Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for League of Light: Silent Mountain Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Sep 10, 15 12:33 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 09/10/2015 at 5:15:09 AM PST

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for League of Light: Silent Mountain Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Sep 10, 15 5:19 AM
Hi Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on League of Light: Silent Mountain Collector's Edition here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, as do the developers as well as your fellow gamers. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on League of Light: Silent Mountain Collector's Edition.
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning.

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM any one of our Moderators.

bfgWaimea

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for League of Light: Silent Mountain Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by shelterhill on Sep 10, 15 5:29 AM
I did like the gameplay, the HOS were okay, minigames were alright, but somehow it did not grab me, it could be me, but I'll wait for the SE , see how i feel then.
Way too much back and forth... And the story was a bit beyond me..

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Sep 10, 15 6:43 AM
I liked everything about this game! Good graphics, varied HOS, lots of puzzles, interesting story, collectibles and a jump map all added up to a game I wanted to go on playing after the demo ended. And it also has one huge thing going for it; it's not yet another Eipix game

The play can be customised (including a choice of male or female voice for the detective. Not seen that in a game before) and there are a fair few chapters. Not a lot in the way of extras, which may put off some who like more for their money; doesn't bother me as long as the main game together with the bonus chapter is a decent length. SG looked to be pretty easy to follow and the game itself wasn't overly challenging but something about it kept my attention throughout the entire demo (which lasted 62 minutes for me).

Definite buy for me; after what has been a really poor selection of games over the past few weeks, finally something I want to play. A big from me.

ETA: No technical issues with the demo. Desktop (at least 8 years old but with some upgrades) running Win7 Pro 64-bit. And have now downloaded full game with no problems.

Edited on 09/10/2015 at 7:28:38 AM PST

addictedtofish
Guppy
Guppy
139 Posts

[Post New]by addictedtofish on Sep 10, 15 6:45 AM
Enjoyed this game but glad I bought this on a discount as this isn't worthy of a CE - not enough in the extras compared to other games. Can't finish one of the extras as haven't got all the pieces - not sure how I'm supposed to get them but think it's to do with achievements.

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Sep 10, 15 7:17 PM
Hello friends! Here we are with #3 in this series. Yes, I already have the first two and really enjoyed them both. This game started out with a lot of pink and blue, which really puts me off, but I kept playing. Glad I did. The colors turned to bright true color for a change. Very nice graphics, clear and clean. Game play was also very good, with no problems during the demo and the game fit my large screen very nicely. I really liked the voice overs. They are age appropriate and show emotion, not just reading a script, with fear, urgency, anger, evil...you name, we got it! Very well done. The thing I did notice is that you cannot click through dialog if you read faster than they speak. If you skip it, you lose some of the story line, so you really should watch it all. The story is nothing really new, but done very well. Music is well placed and helps with the feel of the game. The devs seemed to have taken a little more time with this one. I even liked the "doggie kiss"..nice touch, made the game a bit more realistic.

HOPs are nothing new, silhouettes, interactive lists, and use this to get that. They are well done and the scenes are fairly clean and clear. Items are not difficult to find. The puzzles aren't new either, but some do take a bit of time and brain power to get through. Well done. SG is the usual, but I seldom even look at them except to make sure I have all of the collectibles. Hint system is very helpful and doesn't run you around with the "keep moving" garbage we see now and then. It actually gives you a usable hint. It also transports you to longer locations. Yes, one of my favorite features...I'm doing my happy dance right now.

Collectibles are 7 character figurines, which are fairly well hidden in and about scenes. You also need to find 26 owls...okay, owl shapes, not just an owl. These are not difficult either, but you do have to look for them.

This game is nicely done and drew me in from the beginning. You are constantly on the move, so you don't get bored. It flows well and is easy to follow, and I find the need to play it out and see what happens. I think this game will appeal to all levels of players. Yes, I am going to add this one to my ever growing collection.

As always, try it for yourself and see what you think. We all have different tastes in games and you may not care for this one at all. Thanks for the reviews.

steve_san
Clownfish
Clownfish
586 Posts

[Post New]by steve_san on Sep 11, 15 4:41 PM

More Like A Silent Molehill

The setting involves a stolen artifact and the missing daughter of the leader of the League of Light. Then there are numerous hooded, red-eyed, black-smoke-surrounded henchmen spewing fireballs. So nothing really new. The developers try to add a backstory of the townspeople, but it fails to take hold because it is painfully familiar material that has merely been rehashed.

Another feature of this game is some of the most foolish villains you'll ever experience. Time and time again they could have easily destroyed you but - for reasons only to continue the game - they let you live.

The game play is equally disappointing - about the most disappointing I have ever experienced. If you have read any of my other reviews, that is saying something. There is absolutely zero challenge. You'll collect an object in your inventory, and then use it almost immediately. You may need to move to another location to use it but many times even that simple action is not necessary. I found myself losing interest in this game very quickly despite the nice visuals.

I do own an earlier LoL game - Dark Omens. If this style game is to your liking, I would wait for the SE because there is no "mountain" of extra content either. There are 26 hard-to-miss owls and 7 figures to find. The remainder are what I refer to as "pseudo extras" - the stuff that few care about.

Always give it a try. If you are new to this genre or just like easy fantasy games, this may be for you. Otherwise, I believe you will be disappointed.

If this is where the series is going, maybe it's time for this League to fold.

Edited on 09/11/2015 at 4:44:57 PM PST

reesy37
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

Good game! Not great, but good.

[Post New]by reesy37 on Sep 12, 15 6:34 AM
I liked the game. It was short, it was easy, but it was a decent game if you got it at a sale price.

I liked the story line, the map never would indicate where I had something to do, but the game is broken down into sections that you can access at one time, so it wasn't really needed.

[Post New]by ykminers on Sep 13, 15 1:06 PM
Keep getting need an security key... won't start

laraly
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
428 Posts

[Post New]by laraly on Sep 14, 15 3:11 AM
Very good game worth the play! Good graphics, minigames, and story! A 5 to my opinion!

Go to: