Error message

tribrach
Minnow
Minnow
209 Posts

Error message

[Post New]by tribrach on Aug 25, 09 4:43 AM
Hi,
I wonder if anybody else is having the problem I'm having? I played about 25 minutes of the trial...then had to take a phone call, so I closed the game & came back after a few minutes. It loaded but I got an error message & the game closed I tried to replay several times but the same thing kept happening
I've deleted.... & I'm reloading in the hope that the "glitch" will be gone...Fingers crossed!

Re:Error message

[Post New]by ghostguide2002 on Aug 25, 09 5:07 AM
I can't even get it to download? So maybe there is something going on ...... think I'll wait a few to see if anyone else replies to your message or mine .... I have high speed internet ... (cable) ... and it has taken 10 minutes to load 4 mb out of 72 mb? Something is wrong ... hopefully not my computer

catdon59
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by catdon59 on Aug 25, 09 5:37 AM
I am getting an error message about not reading file game start. Trying to reload now.
Tried again and no luck! Must not be worth the time.

Edited on 08/25/2009 at 5:45:38 AM PST

[Post New]by gwalkin79 on Aug 25, 09 5:44 AM
ditto with unable to read file error message when trying to load game.. any suggestions?

tribrach
Minnow
Minnow
209 Posts

[Post New]by tribrach on Aug 25, 09 5:53 AM
Well I've downloaded AGAIN....(it only took about 20 minutes) so maybe there is an underlying problem , I guess like you said Ghostguide....we'll have to wait it out to hear if anybody else is having problems. As for me ...well the same "error" reared its ugly head when I tried to play my remaining trial time & as I was finding the game rather simplistic I think I'll give it a miss & dump it. I'd rather spend out for a large file (like N.D.)Great value for the money.

geri_mac
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by geri_mac on Aug 25, 09 7:07 AM
i have been trying to download the game for the last two hours and have finally given up

[Post New]by townopolis on Aug 25, 09 7:37 AM
I download the game about 4 times and allways appears ERROR MESSAGE
Then I decide to buy it hoping to resolve the problem , but the message came again.

stupidanacrox
Minnow
Minnow
240 Posts

[Post New]by stupidanacrox on Aug 25, 09 9:59 AM
getting the error message me too. hope bf will patch it.

Sniet
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

[Post New]by Sniet on Aug 25, 09 10:08 AM
Same here, tested on different computers (Vista, XP)

Word_Dudely
Guppy
Guppy
131 Posts

[Post New]by Word_Dudely on Aug 25, 09 10:30 AM
That sounds like the save data is becoming corrupt. Try removing the file "aygda_save.log" from the directory C:\ProgramData (you can move it to a different directory like your Desktop if you are concerned about losing game progress). Hope you get the game working soon.

Sniet
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

[Post New]by Sniet on Aug 25, 09 11:03 AM
Word_Dudely wrote:That sounds like the save data is becoming corrupt. Try removing the file "aygda_save.log" from the directory C:\ProgramData (you can move it to a different directory like your Desktop if you are concerned about losing game progress). Hope you get the game working soon.

THX, but unhappyly it dosn't work

After removing that file and starting the game, I have to see the same error message:

ERROR in
action number 1
of Other Event: Game Start
for object total_controller:

Error reading real.

And after that, there is a new "aygda_save.log" created.

[Update]
Sorry, it works! After removing that file, I can start the game and play :-)
Unhappyly I get the same problem and error Message when leaving the game und starting new.
(At fist try I removed the .log from part 1, sorry)

Edited on 08/25/2009 at 11:23:36 AM PST

[Post New]by Ballemus on Aug 25, 09 11:24 AM
Hello.

I am getting the same message.

[Post New]by bigfishsol on Aug 25, 09 1:08 PM
Unable to start game. Started by playing some minutes on free version. After bying and installing again, I only get the same error message as other do. I hav tried some of the tips.

[Post New]by OceanBlueShells on Aug 25, 09 2:46 PM
I get the same error message. I have uninstalled and reinstalled about three times already, the game still won't run.

ciscaR8
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by ciscaR8 on Aug 25, 09 3:30 PM
same message after i had to stop playing

elmira78
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by elmira78 on Aug 25, 09 6:07 PM
Couldn't even get the game to open. Uninstalled and downloaded again, still same message about not being able to read some start file.

[Post New]by trainingamy on Aug 25, 09 6:19 PM
I'm getting the same error message as everyone else...and I can't even find the file I'm supposed to try deleting! Maybe that's the problem. I've never had this kind of issue with a BF game.

[Post New]by chinadoll6 on Aug 25, 09 6:26 PM
I am getting the same error message and cannot start the game. I also bought it thinking it would work but for naught. Hopefully BF will alert us when this is repaired.

[Post New]by 520175 on Aug 25, 09 7:01 PM
RROR in
action number 1
of Other Event: Game Start
for object total_controller:

Error reading real.

sadji
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by sadji on Aug 25, 09 10:44 PM
The same here. The only way to play it again is delete all Files in Program Data and then play it to the end.

Go to: