The 100 Free Gift Limit

[Post New]by starmagicgreen on Sep 11, 15 6:31 PM
Hi to all players, Just wanted to create a discussion more for my explanation why I like to keep my neighbors @ 100. Of course its the free gift offer from BFG.
I find this a very important part of the game, the most supportive to neighbors, in addition to feeding into anything by contribution, mostly quests, but also the Valley. If I happen to have over a hundred neighbors I simply cant gift you a free item, even taking into consideration a sleeper. So I pick and choose like minded neighbors after a period of time.
I wish all new ex neighbors of mine the best of LUCK in the game.

My requirements regarding my choices are very specific, I choose neighbors that take the time to gift my wishlist, assuming I have one. ( I always try to). So, by the same token, if you are gifting me an item not wishlist specific and you have a wishlist, I'm not going to accomodate you, anymore. I will simply re-gift the item back to you or select
another item. .

Most of my neighbors are longtime,very longtime neighbors that I appreciate and hold in the highest regard. My thought is always, you understand how we play. My Thanks to all of you and hats off to my newer but extremely desirable neighbors! I really love the new graduating classes that have progressed.

achumannfaery
Catfish
Catfish
1,570 Posts

Re:The 100 Free Gift Limit

[Post New]by achumannfaery on Sep 11, 15 10:17 PM
I keep my hood well below 100. I gift by the wish list. Everyone else gets a random staple charge.

I accumulate my artifacts. Approx once a month, I gift all extras in full, to my lower level neighbors. I remember what it was like to need energy, experience, gold, gems, etc....I like to pay it forward. I learned from others above me to be generous and try to do the same. I also gift artifact pieces per the wl on a daily basis. Plus, what's the point of hoarding? I have achieved Collector Legend so why be so shallow as to not pay it forward? I find it rude of me to watch my neighbors struggle when I have so much to give....

I have previously expressed the positive rewards of a QUALITY neighborhood....I can no longer post thanks to specific expedition contributors as it's rare if I go for coffee and come back and it's NOT finished! I receive items requested in my wishlist. I rarely ask for bp items, but when I do, I am guaranteed a gift. My neighbors treat me so good! I love you all so much!

Oh, so back to backing up Star on her thread....Gift per the wish list....It is imperative for ability to level up and to keep neighbors.

Develop a hood that's right for you. Don't take offense if deleted and don't be offended by poor gifters you choose to delete. Find others that play and manage the same way and that is the hood for you!

ponypack
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by ponypack on Sep 11, 15 11:54 PM
Faery, you are my inspiration as always. I am fortunate to have you in my hood. I have also gifted artifacts to lower level players, for much the same reasons as you stated. My question is this,When I do gift an artifact does the player also receive the exp. points, gold and items which come with assembling an artifact? I've wondered this for a while but never sought an answer. I've never been fortunate enough to achieve the crowns for collecting,is there a stratagy that can help achieve this?Other than play,play and play some more? I have finally realized that you have to start on the correct day and to concentrate on one particular crown. Does it count if you don't play a ghost but just chase it away? Are there particular rooms which play best for different crowns?

And to the subject at hand I believe that is more like fair play to others if you don't accumulate gobs of neighbors so that we can gift all of our neighbors more or less equally although I do try to give preference to the lower levels in gifting backpack items by checking the lowest ones WL first before doing my daily gifting (only because I'm not high enough to have a very full Bp).

Now let me say "HUZZAH" to players such as you and Star magic- you are why this game is so enjoyable!!

tdskm
Clownfish
Clownfish
517 Posts

[Post New]by tdskm on Sep 12, 15 3:15 AM
all 3 of these players are in my neighborhood. I am so lucky to have them for neighbors and many more like them. it has taken time to get such a great bunch of neighbors. It takes work just like a garden but the work is worth it when you are finished. I gift from the wish list if there is one. the problem is many never have a wish list so they get the most common charges used.I have a few that gift what ever but because they gift almost everyday, they stay so I can get the items from their neighborhoods when I visit. Sleepers I keep for awhile and if they have not posted about being gone, I weed them out. I try to gift bp items to lower players, as I remember those days as well when I had no money,charges,crystals or experience.Still learning the game and try to pass on the knowledge I received from fellow players to the newbies. I have learned ask questions.
ponypack- it takes a lot of work to receive those crowns and I just don't have the time for that with work, so I just play the game and enjoy.It takes me so long to get just a few ghosts,artifacts etc. that when I look at those scores, I run in the other direction. question- is it easier if you are in a guide or play comp etc.
long winded this morning,must be the coffee. thanks neighbors you are the best!!!

clm5457
Catfish
Catfish
1,588 Posts

[Post New]by clm5457 on Sep 12, 15 10:59 AM
I feel the same as you guys. I have 92 neighbors and that's plenty for me. Sometimes my wishlist is empty because I have over 600 charges. Those that send me more, that's fine. I do not put a backpack item on because I feel at my level I can find it or buy it myself. I also try to help the lower level players so they will keep playing. When one thanks me for sending something, I tell them to hang in there, it will get better.

I am very thankful I have some great neighbors. Some have been with me for 2 yrs. A good neighborhood is what it takes to get far in this game that we love.

wrenbird
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
402 Posts

[Post New]by wrenbird on Sep 12, 15 11:24 AM
ponypack, having been on the receiving end of entire artifact pieces from very generous neighbours, I can tell you that I did receive the exp. points, gold, and item once I assembled the artifact. It was a huge help to me when I started out. It enabled me to level up much quicker and I am grateful to all my wonderful neighbours who thought of me and so kindly sent artifact pieces to help me out without me even asking. These are the neighbours that are still with me, and will remain so as long as we are playing RoM. I am so fortunate to have the exceptionally wonderful neighbours that I have, and I never take them for granted.

As for the ghost crowns in Legends, it does count towards your score if you choose to just chase them away rather than play them through. I prefer to play them through because then I feel as if I've earned it, but in a time crunch, I will chase it away.

I keep my neighbourhood at around 50, so I always have enough free items, bp items, and dragon food to help out. I never want one of my neighbours to feel neglected, and having a small number, enables me to tend to them all equally.

ponypack
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by ponypack on Sep 12, 15 7:32 PM
Just the answers I was hoping for, thanks! Now to find a couple more newbies to "pet" LOL! I will have room (and time) for 2 more neighbors soon so any suggestions? Not that I'm not thankful for all my neighbors, just want a chance to "share the wealth" with someone who might really need it! Darn everything I say sounds wrong,all "need" just would like to share it forward!?

Edited on 09/12/2015 at 7:39:47 PM PST

achumannfaery
Catfish
Catfish
1,570 Posts

[Post New]by achumannfaery on Sep 13, 15 6:48 AM
ponypack, thank you for your kind words. You are so sweet

As for acquiring new neighbors, either check the "post your neighbor code" thread and see if anyone there might be a suitable addition to your hood. It's always fun to add new neighbors and see what they have to offer as well. I have met some of the most amazing people here!

thurber
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
482 Posts

[Post New]by thurber on Sep 13, 15 12:35 PM
Sheesh, you guys are so boring. You all play like I do which is why all of you except ponypack are my fabulous and much appreciated neighbors! I'll see if I can remedy that omission.

After playing a long time and being disappointed and frustrated by some of the continuing glitches and less than fun weekly quests, the foundation of the game for me has become my neighbors and the friendships I've developed with folks I'll probably never meet in person. To gift a needed item or say a daily silent, "Hello, hope you're doing well," when I visit, the occasional cheery PM or in-game message - these are important to me and keep me in the game.

Also important is the opportunity to help newer players, especially through the difficult first 100 levels. I start my daily gifting with my lowest level players so that I can be sure to be able to gift them backpack items. I remember how frustrating it was to be a new player constantly waiting for renewed energy or needed artifact items to come my way.

I keep my neighborhood right around 100 for all the reasons you others have mentioned. Thanks you guys, for helping me and being a major part of why I'm still here. Also for keping your lawns mowed!

achumannfaery
Catfish
Catfish
1,570 Posts

[Post New]by achumannfaery on Sep 13, 15 5:13 PM
Thurber, you expressed my sentiments more eloquently. Such a beautiful lady you are!

I concur, the foundation is the neighborhood. I have enjoyed learning of different cultures, professions, etc. Such a diverse bunch, yet we meld. In the beginning, I would duel while waiting for my energy to refresh. That is how I met Suzey, who has since left us, but was my ally during the "learning" phase. I made many great friends, who not only in the game, but in real life, have supported me when I needed them. I too, doubt to ever meet any of my wonderful neighbors but each and every one has a dear place in my heart.

@ponypack and others....I just recalled after thinking about Thurber, a GREAT way to get GREAT neighbors is via forum posts....There is nothing more flattering then to receive a pm saying "I like what you have to say in the forum...wanna be neighbors" or something to that effect I have received and sent the gist of that pm and have made wonderful friends that way!

Edited on 09/13/2015 at 9:01:57 PM PST

wrenbird
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
402 Posts

[Post New]by wrenbird on Sep 14, 15 12:10 PM
Faery, you are so kind and thoughtful to think of the LL players and to try and help out by sending them valuable BP items so they may level up faster. I know I appreciated this so much, and still do when any of my neighbours choose to send me a BP item or paid for item. It is always a wonderful surprise and I appreciate everything I receive. I am in awe of the generosity and kindness of many of my neighbours, and even people who are not my neighbours based on what I read in the forum. The kindness and thoughtfulness is overwhelming and is the main reason I continue to play this game!

Faery said:

"@ponypack and others....I just recalled after thinking about Thurber, a GREAT way to get GREAT neighbors is via forum posts....There is nothing more flattering then to receive a pm saying "I like what you have to say in the forum...wanna be neighbors" or something to that effect I have received and sent the gist of that pm and have made wonderful friends that way!"

I too, have met some of my best neighbours this way, and I'm glad you mentioned it!

rianael1
Guppy
Guppy
146 Posts

[Post New]by rianael1 on Sep 14, 15 2:02 PM
I just stumbled across this thread, and while I am late to the party, had to say thank you as well for the entire artifact pieces I received from very generous higher layer players - many of whom are on this thread . Just as wrenbird said, it was so very helpful and appreciated!

Go to: