hickorybabe
Minnow
Minnow
224 Posts

Help having trouble playing this

[Post New]by hickorybabe on Aug 29, 09 12:44 AM
Hi is any 1 else having trouble playing this mine keeps freezing up when it makes long matches would like some help with this please I like the game but on the freezes it takes about 5 min for me to be able to do anything any suggestions plase? Thank you

Fransje66
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,217 Posts

Re:Help having trouble playing this

[Post New]by Fransje66 on Aug 29, 09 1:14 AM
Same here, Hickory.
Bad graphics and bad (slow) running.
The first level took 8 minutes.
Not - worthy!

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Aug 29, 09 3:28 AM
Yep, me too. If I get a long chain of matches it slows to a stop. It doesn't freeze entirely and does start up normally after a little bit, but clearly some issue there.

Not a big concern for me because No Relaxed = No Sale but it does seem a bit buggy. Also had a power up not work correctly I *think* tho might have used incorrectly.

I like the graphics myself, and game play seems interesting, but for reason(s) above no buy for me.

Muam
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

[Post New]by Muam on Aug 29, 09 5:45 AM
I dont have any sound, and i dont save.

SairBelle
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

[Post New]by SairBelle on Aug 29, 09 6:58 AM
I can't even get far enough to make matches. From the title screen to any other scene that contained the water effect, I lost control of the pointer and had issues doing the simplest task. i looked for a way to turn off custom cursor in the options, but didn't find that option.

Gill_Dudley
Minnow
Minnow
248 Posts

[Post New]by Gill_Dudley on Aug 29, 09 7:24 AM
Just downloaded and was about to start playing before i even got to the opening titles the screen started flashing madly this is a risk if anyone d/l this game who has epilepsy this could be a real risk for them. The only way I could get rid of it was to do the old control alt delete, yet another BF game that I have not been able to trial, that is 3 in 2 weeks

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Aug 29, 09 8:04 AM
Game hangs for me too.

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

[Post New]by Howatch on Aug 29, 09 8:14 AM
Well, I thought I would weigh in here, at least in terms of performance issues or the lack thereof. I haven't played long enough to evaluate the game as a game, yet.

No issues whatsoever. Windows XP, 2 gigs of RAM, and an ATI Radeon HD 2400 card with 256 megs of video memory. It looks like this game uses accelerated graphics, so the video card of the player is probably more important here than some games (although I don't know this for sure). It would be interesting to know what the video card/amount of video memory is for those having freezes/lags.

I did read elsewhere that the game has 90 levels. I'm going to play a bit more now so that I can comment on the actual game.

Edited on 08/29/2009 at 8:15:30 AM PST

ecblisa
Stingray
Stingray
5,078 Posts

[Post New]by ecblisa on Aug 29, 09 9:09 AM
The game also hangs up for me every time I get a big cascade. I would try to figure out if I could do something to my system to overcome that (with a little help from Dr. Felix), but I won't be buying this one anyway.

The bigger issue for me is the very severe timer, especially for boards that seem (at least so far) to create difficulty mainly by making those impossible-to-match empty corner cells that don't fill on their own (you have to move tokens into them manually). It is very easy to get hung up on one cell for a while. So far, I haven't gotten enough power-ups to always blast the recalcitrant tiles. I will buy a game with a very slow timer, but not one where I start timing out before I've finished an hour of the game.

I also really dislike not being able to use click-and-drag to move tiles. Because my hands are stiff, I easily mis-click, or accidentally double-click, and having to click on the two tokens to trade rather than click-and-drag just one is a hardship for me.

It's a shame that a game that otherwise seems to have a lot of potential insists on not accommodating those of us who are not so physically able.

I give it for quality graphics.

Gill_Dudley
Minnow
Minnow
248 Posts

[Post New]by Gill_Dudley on Aug 29, 09 9:12 AM
Howatch wrote:Well, I thought I would weigh in here, at least in terms of performance issues or the lack thereof. I haven't played long enough to evaluate the game as a game, yet.

No issues whatsoever. Windows XP, 2 gigs of RAM, and an ATI Radeon HD 2400 card with 256 megs of video memory. It looks like this game uses accelerated graphics, so the video card of the player is probably more important here than some games (although I don't know this for sure). It would be interesting to know what the video card/amount of video memory is for those having freezes/lags.

I did read elsewhere that the game has 90 levels. I'm going to play a bit more now so that I can comment on the actual game.

I have a games laptop 6 months old running Vista Home Premium I would have thought that this would have an accelerated graphics card. I have tried to play it now 4 times still the same flashing screen and it won't go till I shut down I also couldn't play Eden last week and contacted BF who said I was up to date with all the components but maybe running it with different screen resolution would help. I say that if I can't run a game in the settings I have then I am not gonna bother, my issue is that more and more now when new games come out that I want to download I wonder will I be able to play this one, I have not had any problems with other games loaded from other sites, anyway happy gaming

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Aug 29, 09 9:35 AM
Howatch wrote:No issues whatsoever. Windows XP, 2 gigs of RAM, and an ATI Radeon HD 2400 card with 256 megs of video memory. It looks like this game uses accelerated graphics, so the video card of the player is probably more important here than some games (although I don't know this for sure). It would be interesting to know what the video card/amount of video memory is for those having freezes/lags.

Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 3
2.15 gigahertz AMD Athlon XP
2 Gigabytes Memory
RADEON X1650 PRO Video Card w/ 512MB video memory

I AM having issues and no, it's not my system. This game has super simple graphics. It should run fine on my system.

Edited on 08/29/2009 at 9:43:05 AM PST

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

[Post New]by Howatch on Aug 29, 09 9:42 AM
Happy gaming to you too.

Unfortunately, just because a computer has been recently purchased does not mean that it will automatically be adequate for more graphics-intensive games. Many laptops (and also some desktops) come with video cards with integrated memory, which means that they share the video memory with other applications. This sometimes results in problems with games that are more graphics intensive. If you want to make sure that most if not all games run well the video card is very important--and it is very important to have one that is not integrated memory but rather stand-alone so that the entire amount of memory is dedicated to the graphics rather than shared with other applications. This whole thing isn't as big an issue with most casual games, but sometimes it will be.

Anyway, I didn't mean to derail the thread. I like the game. I don't care for the fact that you can't click and drag for swapping but it's not a deal-breaker for me. I will consider purchasing this in future, although probably not right away as it's the end of the month and I have already gone over my Big Fish budget for August. I do of course agree that this game should offer a timed and untimed mode.

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

[Post New]by Howatch on Aug 29, 09 9:43 AM
Poodlebear wrote:
Howatch wrote:No issues whatsoever. Windows XP, 2 gigs of RAM, and an ATI Radeon HD 2400 card with 256 megs of video memory. It looks like this game uses accelerated graphics, so the video card of the player is probably more important here than some games (although I don't know this for sure). It would be interesting to know what the video card/amount of video memory is for those having freezes/lags.

Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 3
2.15 gigahertz AMD Athlon XP
2 Gigabytes Memory
RADEON X1650 PRO Video Card w/ 512MB video memory

I AM having issues and no, it's not my system. This game has super simple graphics. It should run fine on my system.

Wow, Poodle, it's definitely not your graphics card that is the problem. As you said, there must be other issues with this game! I guess I got lucky.

Edited on 08/29/2009 at 9:45:16 AM PST

[Post New]by prometheus59 on Aug 29, 09 10:13 AM
Have a fairly new laptop with Vista and plenty of memory. All other games run fine, but I too have almost freezeup when long string of matches. Didn't even finish the hour. Was too frustrated. Deleted

hickorybabe
Minnow
Minnow
224 Posts

[Post New]by hickorybabe on Aug 29, 09 10:32 AM
I really like that game except for the freezing issue Hop BF fixes it soon so I can get it

[Post New]by LadyJo007a on Aug 29, 09 12:12 PM
I really liked this game, but after 30 minutes of trying to play and only getting to about the middle of the third board, I gave up. I was a great idea for a game and I liked what I could try playing, but the lag was impossible. I'm usually a patient person, but I got to the point of trying mind games to make it move faster. Hopefully there will be a fix because I would like to play this one further.

Cptduzer
Flounder
Flounder
2,474 Posts

[Post New]by Cptduzer on Aug 29, 09 1:33 PM
you know, I remember this was in one of mudrocks monday thingies way in the beginning of July. I remember because I was looking for a new match 3 and he mentioned it, then I went on vacation. I asked e1 when I got back, but nobody said a word about it ... so maybe there are huge buggy issues that they had been trying to resolve, apparently unsuccessfully.

cpt

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

[Post New]by Howatch on Aug 29, 09 2:17 PM
You may be right, cpt. If the posters here are an accurate representative sampling of gamers' experiences, I think this game needs a new build released.

[Post New]by K_Family on Aug 29, 09 6:08 PM
Another dissatisfied customer, here!
BFG, Please get a working build. This might be a fun game, IF it runs!!

Help having trouble playing this

[Post New]by momwil on Aug 29, 09 6:13 PM
hickorybabe wrote:Hi is any 1 else having trouble playing this mine keeps freezing up when it makes long matches would like some help with this please I like the game but on the freezes it takes about 5 min for me to be able to do anything any suggestions plase? Thank you

Go to: