moonfell
Guppy
Guppy
177 Posts

Re:Post your Midnight Castle (PC) Technical Issues Here Only!

[Post New]by moonfell on Jan 4, 17 5:23 PM
working on Midnight challenge and it wants Xmas Stars, at the moment my counter is showing 6 out of twelve and I know I have gotten 5 that aren't showing. can this be fixed. it is dropping the xmas stars but they are not showing on the challenge counter I am on the first of the last set of 10 challenges
thank you
Gavi-Tn 127617

Edited on 01/04/2017 at 5:43:51 PM PST

[Post New]by SimplySharon on Jan 4, 17 9:21 PM
I am playing on Windows 7, PC. My game is freezing constantly, rewards from clearing the rooms aren't showing up and when that happens nothing I click on works. The animations and music are still going but i can't get into settings or anything like that.
I installed the update (fix) to the game before playing tonight..seems it just causes more bugs?

Thanks! Jan 5, 2106

bfgPanthalassa
2,199 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Jan 5, 17 4:21 PM
Hi Everyone,

I understand that there are some technical issues coming up in the game, and I wanted to stop in with help.

Saras_Grandma, I understand that you've reached out to our Customer Support Team but haven't heard back yet. The Forum Moderation Team definitely wants to make sure that people's issues are addressed, and I went ahead and reached out to the Support Team.

It looks like an automated email was sent to you few days ago by the team. Those messages can be sent in an effort to help as many people as possible, but we do understand that they don't necessarily resolve every situation. When someone receives an automated message that doesn't apply to their concern we ask that they please reply directly to it. Our system will close the ticket if we don't get a response within a few days, and replying will ensure that your spot in line is saved. This also lets us know that the issue hasn't been worked out, and a Rep will be in touch as soon as they're able.

moonfell, I'm sorry to hear that the Christmas Stars you're collecting aren't being tallied correctly for the Castle Challenge. It may help to try closing and re-opening the game, which can be useful in making sure that everything is able to load correctly. However, if the Stars that you've gotten still aren't appearing I recommend contacting our Technical Support Team HERE with your player ID and a Dr. Felix Report. Our Reps can provide customized assistance and they'll certainly be willing to help. Steps for locating that ID can be found in the following help article, if needed:

Finding Your In-Game ID

SimplySharon, it sounds like your game is running poorly and freezing up. To try and troubleshoot this problem, I suggest taking a look at the help article I included below, which can be particularly useful in this kind of situation:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If the steps there don't resolve the issues you're seeing, we invite you to reach out to our Support Team with that Dr. Felix and player ID. They can look into this further and offer additional help.

Thank you for your patience.

bfgPanthalassa

dogpenny
Clownfish
Clownfish
506 Posts

[Post New]by dogpenny on Jan 5, 17 7:44 PM
I am still having issues with not getting the item I need to continue the game. I may get money or something else that does not fit where it is supposed to, Any one else having this problem>

[Post New]by LethalLee412 on Jan 5, 17 10:47 PM
How do I restore my ID and progress on a new computer? My old laptop's screen is giving up so have purchased new laptop. However when I install the game it gives me a new ID. I have tried installing from within the Big Fish game manager but that makes no difference.

Original ID 620091
New ID 642052

Both laptops have Windows 10

gernespieler
Catfish
Catfish
1,551 Posts

[Post New]by gernespieler on Jan 6, 17 1:43 AM
have problems with certain friends when trying to gift. Are we back to the old time zone problems ??????

[Post New]by Darkstar_94 on Jan 6, 17 4:55 AM
Still no word from support beyond the initial form email - haven't been able to play my normal game for at least a week. Don't want to use the messed-up one & screw things up even more. Not a happy fishie

help!

Darkstar_94 wrote:
bfgIlinalta wrote:Hello Everyone,

Darkstar_94, we can definitely help get your progress back on your ID. Please contact our Support Team using the steps below with your current in-game ID and what has occurred as well as much information as you can provide about your previous progress. Our Reps will ask more questions to help get that account restored.

Message continues...

Oh I sure hope so. I have already contacted support & am waiting to hear. I tried uninstalling & reinstalling but it still came up with this "Katmandu" person instead of me. Keeping my fingers crossed. Thanks!

LarkBea
Herring
Herring
311 Posts

[Post New]by LarkBea on Jan 6, 17 8:23 AM
Features quit working a few minutes into game play. Cannot open tree area to send anything, can't open anything in social or crafting areas, can't even leave the game. This was happening before but only after playing a long time. Now it's occurring after only a couple of tasks.

Windows 7 Professional 32 bit.

bfgPanthalassa
2,199 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Jan 6, 17 10:21 AM
Hi All,

I wanted to stop by to thank everyone here who's taken the time to report what they're seeing in the game, and to offer some help for these issues.

It sounds like some people may be seeing glitches in the game. When features in the game aren't working properly the Forum Moderation Team often suggest taking a look at our help articles, which can be great for trying some quick troubleshooting steps. I encourage taking a look at the following if you're seeing problems with the game's functions, such as gifting or crashing:

If anyone continues to see a technical issue or needs to move their profile to a new computer we recommend contacting our Technical Support Team HERE with your player ID. Our Reps have the tools needed to investigate these kinds of situations further, and they're always happy to provide customized help as best they can. If you're encountering a glitch in the game, we ask that you please also send a Dr. Felix Report in your email, which will help them look into the problem further.

In case they're needed, some steps for locating that ID can be found in the following help article:

Finding Your In-Game ID

dogpenny, it sounds like you aren't receiving the items that are needed for quests when playing hidden object scenes. In order to make sure the correct item drops, we recommend using the Find button in the quest. This will help work on getting the item that's needed to continue forward.

If you're still not receiving the correct items, or there's any trouble using that button, I encourage contacting our Technical Support Team with that Dr. Felix Report. Our Reps are always willing to help.

Darkstar_94, I'm sorry to hear that you haven't received a response from the Support Team yet. They're a little behind on their normal response time due to the recent holidays, as members of that team were spending time with their loved ones. While this is the case they all definitely want to make sure that people's concerns are addressed, and someone will be in touch as soon as they're able.

bfgPanthalassa
2,199 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Jan 6, 17 10:21 AM
In the meantime, if you happen to receive an automated response, we ask that you please respond directly to it. Those automated emails may be sent out to try and help as many players as possible, and replying directly to it will let us know that the situation hasn’t been resolved. Additionally, our system will automatically close a ticket if we don’t receive a reply within a few days, and so responding will ensure that the ticket remains open and save your spot in line.

If anyone has any questions, please feel free to PM one of our active Moderators. Thank you for your patience.

bfgPanthalassa

[Post New]by dtjjkgr32815 on Jan 6, 17 11:56 AM
Hi.....Hope you can help. My cursor is very jerky in the game. It's perfectly fine anywhere else. I really don't want to uninstall/reinstall game. So afraid of losing everything. Can you help? Thanks

ID#620960 Avatar Name:ESSMMO

JohnTonkin
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by JohnTonkin on Jan 6, 17 2:39 PM
Weird error message when I tried to leave a gift under the tree today. It told me that there was a new update and that my version was incompatible. Not true of others I tried to gift. I checked with the manual update option check on the game manager and didn't find any updates or the auto update notifier. What gives. Have also been noticing the very jerky cursor and also the wheel of fortune is jerky.

Another, unrelated, concern -- I am current with the seasonal games, but have 8 left and it says only 8 days left -- will there be time to finish?

[Post New]by LethalLee412 on Jan 6, 17 11:20 PM
Dear Moderator

I posted this on page 262. Any response?

"How do I restore my ID and progress on a new computer? My old laptop's screen is giving up so have purchased new laptop. However when I install the game it gives me a new ID. I have tried installing from within the Big Fish game manager but that makes no difference.

Original ID 620091
New ID 642052

Both laptops have Windows 10"

[Post New]by shawnlwoodcock on Jan 7, 17 2:51 AM
I continue to get almost done with my quest and then the game either glitches and I loose a lot of progress or I exit out of the game and go back later and have lost progress. This makes it extremely hard to do quests. I play on a kindle.

kayette
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
472 Posts

[Post New]by kayette on Jan 7, 17 11:38 AM
I play on a PC but I have the same problem of no progress being saved. I have quit out and restarted 5 times in the last hour and no progress saved! This is very frustrating!

[Post New]by ckwolfling on Jan 7, 17 10:42 PM
LethalLee412 wrote:
"How do I restore my ID and progress on a new computer? My old laptop's screen is giving up so have purchased new laptop. However when I install the game it gives me a new ID. I have tried installing from within the Big Fish game manager but that makes no difference.

Try going to c://users/<username>/appData/roaming/elephant games/midnight castle and move the files from old to new. Might need to be able to see hidden files to get the appData folder to be visible.

Releanna
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by Releanna on Jan 8, 17 3:49 AM
today's challenge is win 1000 coins at dice.
I played and finally made the 1000, but in the challenge it says 0 of 1000

please help!

game ID is 245316

Tried again and now it counted. No idea why it didn't work in the morning (wasted some nice diamonds)

Edited on 01/08/2017 at 9:37:54 AM PST

[Post New]by Heather7NH on Jan 8, 17 1:19 PM
I'm having the same problem, today's wins are not being counted. Between the wait and/or paying 12 diamonds to play again, this is getting frustrating. Can you help before I get behind or waste too many more diamonds? Game ID is 571148

bfgIlinalta
1,449 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Jan 8, 17 2:54 PM
Hello Everyone,

Thank you for taking the time to report what you are experiencing with the PC version of Midnight Castle. I wanted to drop by real fast and provide some preliminary troubleshooting as well as how to reach our Support Team for other issues players are seeing.

If you are seeing the game slow down, seem jerky, or freeze, the following page has some preliminary troubleshooting steps that have been able to help some players in the past. However, when reading the following page, do not perform step 6 which asks you to uninstall and reinstall the game:

If playing on Windows 10, the following page may be able to help with a performance issue or a slow cursor:

Windows 10

LethalLee412, as bfgPanthalassa previously posted, the best way to get assistance for transferring progress between devices is to reach out to our Support Team. If you haven't already, feel free to do so with the steps below.

For players that are seeing issues with the game not saving progress properly, I recommend trying to run the game as an Administrator, which should help provide the permissions needed to help the game run as best it can, which can help with the game's progress being saved:

Run Game as Administrator

For any problems that continue after trying those steps, need help transferring your progress to a new device, or if you are missing rewards or inventory items, I recommend contacting our Technical Support Team HERE with your in-game ID. Our Reps are always happy to provide additional support for our games and will do their best to get back in touch as soon as possible.

Just in case it is helpful, the following page lists how to find an in-game ID in our games: Finding Your In-Game ID

Thank you all for your time and patience, and I hope that helps out. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other active Moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

jEMSW
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by jEMSW on Jan 8, 17 5:28 PM
I think there may be a Gremlin somewhere in the works because strange things have been happening.
I do wonder if anyone else may be experiencing the same thing, or like me, aren't really aware that there is a problem.

1 - I finally realized that coins were going missing. A few times previously I had thought some of my coins seemed to be missing but decided I must be mistaken. Then a few days ago, after I had been gathering coins to access a new area & had accumulated about 12,628, I noticed that when I moved to the next area my coins had dropped to 11,479!

*2 - Gift Boxes disappearing - Again, I just thought I was wrong. Then, yesterday, Jan 7, I knew I had 138 Pink boxes because I had just finished trading a lot of Christmas items for Pink boxes. Later when I went to gift folks there were 134.
Today, Jan 8, after trading for more boxes, & knew I had 131 boxes, later I saw there were only 128. It's not a lot each time, but it does add up, & I am using a lot of Christmas items to make the trades.

3 - Jan 8, in the morning, I had 3 Keys to open Rock Garden chest, later in the day I had none.
I don't usually keep track of my inventory items, but that morning, I had gifted one so I knew how many I should have.

4 - About 5 days ago, when I opened my Christmas room, there were gifts under the tree, as there usually are in the morning, then suddenly they all disappeared!

I hesitate to try and fix any problems, as I did during the Halloween Event. After trying to fix the problem then, I could no longer access the event!!

Edited on 01/08/2017 at 5:29:09 PM PST

Go to: