GreenMyEyes
Guppy
Guppy
113 Posts

Little Old Lady needs lots of help

[Post New]by GreenMyEyes on Sep 10, 15 8:49 AM
I'm just beginning this game and there are parts that I don't quite understand or am confused about.

One question deals with buying items from the store. My treasure box if full; I have lots of coins but a treasure box has never shown up in the store. Is it that it costs too much for me to purchase, or that it's completely random, or something else entirely?

Another question has to do with spending money. At first, I would always buy whatever I could to build the castle. Is that the wrong strategy? Should I be saving my money for the store?

Any advice is appreciated.

LittleOldLady (LOL)

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

Re:Little Old Lady needs lots of help

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Sep 10, 15 7:45 PM
1) Buying items in the shop uses the gold coins. When you click on the shop button from the M3 board it should show you all the things that are affordable to you at that point. Anything out of the price range will be grayed out or locked. The bigger gem chests are in the middle row of the shop screen. Depending on what mode you're playing in the bigger gem chests may or may not be useful. As for the spells, I found the small bomb, small fireball, small chain lightning were most useful. All the launcher spells are great on boards that are fairly open in shape but not ones with tight corners. The medium hammer is great, but the large hammer I found to be almost useless since it's hard to get it charged up to that point on many of the levels.

2) The castle upgrades use the gems you collected from the M3 boards along with the amulets. The cost of an upgrade is displayed in the 2 numbers showing up near the picture of the upgrade (the bigger number is the gems needed, smaller number is the amulets needed). You want to buy whatever upgrades you can afford as you go along because if you have enough gems/amulets for an upgrade and don't buy it, the game will get stuck at one of the checkpoints until you do.

Hope that helps!

Edited on 09/10/2015 at 7:46:37 PM PST

GreenMyEyes
Guppy
Guppy
113 Posts

[Post New]by GreenMyEyes on Sep 12, 15 6:18 PM
Thanks so much, Synthpop -- that'll keep me going for a long time. Isn't this game addictive?

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Sep 13, 15 5:45 AM
You're welcome! I've replayed several times already - my favorite mode is the limited moves because it's so challenging.

Go to: