bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Nancy Drew Dossier: Resorting to Danger comments and reviews

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Aug 27, 09 1:10 AM
Our reviewers haven’t had a chance to get you a review of this game yet. We do value your reviews though, as do many of the other fish in our pond, so feel free to post your own and our Big Fish reviewers will be back to throw in their two cents as soon as possible!

Happy gaming !

havasulady
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

Re:Nancy Drew Dossier: Resorting to Danger comments and reviews

[Post New]by havasulady on Aug 27, 09 2:38 AM
I have a real problem reading the type, the fonts are extremely blurred.
Really enjoy the game, but it's such a strain to make it out, otherwise, I would purchase in a New York minute.

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Aug 27, 09 3:22 AM
Love it.

Everything about this game is terrific- the graphics, story, characters, gameplay and puzzles. Top notch and even better than the first dossier which I also liked.

I had played the demo and the game started where I left off, I could not figure out how to restart which is what I wanted to do but anyway... I will certainly play again from beginning when finished. ( edit: worked out how to start a new game when I went back to play more- too much hurry to play LOL)

Excellent

Edited on 08/27/2009 at 3:52:30 AM PST

[Post New]by EcclesCakes on Aug 27, 09 4:52 AM
This is a fine game, easily 5 stars. Graphics are clear and colourful. The interface is a bit complex, but readily learned. HInts are plentiful and, although there doesn't appear to be a skip function with puzzles, hints are available and I've not seen any time limits to worry about. Pair matching seems to be the primary approach. I've played through 6 levels, rushing a bit, in the first hour, and notice from the walkthrough there are over 30, so it should be a good length. Story is interesting, as is the setting. It's an easy purchase for me, and I will start over, liking to take my time and "smell the roses." BTW, voice acting is very well done and appreciated. Speaking of appreciation, thank you BFG for getting this game for your $6.99 listing!

Edited on 08/27/2009 at 4:58:29 AM PST

LogieBaby
Clownfish
Clownfish
603 Posts

[Post New]by LogieBaby on Aug 27, 09 5:26 AM
interesting format in matching up items, kind of the same as Enlightenus, the question is will this game have any solid replay value? My feeling is the same things will be sought game after game. This leads to memorization and that's not a good thing. I also wanted to drown the society matron in her mudbath!! Overall, not a keeper in my book.

[Post New]by Miniatures1 on Aug 27, 09 6:08 AM
A big no for me childish I will wait for the regular Nancy Drew in October!

redneck57
Catfish
Catfish
1,606 Posts

[Post New]by redneck57 on Aug 27, 09 6:15 AM
I really enjoyed the Demo. It is on my buy list. Good graphics, easy to follow directions, nice mini games. I've never played Nancy Drew because of the "large file". Are all the Nancy Drew games similar to this one?

Edited on 08/27/2009 at 6:33:01 AM PST

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Aug 27, 09 6:45 AM
Redneck, no. The only other similar one is the other Dossier.

purplehaze72
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,258 Posts

[Post New]by purplehaze72 on Aug 27, 09 6:48 AM
for me, excellent game play, nice graphics, just challenging enough to keep me wanting to play!!

redneck57
Catfish
Catfish
1,606 Posts

[Post New]by redneck57 on Aug 27, 09 6:49 AM
Thank you Mr_Russ

Kyttynjirr
Herring
Herring
346 Posts

[Post New]by Kyttynjirr on Aug 27, 09 6:53 AM
Thanks for all the reviews; now I know I want it!

FairyonPegasus
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,501 Posts

[Post New]by FairyonPegasus on Aug 27, 09 6:54 AM
Fantastic game! The mini games are original so far, although the molecules were a pain. I can't find anything to complain about. Looks like it will be a nice length also. I played for an hour with just 2 minutes left on the demo and just made it to the Ivory room to work on the second bomb. Loved the chitter chatter that actually made sense instead of blah, blah, blah, in the beauty salon. The conversations. Storyline.

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

[Post New]by Howatch on Aug 27, 09 8:36 AM
For those who don't know, there are six possible endings to the game (I'm assuming these depend on your total score at the end of the game, but there may be other factors involved--I'm not sure). There is one timed puzzle towards the end, but the game allows you to restart the puzzle and try again (like the Second Chance option in the other Nancy Drew games).

Robilyn
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,962 Posts

[Post New]by Robilyn on Aug 27, 09 10:00 AM
I am happy that Big Fish gave us a one hour demo. But it is not my thing. Too much talking and not enough game play. I have never played Nancy Drew before, now I know why.

lineck
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,140 Posts

[Post New]by lineck on Aug 27, 09 10:26 AM
Love the game bought it straight away, I do enjoy the ND games but some are too hard some too much of walking around,

This one is. to me differant to any other game I have played, a new concept, someone else said like Dosier Camera Lights, which I enjoyed I think it is differant to that also.but more in that line than Large Adventure type.

In all I think I have 8 ND games, This has plenty of clues if needed

Good on you Big Fish this is a winner

Lineck

Sante001
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
428 Posts

[Post New]by Sante001 on Aug 27, 09 10:51 AM
I Love this Drew game for several reasons. It's not as large as other ND games, it's got great graphics and a wonderful storyline, it's creatively using new ways to find HOs and the mini-games are just challenging enough to keep your interest. While I don't usually like ND games, this one is very different from the others. This is a sure purchase for me.

missy12
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,263 Posts

[Post New]by missy12 on Aug 27, 09 10:54 AM
can,t wait to try the game .have other to play first.been sick with flu,so i haven,t played anything.got a lot of catching up to do.i will have a busy weekend.Nancy drew HOG how cool is that .Can,t wait to try it.See you all later.Happy gaming.

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

[Post New]by Howatch on Aug 27, 09 11:20 AM
Personally I enjoy the dialogue in this game as I feel that it adds a lot of atmosphere and interest to the game. And, in this case, the dialogue is not just filler, as you need to pay attention to what is being said.

r3t1r3d
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by r3t1r3d on Aug 27, 09 12:51 PM
usually do not play large files games. since there was a demo available took a chance with this game. sooooooo glad! cant beleive we get so much for so little.

forensicMD
Clownfish
Clownfish
529 Posts

[Post New]by forensicMD on Aug 27, 09 1:12 PM
I do hope folks read these comments and don't just dismiss the game as a Nancy Drew and, therefore, like the others that have you wandering around wondering what you are supposed to do. I agree it is a great game and I am enjoying this game much more than I could possibly ever enjoy one of the large case file Nancy Drew games! I will be going back to try the other dossier game, as I assumed I would not like it because of the format, did not ever try it.

Go to: