bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Sprill and Ritchie: Adventures in Time comments and reviews

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Aug 28, 09 1:06 AM
Our reviewers haven’t had a chance to get you a review of this game yet. We do value your reviews though, as do many of the other fish in our pond, so feel free to post your own and our Big Fish reviewers will be back to throw in their two cents as soon as possible!

cheffie45
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

Re:Sprill and Ritchie: Adventures in Time comments and reviews

[Post New]by cheffie45 on Aug 28, 09 1:55 AM
I loveeeeeeeeee it!! Awesome graphics, awesome story line. I bought it!
Seems good in length too, i had to stop after buying , i need sleep, going on vacation for my bday on Sat ! But bet bottom dollar i will finish this game when i get back !

lineck
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,140 Posts

[Post New]by lineck on Aug 28, 09 1:57 AM
Just finished the 1 hours demo it is a good game not great but good enough for 6.99 it is a H O with puzzles within that are so far very easy, give 3 compared to yesturday ND 5 but if you like hidden object and want a bit relax in between chasing dogs and finding bombs it is okay.

It is colourful and no chatter all written.

Cheers

Lineck

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Aug 28, 09 2:21 AM
This game has 2 strengths in my eyes. Length of the game- many levels and sure to last hours and hours- but most important to me - the puzzles. The puzzles in this game are fun and plentiful. Not all the puzzles/mini games are wonderful but you can skip them - like I ended up doing for the Kraken mini game.

When first playing (I did demo this at the developers site some time ago) I got the impression of easy gameplay and boring puzzles but it does change for the better and it does get more challenging. The hidden object portion is average, find all the coins, buttons type searches, or everything modern/ancient with some interactivity to help find the items but pleasant enough.

I do find the graphics slight grainy but this game actually does play full wide screen for me. Sprill and Ritchie and the way the story is presented is cute.

This game will please those that like lots of puzzles and long length of game play and I ended up dishing out a credit.

edit again: the more I play it the more I like it.

Edited on 08/28/2009 at 6:59:04 AM PST

[Post New]by EcclesCakes on Aug 28, 09 2:25 AM
I was disappointed, and will likely be in a minority. Perhaps the latest Drew Dossier and Isabella have spoiled me. It's lovely graphically, but the screens are cluttered. I used 6 hints on the first screen alone to find pieces of the darn broken pig. Puzzles are easy, and I can see my grandson enjoying the cartoony style, except for those cluttered screens. After 40 minutes, I gave up. Glad I didn't rush right into a purchase. 3 stars based on what I played.

Edit: I'm kicking it up to 4 thumbs up. Did buy it, and the variety, length and good mini-games have impressed me. Also, I think my grandson and I can enjoy it together.

Edited on 08/28/2009 at 10:37:55 AM PST

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Aug 28, 09 3:05 AM
I think this is a super game! Briefly as I have stuff to do tomorrow:

Terrific graphics throughout (tho a little blurry on cut scene close-ups on my HD wide screen played on full screen). Many different resolution options as well as Wide Screen and Full Screen. Sorry no Windowed as far as I can see.

Cleverly well hidden objects. Sure, some are easy but have needed a Hint (refillable) on almost every scene. I LOVE that some object lists are not spelled out and you have to figure what's needed, like packing for his trip Sprill is not given a list you just use logic on what you might take.

Little hand holding beyond basics. Example: Ritchie says to fight the Kraken, but that's it, no more clues as to how. A few sparkly places but I needed to figure out how to proceed. I like this tho folks who want stuff clearly spelled out might not.

Some Arcade style minis (skippable) but *very* forgiving. I had absolutely no problem with two "quick clicks" so far. I can not say that for ND.

Sounds good, musics ok, all sounds adjustable. No spoken dialog for which I am grateful.

Poodlebear Approved!

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Aug 28, 09 3:10 AM
Although it's my cup of tea, this time I hesitate - I don't like to search for "20 pieces", or "all the food (15)", or "all the parts" (17). I prefer to search for 5 parts of one object, i.e. to "build" it.

Have to think if to buy it or not. Though lovely game and good puzzles.

Woofie53
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,145 Posts

[Post New]by Woofie53 on Aug 28, 09 4:12 AM
Hi everybody!!

I love the game!!! The only drawback so far, that I can see, is the hint system. I don't like the fact that a hint finds the actual piece and clicks it. I like looking for the part when the hint gives a general area or tells you where it is, but lets you click on it yourself. Other than that it's a great game. I will be buying it. Haven't decided whether to buy it now or what until my game credit comes on the 6th. I don't get paid until the 3rd so money is very tight right now. As has been said by others, the graphics are great. I also like the fact that it tells you how many objects you need to get to complete something you build/make. Makes you think and makes the game more challenging.This would also help teach younger kids how to focus.

I have the 1st Sprill but haven't finished it. I think I will do that before I buy the game so that I know more about Sprills adventures in the game.

Have a great Saturday everyone!!

MoreOver
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by MoreOver on Aug 28, 09 4:51 AM
I've owned this one for a while now and really enjoy playing it. It should be long enough for those who want their HOGs on the longish side. Over 20 levels for sure. I, too, like how they let you decide what to find - like packing his suitcase. And you do find parts of machines and put them together. Some are really hard to find too.

I'd give it 4 fins (we really need a fin smilie) just for the fact that it's a fun game.

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Aug 28, 09 4:58 AM
Wanted to add this is definitely a nice long game. I have put nearly 3 hours in and abt 2/3 done, so for sure 4 hours for me or longer. I have used some hints.

Some puzzles are real noodlers, others pretty simple. I have not had any more Arcade style minis since the Kraken (so just 2 so far) so that's a

Really enjoying this one but off to bed.

besstan
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,053 Posts

[Post New]by besstan on Aug 28, 09 5:35 AM
i just finished playing sprill bermuda triangle testerday what a suprise to see a new sprill i love it it much better than the bermuda one that goes on forever but i hope this does and not a short one good puzzels besstan

88blyth
Catfish
Catfish
1,705 Posts

[Post New]by 88blyth on Aug 28, 09 7:05 AM
i am half way through the trial and i love it, cant decide whether to buy now or wait untill the trial is over, i like it that you have to think about what you are looking for (as other posts have said), i also like the mini games, i usually skip them if possible during a free trial, but this game i have played them.... x x x x

dtouchton
Manatee
Manatee
4,156 Posts

[Post New]by dtouchton on Aug 28, 09 7:24 AM
EcclesCakes wrote:I was disappointed, and will likely be in a minority. Perhaps the latest Drew Dossier and Isabella have spoiled me. It's lovely graphically, but the screens are cluttered. I used 6 hints on the first screen alone to find pieces of the darn broken pig. Puzzles are easy, and I can see my grandson enjoying the cartoony style, except for those cluttered screens. After 40 minutes, I gave up. Glad I didn't rush right into a purchase. 3 stars based on what I played.

Well, I'll join you in the minority. I had played this somewhere else so it continued where I left off. Although the graphics are good, alot of the items are very small and some are almost off of the page. Trying to find calculator buttons that are at the top and bottom of screen was nearly impossibe. Thank goodness for hints. But, I don't like playing a game where I constantly have to use the hint buttom. Don't think I will be buying this one. Much prefer ND and Isabella over this one.

Gentlsong
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,865 Posts

[Post New]by Gentlsong on Aug 28, 09 8:19 AM
Like others, I am really enjoying this game! I've played almost the entire trial and will definitely be buying! I think this is a terrific game and have already run into some things I hadn't seen before in a game. I liked the take on how they had you put together the diagram rather than just making another jigsaw puzzle. I also like that everything you're requested to do so far fits into the storyline very well. I agree that I'd rather the hints be HINTS rather than answers, but I can live with that...this time. LOL!

I also like the fact that some scenes have no list but make you think about what you need to collect...however...I am VERY glad there isn't any penalty for extra clicks!!

The graphics are great, and so far the objects have been easily identified. I really like the way some objects are so cleverly hidden and that the objects for each scene (even if somewhat tossed about at times) are ones that you might expect to find in that particular scene.

I did have a sort of strange reaction at first when reading the dialog because it made me think that because of the characters' facial animations, I should have been hearing their voices. However, when I looked closer at this, I realized their mouth movements don't really fit the words I'm reading.

biomix
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,854 Posts

[Post New]by biomix on Aug 28, 09 8:21 AM
I really love this game. I love the animation. It had me right at the get go.
The music is good. The characters are totally amusing, just too cute. I love the dialogue. It is simply delightful. Love the puzzles. Better than the 1st. But now I may want to buy the 1st and play it before I play this one. I didn't think it was too childlike. And I love that the items are hard to find. I played quickly on the demo to make sure the game had no glitches and was compatible with my system, but I will start it over and take my time and enjoy every minute. The hint system is great. I bought it.
Thank you Big Fish. Two in a row for me. I'm in heaven....

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Aug 28, 09 8:53 AM
Thanks Bfg! I waited for this since a few weekes. I tested it on the website from the developer and I found this game awesome. I will definitely buy it.
I give it /

Sante001
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
428 Posts

[Post New]by Sante001 on Aug 28, 09 9:38 AM
In short, this is a great game. It looks easy and childish from the beginning, but don't let that fool you. It get more difficult as you play. I played the full demo and will most likely buy. Good graphics and storyline. Can't speak to the music since I really turn the sound on.

ecblisa
Stingray
Stingray
5,078 Posts

[Post New]by ecblisa on Aug 28, 09 10:16 AM
Poodle pretty much said it all. I liked the first Sprill game, but this one is better. The objects are sometimes quite difficult to find, but the hints recharge quickly. (I do wish the "hint" was just a circle around the object, not an actual grab of the object.) I like the fact that some of the tasks are different from others (find modern objects versus find nuts and bolts), and you have to figure out how and in what order to use tools ("sparkles" aren't as much of a help as you might think, because they may do nothing at all until the right moment).

I am not a great fan of "arcade" minigames because I am too slow with my hands to be good at them, but if I can play with one for a while and then skip it, I don't mind so long as there are not many (which there aren't).

I loved the "priests" mini-game in the Egypt scene. A hard jisaw puzzle after you have to take five specified "pictures", which I also found to be a fun task, given that you seem to get unlimited tries, and are told which part you got wrong.

All in all, about my level of HOG, which means, pretty, pleasant, imaginative, but not too frustrating (and NOOOO timer!).

cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

[Post New]by cesse47 on Aug 28, 09 2:34 PM
I'm also enjoying this game. Can't buy it right now as I'm down to one credit ... and am saving for that "special" game I hope is coming either this weekend or next!!
....But, I have several games with demos finished sitting on my Game Manager ... so, I'm ready for the next promotion!! lol

LogieBaby
Clownfish
Clownfish
603 Posts

[Post New]by LogieBaby on Aug 28, 09 2:34 PM
I have not even demoed the game yet, just read the posts here. I'm always puzzled when some people say the objects are too small. While I would never want all of them to be miniscule, isn't object size part of the challenge??
I will temper this comment with deference to those fish who have eyesight problems.

Now I'm off to demo the game

Go to: