bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

Same Game, Different Name!

[Post New]by bribling on Sep 10, 15 5:11 AM
I own "League of Light Wicked Harvest". I just played the Demo for this game. There is NO difference! It is exactly the same, same actions, same puzzles. Did BFG make a mistake and place the first game up for the TGT instead of the new game? I double checked and the game in my App is called "Silent Mountain". The nae and opening graphic with the maze-like road or bridge may be different but the game play is "Wicked Harvest".

rainworm
Herring
Herring
360 Posts

Re:Same Game, Different Name!

[Post New]by rainworm on Sep 10, 15 5:54 AM
No, definitely not!

I played the "wicked harvest" some days ago and I am sure, we have the new "silent mountain" here today.

Just try again, you will see.

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

[Post New]by bribling on Sep 10, 15 6:45 AM
I have started it 3 times now and it is exactly the same. I will try uninstalling and reinstalling. I really enjoyed "Wicked Harvest" and look forward to a new game.

ganonsbane
Catfish
Catfish
1,595 Posts

[Post New]by ganonsbane on Sep 10, 15 7:20 AM
Mine are, definitely, different.

Wicked Harvest starts showing a Little Girl in a bottle then changes to the inside of a coach going through the mountains in Northern Ireland.

Silent Mountain starts with a man holding a torch exploring a cave in Southern Belgium.

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

[Post New]by bribling on Sep 10, 15 7:49 AM
My "League of Light" is a game that I already own and have played but darned if I can figure out which one.

It begins this way - I am in a barn that is on fire. I need to put the fire out and escape from the barn. Once I get out, there is a town that has a house/inn or whatever straight ahead. To the right, access to the rest of the town in blocked by some firey spikes. There is a dog in it's doghouse that is blocked in by these firey spikes. I have to release the dog and clear the path. Once through that area there is a brige and ahead is the gate to the town. I need to find the League member. There is a tall building on the right. When I get up there I shoot a rope across and slide down to join my League friend.

I don't recall the name of this game but I own it and have played the entire game and finished it. It is NOT "Silent Mountain" but it is a "League of Light" game.

I now have two of these league games in my app one is "Wicked Harvest" - I was mistaken about that, WH starts in a town where a woman's little girl is kidnapped in front of me and I have a small helper to assist me, etc.

The other LOL game is called "Silent Mountain" and has that name on it but it is the game described above, today's Demo. It is possible that I got to test this game but if so, it was not recently and I am quite certain that I did, in fact, play the entire game.

This is a mystery and I hope I am not so confused that I have forgotten a test of this game. I am quite certain that I finished the game. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Demo and there is no change in it.

EDIT: Also, I now have a lot of games in my App. I used to delete them but when the company was sold I began to keep them just in case for some reason I may not be able to get them again. Maybe the App is overloaded?

Edited on 09/10/2015 at 7:52:13 AM PST

ganonsbane
Catfish
Catfish
1,595 Posts

[Post New]by ganonsbane on Sep 10, 15 8:55 AM
The game with the fire is "League of Light: Silent Mountain". The man in the cave with the torch was in the Game Intro.

Edited on 09/10/2015 at 8:57:14 AM PST

_DD_
Flounder
Flounder
2,115 Posts

[Post New]by _DD_ on Sep 10, 15 9:03 AM
bribling wrote: It begins this way - I am in a barn that is on fire. I need to put the fire out and escape from the barn. Once I get out, there is a town that has a house/inn or whatever straight ahead. To the right, access to the rest of the town in blocked by some firey spikes. There is a dog in it's doghouse that is blocked in by these firey spikes. I have to release the dog and clear the path. Once through that area there is a brige and ahead is the gate to the town. I need to find the League member. There is a tall building on the right. When I get up there I shoot a rope across and slide down to join my League friend.

I don't recall the name of this game but I own it and have played the entire game and finished it. It is NOT "Silent Mountain" but it is a "League of Light" game.

bribling, why do you think it is not "Silent Mountain"? This is exactly how the TGT "Silent Mountain" starts - after the intro that ganonsbane described above.

If you meant to say, that is the story your remember from an 'earlier' game: There are only 2 LOL published so far; this is the third. The only thing I can think of here is, that it was a beta and - when you say you have only these 2 LOL in your BFG app. - that today's game "overwrote" the beta that was still there.
(if you downloaded the demo or the game today? If not: the beta would have something like "survey" in its name...)
I don't know about a beta for this game, nor its (possibly different) name, but it has happened to me once before, that I finished a HO game in a beta -- quite unusual, but possible.

Even on the Dev's site (who are mentioned on BFG's DL page) the release date is today (Sept. 10).

The amount of games in your BFG app thingie shouldn't have anything to do with it. I remember vaguely discussions about problems with the thingie when there were "too many" games in it, but as far as I remember, it resulted only in a terrible slowness of the thing itself.

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

[Post New]by bribling on Sep 10, 15 9:24 AM
I delete the Beta's so there were none in my App before I downloaded this game. The really odd thing is that I knew exactly what was going to happen and how to solve it. As soon as I realized I had played it before, I started saying out loud to myself what the next thing would be and then how to solve it. I had such a perfect memory of the whole thing. It must have been a "Survey" but I just can't say. It is probably the strangest thing that I can think of that has happened in years. Having done a "Survey" seems to be the only explanation. This game is NOT in my Purchase History, at least not under this name

I wonder how long ago the Beta was? It seemed to me that it had been months since I played the game yet my recall of everything was so crystal clear that I did not have to think about anything, I just breezed along and even found the collectibles very easily. I may purchase it just out of curiosity to see if I remember the entire game. If I did test it, there must be a point where I will not remember what comes next. So strange!

maryerbe
Guppy
Guppy
149 Posts

[Post New]by maryerbe on Sep 10, 15 10:04 AM
Is anyone having any problems with this game ?mine is freezing up ,i had to have used up at least 15 mins. of demo with this

_DD_
Flounder
Flounder
2,115 Posts

[Post New]by _DD_ on Sep 10, 15 10:28 AM
bribling wrote: I wonder how long ago the Beta was? It seemed to me that it had been months since I played the game yet my recall of everything was so crystal clear that I did not have to think about anything,

yes, I was wondering / noticed, too, how well you remembered the story. Must have been impressing enough? I'm just playing it and am enjoying it, too.
I also searched on a different forum where I know a lot of betas are posted, and found the date of the beta announcement there; it was Apr 10th, 2015.
It was a beta from BFG, but the game name was the same, either "League of Light: Silent Mountain Survey" or "League of Light: Silent Mountain BETA".
So, either file under mystery - or beta.

maryerbe, you'd better post in the Tech.Issues thread about the freezing problems. (I didn't have any.)

sparkers2005
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by sparkers2005 on Sep 10, 15 2:55 PM
silent mountain is nothing like wicked harvest. I just downloaded wicked harvest and wicked harvest is in Ireland silent mountain is in belguim. WH starts with s coach hanging over a river. sm starts in a barn. these games are not the same. try playing again.

Go to: