Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for League of Light: Silent Mountain Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Sep 10, 15 12:35 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 09/10/2015 at 5:14:59 AM PST

hel54
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for League of Light: Silent Mountain Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by hel54 on Sep 10, 15 12:49 AM
After i bought the game, it won't download.
I am not happy with this.
I have windows 7 on my laptop
Thanks Ganonsbane, it worked.

Edited on 09/10/2015 at 5:50:22 AM PST

Oldgamer99
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for League of Light: Silent Mountain Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by Oldgamer99 on Sep 10, 15 12:58 AM
Download is awful!! It's been downloading for 40 minutes and I have high-speed internet and run Windows Vista. Never have I had a game take this long.

devonview
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by devonview on Sep 10, 15 1:14 AM
This game showed "trial period expired" before I even had a chance to open it - within 10 minutes of the download finishing. I thought that there was supposed to be at least an hour to 90 minutes playing time before that happens. I was looking forward to playing the game for a wee while before buying it - don't like the idea of "buying blind"
Please help!!!

ganonsbane
Catfish
Catfish
1,595 Posts

[Post New]by ganonsbane on Sep 10, 15 1:58 AM
devonview wrote:This game showed "trial period expired" before I even had a chance to open it - within 10 minutes of the download finishing. I thought that there was supposed to be at least an hour to 90 minutes playing time before that happens. I was looking forward to playing the game for a wee while before buying it - don't like the idea of "buying blind"
Please help!!!

Go back to the Download Page & Click "Play Now" then wait a few seconds for the game to Re-Activate. You'll hear the noise that the Game Manager makes when a Download Finishes. Sometimes that works & you don't have to Uninstall then wait for the Demo to Download again.

HTH

devonview
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by devonview on Sep 10, 15 2:53 AM
Thank you so much - it worked perfectly.
I'll save your "cure" for any future problems

88blyth
Catfish
Catfish
1,705 Posts

[Post New]by 88blyth on Sep 10, 15 3:09 AM
hi fishies...game froze when trying to exit the barn, had to ctrl alt delete to get out of the game....
windows 7

Jorie10
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by Jorie10 on Sep 10, 15 4:40 AM
Download issue:

I'm with Hel54. Bought the game and the download just stalls. Have tried to download multiple times. Will give up for now and try later.

Same thing happened the other day. I could download the game when I tried hours later.

BTW, I couldn't download the trial either. Gave up. Bought the game sight unseen.

My guess is that BFG servers can't handle the amount of traffic they are getting. Never used to be problem before. But, I also can't rule out that my Internet provider or my setup might be the issue.

(Win7x64 w/ high speed Internet)

Update: Was able to download the next morning.

Edited on 09/11/2015 at 4:33:46 AM PST

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Sep 10, 15 5:19 AM
Hi Everyone,

If there's trouble with getting League of Light: Silent Mountain Collector's Edition to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Problems Downloading or Installation Failed
Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

Often, we can provide a known solution for technical issues in the Forums and some of our tech savvy pond residents may also swim by with good tips and suggestions. We're unable to provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team because the Forums are not well suited for the type of information-gathering and troubleshooting that's needed in order to correct issues of this nature.

If you're unable to get a game working properly using our Help pages or the tips posted here, please get in touch with our Customer Support team. You can find a link to contact Customer Support on the front page of our Help pages section.

Contacting Customer Support will help us to gather necessary information on what types of systems are being affected by the problem and to share this information with the developer in order to work towards a fix.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting Customer Support, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgWaimea

lolaluv
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by lolaluv on Sep 10, 15 6:19 AM
Is anyone else having trouble using the glove on the chest? I have the glove but the chest won't highlight for me to use it, and I can't move on (still playing demo, haven't bought it due to many technical issues with games lately).

lolaluv
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by lolaluv on Sep 10, 15 7:04 AM
lolaluv wrote:Is anyone else having trouble using the glove on the chest? I have the glove but the chest won't highlight for me to use it, and I can't move on (still playing demo, haven't bought it due to many technical issues with games lately).

Update: I started again with a new profile and used the glove as soon as I found it, and it worked. Don't know where the glitch is that won't let you use it after that, but on that first profile I tried hint, map, etc. and there was simply no way to use the glove. Warning for others - use it when you find it.

Sheilas2a
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by Sheilas2a on Sep 10, 15 10:30 AM
Downloaded the trial version ok, but when I try and play the game it just flickers and won't run smoothly. Glad I didn't buy it.

LunaNik
Guppy
Guppy
126 Posts

[Post New]by LunaNik on Sep 10, 15 1:54 PM
lolaluv wrote:Is anyone else having trouble using the glove on the chest? I have the glove but the chest won't highlight for me to use it, and I can't move on (still playing demo, haven't bought it due to many technical issues with games lately).

Yes. I just came here to post about it.
Macbook OS 10.6.8
2 GHz Dual processor
8 GB RAM

I really don't want to start the game over from the beginning. This is ridiculous. C'mon, devs! Debug your #$%& games before you release them for sale!

Silvia_B
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by Silvia_B on Sep 10, 15 2:36 PM
During the demo, I keep getting a window from security essentials saying the something is wrong with the path & to send the files to them.
C:/users/silvia/appdate/roaming/mariaglorum/league of light - silent mountain CE/profiles.xml or CE/crc1.dat

I didn't capitalize all the words on the message but hope someone has the idea how to help. I love the game but can't keep getting these messages. After it cuts off the game to tell me about the path & I can send the files or not, then I can click on the game icon on the taskbar & can continue the game until I get the message again.

Thanks, Silvia

kgustavson
Clownfish
Clownfish
630 Posts

[Post New]by kgustavson on Sep 10, 15 10:38 PM
I got 2 "blocked malicious software" messages from Malware-bytes when I was downloading this - they went by so fast that I apologize that I didn't catch what files were intercepted. Very unusual for BF so thought I should bring it to light.

DebbieAnnie
Guppy
Guppy
167 Posts

[Post New]by DebbieAnnie on Sep 10, 15 11:50 PM
As soon as I tried to play, my pointer freezes up and I have to use Task Manager which shows the game "Not responding"...I tried many times and game takes up to a minute to load the next screen....and of course my pointer stills freezes up...so I sure hope a "FIX" is in the making....PC Windows Vista 64-bit

Edited on 09/10/2015 at 11:51:19 PM PST

Nohrah
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by Nohrah on Sep 11, 15 6:06 AM
Another Dud

The game completely shut my computer down.

Running Windows 7, 64 bit.

susieq12
Guppy
Guppy
120 Posts

[Post New]by susieq12 on Sep 11, 15 8:47 AM
Windows 7 64 bits. Game is constantly freezing and drags whenever I click on an item. Very slow and sluggish. When it freezes completely have to go to task manager and it shows game is not running. What is it with this, please make corrections it is not very good PR to buy a game (at this price) to be unable to enjoy it.

Map causing game to freeze

[Post New]by SassieBear on Sep 11, 15 12:58 PM
When I access the map, the game freezes and I cannot do anything except use Task Manager to exit. I receive error access code 52EF81 message. I am running Windows 10 on a new laptop. Is anyone else having this problem?

[Post New]by behavorial on Sep 11, 15 2:03 PM
league of light keeps flickering when I play. Have redownloaded several times I use desktop windows vista. Not my computer I play everday some game or other. HELP!~!!

Go to: