We need people contributing to this forum

[Post New]by BarbaraFish on Sep 7, 15 2:20 PM
HI fellow players:

Please help us as we muddle along in this game. I tried to contact the publisher for help, but no answer yet so we need each other so solve problems and answer questions.

Please check in occasionally. We really appreciate your time and help!

Re:We need people contributing to this forum

[Post New]by BarbaraFish on Sep 8, 15 6:23 PM
Is anyone playing this game who can offer some help and guidance?

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Sep 12, 15 12:19 PM
What kind of help and guidance do you need? I am playing and am pretty far along.

Here is some general info about playing this type of game, for those that are confused by the gameplay:

-This game has elements of hidden object, puzzle, building, and role-playing games. Like an RPG, this is a very long game. It’s meant to give you the time to “become” the main hero character and you will be completing quests for many people that need your help. You won't finish it in a day or even a week. So, if you like a swift conclusion to your game or just like to do puzzles and HO scenes and don’t want to read the story, then this is not the game for you. If you like the atmosphere, though, you can plunge yourself into this island world for a very long time.

-You can earn red stars (experience for leveling up), blue jewels (to buy magical/collection items), gold (to buy weapons/building items), and a wide variety of item for all purposes.

I’m going to break this up into several posts, so they don’t get too long.

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Sep 12, 15 12:20 PM
RPG elements

Role playing games come in all forms, but in this game the primary RPG elements are:

1) You can do anything in any order. You can pick and choose what you want to do and when, so if you feel like doing HO scenes, you can do them until you're bleary-eyed. If you feel like taking a break, then battle some monsters, open some of the chests you've found, or go shopping and buy some of the items that you are short to complete the quests.

2) You have to "fight" monsters. You "fight" monsters simply by having the right weapon to defeat them (unlike a regular RPG, where you actually do battle and can lose or even die). When a monster is defeated, it leaves random treasure, but certain types of treasure can only be obtained by defeating a particular monster. For instance, if you need shells, you have to fight Redeye Boars. No other monsters drops those - at least so far in my game.

3) You must accept and complete quests. You just need to click on the quest to see what the character wants from you. If you need to know where to find the items needed to complete a quest, just click on the pictures of the items and you’ll see where you can find them. You can also go to the store and buy most of them with you gold or blue jewels.

4) You have to level up to access new areas. You gain experience for leveling up, primarily by fighting monsters, opening treasure chests, and completing quests.

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Sep 12, 15 12:27 PM
Hidden object scenes

The game has LOTS of hidden object scenes and they are not necessarily easy ones, either. You can earn or buy many power-ups, though, that help you with those scenes. You can also go back into those scenes as many times as you'd like and the more you do a particular scene, the more experience you gain until you reach Master level. You earn gold stars for completing each scene and when you have earned enough stars, you reach the next level for that area. The higher your level, the harder the level and the more items you earn when you complete it. Once you reach Master level, you still earn items, but the scenes no longer get harder.

Puzzles

You find treasure chests throughout the game and to open each, you need to solve a puzzle. There are a variety of types of chest and each has a type of different puzzle you must solve to open it. They are standard puzzles that you probably encountered in other games. Once opened, you get a number of items that will help you with other parts of the game.

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Sep 12, 15 12:48 PM
Building

You can make improvements to the island that will help you or the residents. Once you gather the materials needed, you can repair buildings or you can build bridges that help the residents (and monsters) get around the island. You can also put in wells, to help residents get fresh water. Bridges and wells give you a one time payout when you repair them. The buildings and mines continually produce items for you to collect.

Quests

The quests are varied and pretty self-explanatory, after you talk to the character. There are a combination of requirements to complete them:
1) Visiting certain places – sometimes at night, when you only have a circle of light while you are looking around the HOS. You may need to visit each place more than once.
2) Fighting certain monsters.
3) Finding certain items in HOS. If you click on the item needed, it will tell you where to find it.
4) Finding a Collection. Collections look like items, but when you click the picture, all you get is a description. To see what you need for the collection, click on the button that says “To Target”. It will take you to the Collections screen and you can see what you have to gather to complete the collection. When you have all the items, click “Exchange”, then close and your quest should show complete.

That explains the main elements of the game. I hope it helps.

[Post New]by BarbaraFish on Sep 12, 15 1:01 PM
Great job Burf90. I'm at level 27 now, so I don't need a lot of help, but I wish I had these tips earlier.

One thing I would add is repair all the buildings and areas you can. Repaired places give back "gifts" to you every 8, 15, or 45 minutes I think. They are on different schedules. But the point is you get great rewards for repairing buildings and areas. 4 of them give blue diamonds, 1 gives red star, 1 a chest, 1 wood, 1 arrows, 1 a weapon, 1 potion, 1 meat, 1 $1000, 1 coal, 1 amulet and others I can't at the moment recall. I think I have 16 gifts in total that I get now. But I haven't visited all the buildings yet so there may be more.

Thanks for the info Burf90.

Edited on 09/12/2015 at 1:19:55 PM PST

[Post New]by BarbaraFish on Sep 12, 15 1:07 PM
One more sneaky trick. If you leave your game running for a while to go do something else (even sleep) you can collect your gifts, alt-tab out to another screen or your desktop, alt-tab back into (or just click on to) your game again and you will have more gifts waiting for you to pick up.

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Sep 12, 15 7:06 PM
Yeah, I thought about posting that tip, too, but my posts were getting pretty long already. I use that one a lot. I've also noticed that sometimes when I exit the game and start it again, I have lots of items to pick up as soon as it opens. I don't know if that always works, though. It may just be that they were about to give me items anyway, when I decided to quit playing for a while.

[Post New]by Eggala on Sep 15, 15 1:50 PM
Good job you guys.

Go to: