Trina & The Airship

ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

Trina & The Airship

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on Sep 12, 15 5:40 AM
Something is WRONG.

Once again this morning, I clicked on Trina. She wanted some wheels & a magic shard. Clicked on the wheels portion it sent me to the airship. Sent items. Given 165 wheels. Was able to fulfill the quests.. yipee!

BUT, the very next quest wants 19 more wheels, but my game isn't crediting the airship I just sent. When I click on the wheel portion of Trina's quest, it sends me to the airship dock AGAIN. And it just left!!

I'd like to determine if this is an issue with just my game, or others too. Anyone else?

NoFishToday
Salmon
Salmon
2,712 Posts

Re:Trina & The Airship

[Post New]by NoFishToday on Sep 12, 15 6:15 AM
Yes, this happened to me too. Trina wanted the airship sent twice in a row. Crafty way to get us to spend diamonds? Not such a big deal to call the airship back, or waiting four hours, problem for me these days is getting the airship items! I have been playing for a couple of hours and have received only two (yes two) clay tablets. So, my airship sits. And once you send it again, she'll probably ask for it again. I don't think we get to "save" extra wheels.

ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on Sep 12, 15 6:24 AM
I never knew we didn't accrue those airship wheels. Then that makes her quests even crazier. So for umpteen airship items I get 25 coins, and a magic key? And as of now the magic key only opens items to buy in my private room?

Seems way too tilted for my taste. I would suggest a re-thinking of this game option.

aussie_Dot
Flounder
Flounder
2,429 Posts

[Post New]by aussie_Dot on Sep 12, 15 7:28 AM
Have done 6 quests for Trina so far & have the 7th waiting to be done. So far I have sent the airship for 17 steering wheels (Quest 2). Next quest (Quest 3)18 steering wheels. Quest 6 - 49 steering wheels. Quest 7- 50 steering wheels. If it keeps going up it is going to be a real problem for those players on the lower levels.

It didn't accrue. I got between 190 - 263 steering wheels each time I sent the airship & it made no difference. I still had to send the airship each time. Note: Quest 2 & Quest 3 are consecutive sending of the airship. Quests 6 & 7 are consecutive sending of the airship.

When you get into the quests needing 49/50 steering wheels, you get 37 coins + a Golden Key.

Wondering once you have all the spots opened in your room, what is the Golden Key going to be used for? Dust collector??

DKGuild
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by DKGuild on Sep 12, 15 7:51 AM
Perhaps same as the presents?? :p

FishyFemale
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,174 Posts

[Post New]by FishyFemale on Sep 12, 15 9:13 AM
aussie_Dot wrote:
Wondering once you have all the spots opened in your room, what is the Golden Key going to be used for? Dust collector??

Maybe it'll be to open a cabinet to hold the feather duster and other "needed" things for our private rooms?

I'm being sarcastic, of course, and find this latest update somewhat underwhelming, especially to those who've topped out on their games. I'm only in my low 50s and in no hurry to fall further behind in the levels so I'm not complaining about anything, but this new update does not further the story along and is there to seemingly just deplete our inventories of everything so that we'll buy our way through Trina's quests. It's a brilliant marketing ploy because they're depending on the stereotype of women who love to shop (I'm not one of those so I'll not be "furthering" my private room...sorry). It's a chore to collect the amount of coins needed to craft things and to open new areas already so I'm certainly not going to waste them on buying things just to pretty up a room. Unless there's a good reason (for the PLAYER's benefit and not the dev's) to upgrade our private room, I'll just hold onto my coins for now, thank you, and concentrate on moving forward in the story by doing what I've been doing.

The only thing I do like about the update is the ability to visit our friends' rooms and collect the golden butterflies. That's definitely a teaser and I can only hope that they make the private room actually mean more to us than just this. I've seen them do this in their other games where the CE counts these as achievements. For those who like this in their gameplay, I can see what the attraction is. But for me, I just need more progression in the actual storyline to stay interested.

ETA: There's one more thing I like about this latest update that I must acknowledge. I appreciate how the inventory is now separated and cataloged for easier viewing and access.
Now can we just please have some function for the gift boxes next time?

Edited on 09/12/2015 at 10:02:37 AM PST

cynththemoler
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,948 Posts

[Post New]by cynththemoler on Sep 12, 15 10:14 AM
Have just commented on another thread that it seems to me this game is becoming more pay to play than free to play!

ETA Forgot to say I agree with everything you have written FishyFemale

Edited on 09/12/2015 at 10:16:47 AM PST

cynththemoler
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,948 Posts

[Post New]by cynththemoler on Sep 12, 15 10:19 AM
jrbutcher wrote:can someone enlighten me about crafting the creation of the world? it say it might take a week and I have a question mark in the crafting...what do this mean?

Possibly you haven't a piece required to craft it. The week bit is only referring to the creation of our world

Each item for crafting has a "funny" above it.

Edited on 09/12/2015 at 10:21:08 AM PST

Fabrette
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by Fabrette on Sep 12, 15 10:27 AM
I've just installed the upgrade and 'acquired ' our Trina, (bless her)- I'm not the least bit interested in spending hard earned coins to pretty up an ugly little room. Sorry devs. Try a bit harder next time.

lcjdqs
Clownfish
Clownfish
691 Posts

[Post New]by lcjdqs on Sep 12, 15 10:55 AM
What are these wheels you all are talking about? Trina asks me to play rooms and for magic shards in order to get keys. I have done 5 quests with her and have never been asked for a wheel. smile

NoFishToday
Salmon
Salmon
2,712 Posts

[Post New]by NoFishToday on Sep 12, 15 11:05 AM
lcjdqs wrote:What are these wheels you all are talking about? Trina asks me to play rooms and for magic shards in order to get keys. I have done 5 quests with her and have never been asked for a wheel. smile

"Wheels" are what you receive for sending the airship. You do not accumulate them and they are not in your inventory, but the airship will tell you how many wheels the items you send off are "worth". Lucky you that you have not had this one yet!

kiki232627
Minnow
Minnow
210 Posts

[Post New]by kiki232627 on Sep 12, 15 12:20 PM
Now Trina, after having sent the airship a couple of times, asks me to open zoom zoom areas. The first time was 5ZZ, the second 6ZZ and the third is 7ZZ!

Jackie34918
Flounder
Flounder
2,054 Posts

[Post New]by Jackie34918 on Sep 12, 15 12:31 PM
I go to ZZs only when my regular quests requires it, therefore fulfilling Trina's quest and my other characters quest at the same time. As long as you have pressed on OK for Trina's quest, each time you go to a ZZ, they will count.

gohill
Stingray
Stingray
4,715 Posts

[Post New]by gohill on Sep 12, 15 12:37 PM
The requests from Trina seem to be more involved on my level 44 game than on my two alt games at level 17 each... which leads me to believe, the higher you are in the game, the more Trina will want from you...

Beckster5569
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by Beckster5569 on Sep 12, 15 1:16 PM
Say, I was just wondering if maybe there are going to be more rooms, like maybe after you open all of the areas in this one another one opens? When you first go into this room in the top left corner it says something like "player's room 1". You can change it to personalize the room the way you want but it definately had a "1" at the end of it. What do you think???

Have fun in the Castle!!!
Beckster

Dhyaniland
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,074 Posts

[Post New]by Dhyaniland on Sep 12, 15 2:30 PM
I agree, the Trina Quests (like some of the Gnome Quests) depletes our Inventories. Keeping in mind the Christmas and Spring Events required Feeding our Pets and sending Airships over and over to get the Event Items . . . I want to be prepared for the next Event, which will be Christmas or earlier.

So, my current thinking is to hold off on the Pet & Airship Quests for both Trina and the Gnome so I can build up my Pet Food and Airship Items. Unless the Gnome & Trina Guests both want Pet Feeding and/or Airships sent. Then I get double bang for my Food & Airship depletion.

The Gnome Quests reset at Midnight PST anyway, but my Trina Quest did NOT change at Midnight. IF that holds true, then the Trina ZZ Quests can be satisfied along with the regular Character Quests on my Lower Level Castle. My Level 65 Castles are SOL on this issue.

Does that make sense?

XXOO ~ Dhyani

Edited on 09/12/2015 at 2:33:50 PM PST

thistle809
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by thistle809 on Sep 12, 15 2:42 PM
jrbutcher wrote:can someone enlighten me about crafting the creation of the world? it say it might take a week and I have a question mark in the crafting...what do this mean?

The mention of "it might take a week" is just a reference to taking seven days to create the earth. (You are trying to craft "Creation of the World", right?) The question mark in your crafting area means that there is a part not yet available to you for that item. You either have an HOS or Zoom Zone that needs to be opened or you need to be at a higher level (and open the appropriate HOS or Zoom Zone) to get that piece for the crafted object.

Edited on 09/12/2015 at 6:43:48 PM PST

thistle809
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by thistle809 on Sep 12, 15 2:46 PM
cynththemoler wrote:Have just commented on another thread that it seems to me this game is becoming more pay to play than free to play!

I agree!

I have said since I began playing that the entire premise behind this game was "Pay-To-Play". It simply becomes more evident with each update.

thistle809
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by thistle809 on Sep 12, 15 2:49 PM
In reference to the airship: I posted in another thread:

I have discovered that there is a bit of a hiccup when you send an airship as a requirement for one of Trina's quests for a Golden Key. If you do not click on the link in that quest to go to the airship directly, you will not get credit for sending it. I am not the only one who has had this happen.

When it happened to me, I tried a little experiment. I used four diamonds (A huge sacrifice for someone who cannot afford to spend cash in the game!) to get the airship back right away. Fortunately, I had enough of the items it required and I opened Trina's quest, clicked on the link for that requirement, packed and sent the airship and that time I received credit!

I have sent an inquiry to Customer Support with a Dr. Felix report attached. Let's see what happens next.

(I play on a PC.)

lcjdqs
Clownfish
Clownfish
691 Posts

[Post New]by lcjdqs on Sep 12, 15 3:53 PM
That is really good to know. I will not do her request she wants now as she wants 40 shards. That is just to much of my inventory. I think they want us with this update tp deplete our inventory and then do the update foe chamberlain. So I will wait until another one comes along. I am half blind and crippled in both hands so i work real hard to earn inventory and coins. Not going to spend the last months work in 2 or 3 days. smile

Go to: