EmeraldY
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

Healing the Wounds quest

[Post New]by EmeraldY on Sep 10, 15 7:07 PM
When I get this quest and click on "To Target" it only directs me to the info about the item and doesn''t take me to the target. I gave up on it days ago but realize I haven't had a new quest since. HELP!! Can someone tell me where the target for this quest is located?

I ADORE this game, but I HATE the chest puzzles. I simply can't do them. Very frustrating because I never have enough funds to buy the item that solves the puzzle for me. ARGH

Thanks for any help you can provide!

Emerald

Re:Healing the Wounds quest

[Post New]by BarbaraFish on Sep 10, 15 7:54 PM
It's a shame we don't have a record of quests we have completed, but I don't remember that one. What level are you? Maybe I haven't seen it yet. I'm 23.

Have you tried clicking on the item it gives you info about?

EmeraldY
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by EmeraldY on Sep 10, 15 8:28 PM
i am only level 14. And yes, I have tried clicking on the item, to no avail.

Viridis gives you the quest on a much lower level that I am on, but not being taken to the Target means I can't get the item...unless someone knows another way!

Thanks, BarbaraFish

[Post New]by tiggeress01 on Sep 11, 15 2:06 AM
Have you tryed to look in your collections, it might be in there, as i have had plenty in collections.
just a thought.

EmeraldY
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by EmeraldY on Sep 11, 15 5:19 PM
Hi tiggeress, thanks for the suggestion. The only hourglasses I could find in my collections were bonuses given when a collection was completed...and I couldn't exchange any to get an hourglass. I even bought an hourglass ($$$$$!!) but that
didn't help. (SIGH).

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Sep 11, 15 5:55 PM
Those quests that don't take you to a place where you can search for items, are - as tiggeress said - usually the collections. You have to have all the items you need for the collections, including the ones that are kept separate at the right, to get a whole collection.

The object needed for the quest is at the right of the collection, and when you have all the necessary items, and click on the "do" button (or whatever it's called), everything will move to this object, after which you exit the collection, and get a green tick at that particular quest.

If it's the quest to heal the wound of that elf woman, I have done that. You have to gather different herbs and then some more stuff, all of which go into a pot or vial.

--- --- ---

ETA: I just saw that you mention an "hourglass", which tiggress didn't mention. I don't recall having to use an hourglass in a quest, except for the quests that specifically asks you to use an hourglass or one of the other items you can use in the hidden object scenes.

Edited on 09/11/2015 at 6:07:57 PM PST

EmeraldY
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by EmeraldY on Sep 12, 15 2:11 PM
Thanks, Valdy. No, it's not (at least so far!) healing the elf woman's wounds.

I am getting better at doing chest puzzles, and my husband loves doing them. so he is a great help!

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Sep 12, 15 7:00 PM
Hi, EmeraldY. I don't know if I can help, but I'll try. I think I know which quest you're stuck on. Is it the one where Viridis is trying to make a potion to heal the elf woman from the Old Town, after she was wounded fighting monsters? You already had to go find a bunch of herbs for him, right? Then as soon as you gave him the herbs, you got a new quest where he asks for an hourglass because the potion has to be prepared very quickly and he won't have time without the hourglass.

First, you need to get an hourglass. I think they can only be found in chests, but you can also buy them at the store. They cost 3000 gold coins, but I think you only need one for the quest. You can find it on the Tools tab.

Once you have an hourglass, I think the second part is that you have to use it. Using it is what gives Viridis the extra time to make the potion. So, go into a hidden object scene, look for it on the upper right, and click on it. Once you finish the scene, you should see that the quest is completed.

I hope my memory is working correctly today and that actually helps you!

Edited on 09/12/2015 at 7:01:40 PM PST

EmeraldY
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by EmeraldY on Sep 12, 15 7:15 PM
Burf, your memory is PERFECT!! I got stuck before I knew what the quest would be, but it indeed was healing the elf woman. And the thing I didn't do was to USE the darn hourglass...not knowing the quest, I didn't realize how important that was. (My nearly 73 year old brain cell was obviously on a coffee break!) I used it, it worked, and I am happily back doing quests.

Thanks so much for your solution!

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Sep 12, 15 7:24 PM
You're very welcome! There will be other quests where all you have to do is use an item, so if you seem stuck, try that.

BTW, if you're having trouble coming up with the money to buy an hourglass or a lockpick for the chest puzzles, I suspect that you've been using your funds to buy many of the things that you are able to find just by doing hidden object scenes. I just play a bunch of hidden object scenes to get items and some weapons, then use the weapons to defeat some monsters and get more items. It takes longer, but then I have the gold or blue jewels to buy the things I really have a hard time getting otherwise, like the hourglass for you, or in my case, I've had to buy shells on top of shells. (Only Redeye Boars drop shells or they can be found in chests, but they rarely show up in chests for me, so I've had to buy bunches of them.)

When you click on a search location, like the Fisherman's House, you'll see what you might be rewarded with on the bottom. Sometimes there are several pages to scroll through, as items are added to the list the higher your level. So, when I need something in particular, like a spear to kill Redeye Boars, I look for a location that drops spears and then just keep playing that scene until I get what I need.

Edited on 09/12/2015 at 7:27:50 PM PST

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Sep 13, 15 6:24 PM
Didn't I mention the quest for healing the elf woman, and you said no, you haven't been there yet, EmeraldY ?

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Sep 14, 15 5:39 PM
Valdy wrote:Didn't I mention the quest for healing the elf woman, and you said no, you haven't been there yet, EmeraldY ?

Maybe EmeraldY will pop in and clear this up, but I think what happened was that she clicked too fast and didn't see what the quest was about. Just that Viridis wanted an hourglass. The only reason I remembered that hourglass part was because I remember being stumped for a while, too, but since he said to get it and use it, I just finally tried using it in a scene and it worked. (I was also a little annoyed that after running around getting all the ingredients for him, Viridis still hadn't made the potion! Seems like that elf needs an awful lot of hand-holding...)

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Sep 14, 15 9:41 PM
Hi burf90...

Isn't it funny? I don't actually remember needing an hourglass for that quest. LOL I only remember needing one for one of the HOS, where you have to use each one of the power-ups at some point as a quest.

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Sep 14, 15 10:07 PM
Hi Valdy.

It was a weird quest. Most of the quests are find these things or go here three times and you're done. But healing that elf was two separate quests. First make the collection, which I think EmeraldY did and assumed the elf was healed so that quest was out of the way, like I did. But then as soon as it was completed and you got your reward, he comes back immediately and says he can't make the potion without extra time, hence the hourglass.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Sep 14, 15 11:25 PM
Oh yes, I remember now him saying about the extra time. That might have been that part where I had to use an hourglass in a HOS. If so, then I only remember it as a separate quest. Never mind... I do tend to forget most things the moment I am finished with them.

Go to: