Why is my screen white?

[Post New]by KerrinAnne on Aug 29, 09 1:39 AM
I've just downloaded this game. I'm on VISTA and don't know if that's the problem, but the game downloads. It says it's there. But when I go to play it, all I get is the music and a whilte screen. I uninstalled it and then re-installed it, but no difference. Just a white screen. Has anybody else had this problem?
Would appreciate some feedback on this one.

Re:Why is my screen white?

[Post New]by 0728connie on Aug 29, 09 6:53 PM
I have the exact same problem. Don't know what's going on. Never had problems with Big Fish games.

[Post New]by QTPieLRS on Aug 29, 09 8:55 PM
Yes KerrinAnne, and 0728connie, I have. I having the same problem the with Jewel Match 2 that you two are having. I'm on VISA TOO. I just downloaded it today too. Ha! I saw it on the Daily Deal for $2.99. I didn't have it, so I thought I would get it for that price. Now, I've uninstalled and of course re-installed it three times. Ha! Still have the white screen and can still hear music. I don't know what to do either. It looks like you and I and 0728connie is having the same problems. If you all get any feedback and fine out what to do, please let me know. ok? I'll do the same. Thanks for sharing with me. Glad to know I'm not the only one. Have A Blessed Day. QTPieLRS

[Post New]by KerrinAnne on Aug 29, 09 11:36 PM
Okay, I went exploring and found this in tech support. I'm not brilliant at sorting out these problems, but my techno savvy son could probably sort it out for me. Worth a try?

Q:Why do I get a blank screen when I try to start my game?

A:If you're running Vista, crashing or freezing can also occur if your system's video card is unable to handle both the graphics of the game and the default appearance settings for Windows Vista. See Game Display Issues with Vista for information on how to adjust your system's appearance settings.

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Aug 29, 09 11:38 PM
Everyone is having all different problems. When listed after midnight I first read the original forum going back a whole year. Never heard of so many uhappy members with glitches, virus alerts, lost game history blah blah and never fixed..

I came back now to see if current buyers were still having them today or if this is a rebuild. I too use laptop with Vista, disappointed there aren't any positive comments so best I waited. Only 30 min left at $2.99, and I just loved JM1. boo hoo.

Doesn't anybody in sales at BF ever read these forums, put junk back on that didn't go the first time with all this feedback? Or tell us if it is a rebuild????? This isn't like the wonderful reliable service of Big Fish. I thought maybe last year's release was having conflicts with new game manager format, another big headache for some back then.

I want this game, but won't buy trouble, don't mind losing the money but sure don't want to lose my Vista software. (well not now anyway, hate Vista too) One player said it blew out her graphics card?? And seemed nobody was getting CS help either or they didn't return to report a fix.Hope tonights deal is a good deal.

ducle
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
422 Posts

[Post New]by ducle on Aug 30, 09 6:04 AM
Consider yourself lucky if the game doesn't play for you. I made the mistake of trying it out and I think it burnt out my retinas. Great game if for some reason you no longer want your eyesight. This one should come with a Surgeon General's warning.

Edited on 08/30/2009 at 6:11:12 AM PST

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Aug 30, 09 6:20 AM
Flashing tiles? Jewel Match 1 was hard on the eyes too but just made me play faster to turn them off to black.

Welll I just crashed on laptop Vista with today's deal too, Mystic Pearls marble popper like Zuma, same maker as this JM series, nice graphics, same look as jm, castles. Took forever to DL then an alert saying it may not have installed properly did I want to change settings and reload or play. Nice, didn't say what settings where. Uninstalled and it loaded faster, same alert, I said Play and one hour demo on relaxed was ok. Tried demo on my XP pc, got to end of level 1,10 fine, hour wasn't up then it went white screen, black screen just stopped game. I just waited and waited finally desktop came back. If I couldn't finish a demo why buy.

Very disappointed, for a month since I got the toolbar I still haven't bought a game offered, either already had it, didnt want it when new, finally wanted one and won't work. jm1 works fine, play it often between HOgs but for some reason it sounds like my fan or some roar is going on the whole time I play like my pc is really working hard. Never hear my fan go on on anything else so maybe just pushing the line. But it doesnt crash, just overworks pc and maybe heats it up? Now i'm worried.

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Aug 30, 09 6:30 AM
oh, re appearance settings. One troubleshooting idea on FAQ if Vista turn of Aero and use Windows classic. it says where to find that to change. But this was weird, on XP, better graphics card and no visual problems, just wouldnt let me go on to level 2 and i wasn't out of time on demo. When i went to uninstall demo on game mgr it said i had 60 min left, could have started over, didn't count my play time, but didn't want to do level 1 again. And Xp isn't on Aero appearance setting. just saying if your pc won;t play jm2 probably won't play today's mystic pearl either, same problems.

Mojave_Rain
Shark
Shark
10,693 Posts

[Post New]by Mojave_Rain on Aug 30, 09 6:42 AM
I did go ahead and buy this on the special and it worked perfectly until the first time I lost a level, at that point it froze and I had to control/alt/delete to get out of there. Have continued playing without any other problems BUT every time I run out of time on a level it does freeze. Not a big deal for me it just gives me an extra minute to curse at my slowness and I'm not going to take it to CS but I agree the game has problems that should be addressed.

Toffifee
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,383 Posts

[Post New]by Toffifee on Aug 30, 09 7:17 AM
I had the white screen problem yesterday too; fortunately I did not buy the daily deal without testing and so I trashed it after having read the advices mentioned in FAQ ...
Did not have the time to try the suggested error handling
(PS: play on Vista)

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Aug 31, 09 3:38 AM
Mojave rain why not try playing untimed, relaxed option if time out crashes. I did fine on relaxed, it's just when I finished Level 1 -10 it crashed so couldn't progress to L2. So I wiped the demo and didn't buy. still had lots of time left on demo. i like your attitude anyway,, having fun on your loop.

Go to: