Why is There No Tech Issue Thread for This Game?

[Post New]by Pahdah on Sep 8, 15 7:20 AM
I have purchased 2 games from Big Fish, the 1st one didn't work right. I went through the forums and the Internet looking for a solution, but to no avail. Couldn't get an answer from tech help-I guess because I was uncomfortable running the scanning program the asked me to use on my computer. I eventually found a solution on my own after almost a week. Now I have purchased Return to Mysterious Island, another point and click adventure game (one of the few available here). It looks awesome. I would love to play it, but whenever I right click to access my inventory, the game turns off. Other times I get an error message and a shut down after about 10 minutes of play.

I have searched the forums and the Internet. I have found people with the same problem, but no solutions. Once again I'm waiting on tech support, but I am really hoping someone here can help.

I'm running windows 8.1. However, I also use Virtual Box. Currently I have a VM running windows 98, but I'm considering buying another OS. I was considering buying Windows XP for a vm. Can anyone tell my what OS this game runs best on? Will it run on Windows 98? Is there a way to fix the problems on Windows 8.1?

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

Re:Why is There No Tech Issue Thread for This Game?

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Sep 8, 15 10:43 AM
Hi Pahdah,

I'm sorry to hear that when trying to play this game to access your inventory, the game seems to turn off and an error message appears. It may be helpful to look through at the following help article for hints:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

I apologize that a technical thread wasn't created for this particular game. I'm going to include a link below to the designated thread that should appear in the forums:

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Return to Mysterious Island here

In regards to the requirements for this particular game, this is what is stated on the game page:

Game System Requirements:

CPU: 600 Mhz
RAM: 128 MB
DirectX: 6.0
Hard Drive: 1054 MB

If you find that you have met these requirements and are still having issues, please contact our Technical Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report. They can definitely help look into this for you.

I hope this helps.

bfgBellerophon

[Post New]by Pahdah on Sep 9, 15 3:32 PM
Thank you for your response. I have contacted Tech Support, but have received no response. I eventually just purchased the title from another site. It does not run perfectly, but at least I can play it now. I must say that the lack of service has caused me to decided not to pay for games through Big Fish in the future

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Sep 10, 15 12:30 PM
Hi Pahdah,

I'm sorry to hear about the inconvenience this has caused. It looks like you have received an automated response to your incident. It is highly recommended to reply directly to that email and a Customer Service Representative will be with you as soon as they can with a more personal response to the issue. We do apologize that they are running a little bit behind schedule, but they will be with you shortly.

bfgBellerophon

Yaelle
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,317 Posts

[Post New]by Yaelle on Nov 10, 15 9:25 PM
Youre not going to find too much of anything that will run on Windows 98 in this day & age....

Go to: