rpf3
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

Can't pass level 8-4

[Post New]by rpf3 on Aug 28, 09 12:38 PM
I have been playing for weeks. I can't get pass level 8-4. Any suggestions. It keeps sending me back to 8-1.

Re:Can't pass level 8-4

[Post New]by marfr1 on Sep 25, 09 4:47 PM
I got the same problem . It seems this level should the penultimate one rather than part way through almost .

Csustar
Clownfish
Clownfish
565 Posts

[Post New]by Csustar on Sep 29, 09 10:11 AM
This was extremely hard for me. I finally learned that there is some strategy to be played in this game and not just shoot as fast as you can to burst the bubbles, so to speak.
Practice on some of the lower levels to shoot through the line you just burst some bubbles in, to burst ones above it, always try to take note of what your second ball color is, or if you need too, reverse the colors to make this happen, this really makes the line back up and gets rid of more in a short period of time. Sometimes if you have the time, you can set up the colors so when you burst one set, the others coming together will burst also, once I got 4 sets to do this.
Also when you have the lightning rod thing, if you will left click, so you can save it when you have a line of onesies, of all the different colors.
If you are doing all this anyway, just keep on keeping on.
I finally made it through and actually got to Level 13-10 but could not beat that level, it is VICIOUS! LOL!! I have never heard of anyone beating it.

[Post New]by travelyn on Nov 23, 09 8:36 PM
I know! I'm getting sick of level 8-4. Once I won it and then lost 8-5!! So I'm still going 8-1 to 8-4, trying to beat it again. Gets a bit old. 13 sounds vicious!

4mica
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by 4mica on Jan 19, 10 1:22 PM
Its so difficult?! People I want to know if it worth buying it or not. This is not a game I am good at!

msmeesh
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by msmeesh on Feb 8, 10 12:24 PM
I gave up on Luxor months ago because of that same problem. You'd spend days on one particular level only to get sent back to the beginning, time after time.

I'm giving Luxor Amun Rising a chance. They have beginner, intermediate and expert playing levels. I chose beginner and because of my skills from beating my head on Luxor, I'm flying through the levels. There's no huge differencew yet. It just seems the game gives beginners more time to defeat one column before it sends the next one out. Plus you get more high number grouped colors. I'm on level 5-4 and I've got 8 lives and counting. I want to get through the game and if it's not rediculous like Luxor I I'll come back and play intermediate. So far so good.

phatkhat
Stingray
Stingray
5,001 Posts

[Post New]by phatkhat on Feb 23, 10 8:55 PM
I have played Luxor through many times, but even so, the last level sometimes beats me. Even when I arrive with 40+ lives, LOL.

IMHO, the hardest levels are Khufu and the pyramid one. They are especially hard when you have a lot of "onesies".

I've played Amun through several times on each level, and it is doable, as well. I think Amun is a bit easier anyway. But Luxor is still my favorite game of all games. It's a challenge no matter how many times you play it! Gotta love the scorpion power up in Amun!

[Post New]by waynearcuri on Jan 24, 13 11:50 AM
Hey People...Can't the programmers go back and fix this game. I have not been able to get past the level now for several weeks and why would they make it that way. I like a tough game but this is out of the question....Any ideas??...Thanks Wayne

[Post New]by waynearcuri on Feb 20, 13 8:59 AM
OK All I finally got pass 8-4 several time but after you get past the complete stage you find the same trouble with 11-4 and then 11-5 & 11-8 are killers too and then if you don't make it you have to start at 11-1 again...Yikes!!!!..AnywayI just got past 11-8 with one love left...It has taken me a month or so playing a few hours a day to do this...Good luck...Some of the sugestions above do work but it's Not Easy!...Wayne

[Post New]by c_loo_less on Nov 18, 13 11:27 AM
Don't get me wrong - I love a challenge. But when you try, and try, and try again and never get above a level, you tend to lose heart! I love the Luxor series, and I don't think any of the subsequent games were this hard. I guess the developers toned it down after this one!

Go to: