LogieBaby
Clownfish
Clownfish
603 Posts

an original look at Ravenhearst ( game one )

[Post New]by LogieBaby on Aug 26, 09 9:42 AM
I'm sure most all gamers revisit their favorites after a time to reacquaint themselves to a game. I did just that yesterday with Ravenhearst. About 10 minutes into the game I had one of those " why didn't I see that before ?? " moments. Recall that the game is set in 1895 and you as the protagonist are searching for Emma. In one of the rooms is a very large Volkswagen bus, Impossible in 1895!! So I then started to look for other things that just shouldn't be in the game given the technology of 1895. Here is a sampling of these dichotomies. Perhaps some of you can look for and point out others.

In the pantry: a robot, a radio, a modern telephone and an electric christmas tree bulb.
In the parlor: a calculator, a loudspeaker, coin rolls and a walkie talkie.
In the garden: another loudspeaker and a rubber ducky
At the widow's walk: a jet airliner and one of those joke big nose bushy eyebrow glasses.
In the kitchen is a radio
In the guest bath a microphone
Given the technology of 1895 there should be no surveillance room with TV's, modern cameras, and smiley faces and post-it notes.

I am not knocking a classic game and its developers but am merely noting things that just should not be possible to find in 1895. If you want to take this ball and run with it, I think it will be interesting to see what else should not be there.

Jewels69988
Herring
Herring
364 Posts

Re:an original look at Ravenhearst ( game one )

[Post New]by Jewels69988 on Aug 26, 09 9:46 AM
Logie,

I think they did this on purpose. The return to Ravenhearst game shows that Charles could travel through time, this discrepancy could have been a clue that we all missed the first time around.

1_of_5
Marlin
Marlin
8,238 Posts

[Post New]by 1_of_5 on Aug 26, 09 9:49 AM
I blame those messy squatters.

BinLA
Stingray
Stingray
5,914 Posts

[Post New]by BinLA on Aug 26, 09 10:08 AM
I thought of that the first time through, but then I realized that the detective search was taking place in present day, and since the house had been standing abandoned all those years, anything could be piled up in there.

Just don't think about it too much -- the game requires a suspension of disbelief.

Edited on 08/26/2009 at 10:09:32 AM PST

barb567
Guppy
Guppy
191 Posts

[Post New]by barb567 on Aug 26, 09 3:52 PM
loved it anyways

penrose47
Stingray
Stingray
4,597 Posts

[Post New]by penrose47 on Aug 26, 09 4:58 PM
I played the game a long time ago i never put those items to the past or present..WOW!

I guess I was too caught up into the story.

Great Thread
PEN

[Post New]by letmebyrsunshine on Sep 2, 09 10:19 PM
I am at the end of the game and can't get the keys to match up to the symbols - anyone else have a problem with this part of the game?

[Post New]by violinist1981 on May 9, 10 5:30 PM
Thank you for mentioning that, I did not catch it in the sequel and wondered about this my ownself!

Jewels69988 wrote:Logie,

I think they did this on purpose. The return to Ravenhearst game shows that Charles could travel through time, this discrepancy could have been a clue that we all missed the first time around.

Go to: