’ (or whatever the button is) to attack the appropriate creature or jump to solve the clues in the appropriate area. This is the way it seems things MUST be done to get credit for each creature or obstacle you overcome.
3) As you advance, for some of the collection pieces you must play the area multiple times for the desired item to drop.

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Nov 7, 15 10:56 PM
Interesting, Frodo12. That's good advice to try for anyone that is having problems.

I wonder if it's a Windows 10 thing? I'm playing on Windows 8.1 and I didn't have the issues that others seem to have. I didn't always do things in order either, though sometimes you have to.

Go to: