Welcome to Midnight Castle forum

c0c0_nuts
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

Re:Welcome to Midnight Castle forum

[Post New]by c0c0_nuts on Jun 23, 16 9:08 AM
Rebecca_47 wrote:I seem to post one right after another.

Okay this latest mini update: first there are supposed to be HOS s that have rooms that are mirrored (I will make an assumption it's just the same room but like you were looking a mirror), one the is silhouettes ( like looking at the room thru a curtain and all you see is the silhouette of each item? Or silhouette of entire picture with no color gradient?) And last night ( just the light level of the scene dropped like you were seeing it at night.?).

If you have the recent update, the 3 new modes should appear randomly.

Rebecca_47 wrote:It was also mentioned that there was a 30-day quest. And you needed to find it in the social section(?)

The castle challenge has not started for Android users. The icon to access it is next to the private room icon.

Rebecca_47 wrote:And a morphing flowers contest as well. When does it start and it's it for all platforms?

The mini event for Android users started June 21 and has ended today.

Rebecca_47 wrote:I went a d read the updates for android and it left me more confused. It said our date was the 30th. I tried that day and there was no update. Tonight I found what appeared to an update but nothing happened. No strange HOS s, no quests in the social section. And I'm tired. Almost caught up.

NEW UPDATE available for Midnight Castle (Android) - June 20, 2016
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/374508.page

paco12348
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

[Post New]by paco12348 on Jun 23, 16 12:29 PM
First time to play like this and won't do it again. First, I might have enjoyed the game if there were instructions on how to do things. Easy to find object didn't take as much time as trying to get another screen open for searching.
Another gripe to this game and others I have purchased. An easy way to exit is not easy to find. When I try out a game before purchase, I won't buy it if I must search for an exit.
I didn't know this was a buying game. I don't understand those and hope to heck I'm not charged for something I clicked on.

c0c0_nuts
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

[Post New]by c0c0_nuts on Jun 23, 16 1:18 PM
Midnight Castle is a free-to-play game. You do not have to buy anything, if you do not want to.

Midnight Castle Tips and Tricks
http://www.bigfishgames.com/blog/walkthrough/midnight-castle-f2p-tips-and-tricks/

Rebecca_47
Minnow
Minnow
245 Posts

[Post New]by Rebecca_47 on Jun 23, 16 3:09 PM
Midnight Castle is one of the best HOS games I have found. The clues of what you need to do are there just not always as expected and some once you pass a point such as the initial instructions I Haverford a way back to. I am a jump feet first and the ask questions. I had to down load it to a different device and read them. Also going thru the different threads here will give lots of information and a good place to ask questions of those who have already gone thru what you possibly don't understand.

c0co_nuts is one those who can help. Also, let us know if you are a PC user, or IOS or Android. The updates are loaded at different times and while it is the same game the different platforms (I hate to say) can't friend each other.
I am Reba Runestone and I play on a Kindle which is an andriod.

Give MC a chance it will grow on you even when there is st times a lot of bitching going on.

Oh, the game is free, but if you want to get ahead faster or your stuck you can pay for coins or gems but the program will always ask if you want to buy. I go thru amazon and you can set it so you have to put in your password each time you buy. So not only do you have to select an amount you have to enter your password.

As for getting out -I just swipe my screen to the right and the home icon appears. Or if you are in a HOS you don't want to be, same thing only use arrow or use the stop at the top right. Either was it will ask if you want to leave HOS .

Enjoy gaming
Reba

nanasue12
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by nanasue12 on Jun 23, 16 3:52 PM
Random thoughts and questions about MC:

Favorite quote of the game (so far): "I'm too busy for a time suck right now. Come back later!" (Wish I could say this at work!!)

Favorite characters (so far): The Automoton! He ALWAYS makes me smile. (What a nerd, like me!)
Grumpy: (in the Pirate Room) I click on him every day, just to release my angst!)
Henry: He is always SO polite and always gives me flowers.

@Davegnew1 - I agree about the Night Vision view. I don't care for it. I wish it was optional. Some time I might want to go for that Achievement, but mostly for now, it's not much fun and will make upcoming challenges difficult. And "I GOT A HIGH SCORE ON NIGHT VISION" said NO ONE, EVER!

On a related note, what happens when you skip the Night Vision view five times? Does the number ever reset? Anyone?

RE: The Spring Rooms or any rooms, I think they reset about every five-ten minutes. You can go in and click on butterflies WAY more often than twice a day. I wish someone had told me that about 33 levels ago! Which leads me to ask:

Do the Magic Shards count as morphing objects? There is a challenge coming up where you have to collect 600 morphing objects. Does anything beside the flowers count?

And next to last. The FLOWER OF SUFFERING was certainly aptly named. On the several levels before this, it seemed like I was sent there for almost every quest, sub quest and task. I was SO TIRED of getting hung up there time after time after time. Two characters would want the same thing at the same time! I am on level 34 now. Someone PLEASE TELL ME that I won't have to keep doing the SAME THING over and over again. The pace has been wonderful at level 34. Please reassure me that it will stay that way!

I am grateful that I play on a PC. It seems we get the updates first and the game play is smooth. I am player 79534. Thank you to my Friends, happy gaming and wishing an update to level 71 for all of you!

Nanasue

c0c0_nuts
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

[Post New]by c0c0_nuts on Jun 23, 16 4:27 PM
nanasue12 wrote:On a related note, what happens when you skip the Night Vision view five times? Does the number ever reset? Anyone?

The count for the achievement does not reset.

nanasue12 wrote:Do the Magic Shards count as morphing objects? There is a challenge coming up where you have to collect 600 morphing objects. Does anything beside the flowers count?

Magic shards are not morphing objects. Currently, the flowers are the only morphing objects.

gameslvr
Clownfish
Clownfish
553 Posts

[Post New]by gameslvr on Jun 23, 16 9:59 PM
Della295587 wrote:
gameslvr wrote:I feel really dumb asking this -- I should know but -- what is a zoom zone?

One of the most common zoom zones is the Gnome Road Sign, where when you click on it, you have to provide a coupla items to get something else. In other words, you zoom in on it, but it's not a Hidden Object Scene. Does that help?

Yes, thank you.

gameslvr
Clownfish
Clownfish
553 Posts

[Post New]by gameslvr on Jun 23, 16 10:04 PM
Della295587 wrote:
Davegnew1 wrote:The changes in the latest release are OK with the exception of Night Mode. What is the point to drag out finding the objects. Being able to see the whole screen with all the imaginary is part of the games allure. Having a small window with a blank screen, that is tedious to maneuver is boring and detracts from the game. Unless I need an object from a night mode objects room,, I just close
the Night Mode session and move on. My personal opinion is remove NM.

So sorry you don't like the new "modes" I think it adds so much to the game, not so boring this way.

I have to agree that I'm not fond of the new mirror or shadow forms. I don't find the night vision so bad. In fact sometimes it helps me focus! It was interesting at first but now I'm getting tired of them and wish they would switch back to the regular mode.

[Removed by Moderator]

[Post New]by Pamack on Jun 23, 16 10:32 PM

Edited on 06/24/2016 at 8:00:21 AM PST

Rebecca_47
Minnow
Minnow
245 Posts

[Post New]by Rebecca_47 on Jun 24, 16 12:34 AM
I am getting really tired of the unrelated postings.

I am level 71 went thru entire available HOS s and didn't see one of the new modes. I even added the Destiny key characters back in as well as competed three daily quests. Where are they? I looked at the social window and still no quests there.

I play android. Help!

c0c0_nuts
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

[Post New]by c0c0_nuts on Jun 24, 16 4:58 AM
Rebecca_47 wrote:
I am level 71 went thru entire available HOS s and didn't see one of the new modes. I even added the Destiny key characters back in as well as competed three daily quests. Where are they? I looked at the social window and still no quests there.

I play android. Help!

I replied to one of your posts further up the page.
The mini event has ended and the castle challenge has not started yet for Android users. The icons to access the mini event and the castle challenge are on the slide out bar, not in the social window. There should be 5 icons on the slide out bar:
Social--Mini Event--Tournament--Private Room--Castle Challenge

If you are not seeing the new icons and the new modes, then you do not have the latest update. You can contact customer support if you need assistance.

Edited on 06/24/2016 at 5:06:08 AM PST

xaio
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by xaio on Jun 24, 16 8:12 AM
i have uninstalled the game and reinstalled it several times. I am unable to play the castle challenges.

Jackie34918
Flounder
Flounder
2,054 Posts

[Post New]by Jackie34918 on Jun 24, 16 8:20 AM
xaio wrote:i have uninstalled the game and reinstalled it several times. I am unable to play the castle challenges.

What device are you playing on. Android and iPad do not have the castle challenges yet. However, if you’re PC, I think you should send a ticket to customer support (found at the bottom of this page) with maybe a Dr. Felix report.

Edited on 06/24/2016 at 8:34:59 AM PST

Rebecca_47
Minnow
Minnow
245 Posts

[Post New]by Rebecca_47 on Jun 24, 16 4:44 PM
c0c0_nuts wrote:
Rebecca_47 wrote:

I play android. Help!

I replied to one of your posts further up the page.
The mini event has ended and the castle challenge has not started yet for Android users. The icons to access the mini event and the castle challenge are on the slide out bar, not in the social window. There should be 5 icons on the slide out bar:
Social--Mini Event--Tournament--Private Room--Castle Challengios players.e

If you are not seeing the new icons and the new modes, then you do not have the latest update. You can contact customer support if you need assistance.

I did install around 23rd but on the slide bar which I use at least twice a day never saw the mini event. On the 22 there was no update available. And of course as you said mini event is over and castle for android has not yet started. But still no newer update am I seeing. I go thru Amazon to get my updates. I will try customer service but don't hold out much hope as from prior posts it seems like they are probably overwhelmed by pc and IOS players. Reba

c0c0_nuts
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

[Post New]by c0c0_nuts on Jun 24, 16 5:18 PM
Rebecca_47 wrote:
I did install around 23rd but on the slide bar which I use at least twice a day never saw the mini event. On the 22 there was no update available. And of course as you said mini event is over and castle for android has not yet started. But still no newer update am I seeing. I go thru Amazon to get my updates. I will try customer service but don't hold out much hope as from prior posts it seems like they are probably overwhelmed by pc and IOS players. Reba

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game?

General Help for Android Games
https://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1801

[Post New]by revolutionizer on Jun 24, 16 8:38 PM
I play on pc midnight castle, can I also use my tablet to play the game with out starting over??

Jackie34918
Flounder
Flounder
2,054 Posts

[Post New]by Jackie34918 on Jun 24, 16 8:59 PM
revolutionizer wrote:I play on pc midnight castle, can I also use my tablet to play the game with out starting over??

Unfortunately no, you can't play the same game and/or cross platforms.

Edited on 06/24/2016 at 9:00:52 PM PST

gameslvr
Clownfish
Clownfish
553 Posts

[Post New]by gameslvr on Jun 25, 16 9:49 AM
I hope no one else did this but I mistakenly thought the "days" were chronological ones and was using all my diamonds to hurry up and finish! Thought it was just a ploy by BF to get you to buy more!

a1cindy
Guppy
Guppy
146 Posts

[Post New]by a1cindy on Jun 25, 16 11:18 AM
is anyone else at level 71 on pc having this problem - when playing dice all items are for coins only and last nights new daily castle challenge keeps giving me a three lot or ten lot and killer hard to complete its like because we are at the higher level cooling our heels to move on we dont get the regular perks

gameslvr
Clownfish
Clownfish
553 Posts

[Post New]by gameslvr on Jun 25, 16 5:09 PM
AGGGGGHHGG! I was on the 5 part quest and thought I was on the last one with 10 minutes to go when I discovered I had one more to do! Now I have to start over. Dang. Dang. Dang.

Go to: