tramserran
Guppy
Guppy
181 Posts

QotW 9/14 - Bucket List

[Post New]by tramserran on Sep 14, 15 2:42 PM
Question of the Week - 9/14/15:
What is on your Bucket List?

If you would like to submit a question to be posted on a future week, please PM me with your discussion topic.

Edited on 09/14/2015 at 2:48:25 PM PST

tramserran
Guppy
Guppy
181 Posts

Re:QotW 9/14 - Bucket List

[Post New]by tramserran on Sep 14, 15 2:45 PM
I love to travel and experience different cultures. I have traveled to 4 continents and would like to visit the remaining 3 - Australia, Europe, and Antarctica.

[Post New]by starmagicgreen on Sep 14, 15 5:34 PM
Not I Trams At least not anymore I can experience different cultures right here where I live- Washington DC- Metropolitan area As a matter of fact- I do!

I have to give it some thought actually because things change, but I really have always wanted to go to Ireland, because I understand its very green there and I would like to go to Italy- all over Italy but especially Naples, "Napoli", which is part of my heritage, so I can eat pasta non-stop!

tramserran
Guppy
Guppy
181 Posts

[Post New]by tramserran on Sep 14, 15 5:37 PM
starmagicgreen wrote:Not I Trams At least not anymore I can experience different cultures right here where I live- Washington DC- Metropolitan area As a matter of fact- I do!

I have to give it some thought actually because things change, but I really have always wanted to go to Ireland, because I understand its very green there and I would like to go to Italy- all over Italy but especially Naples, "Napoli", which is part of my heritage, so I can eat pasta non-stop!

I love to eat pasta! Can I come, too?

[Post New]by starmagicgreen on Sep 14, 15 5:44 PM
Of course! Lets go!

fushiaquilt
Lobster
Lobster
92 Posts

[Post New]by fushiaquilt on Sep 14, 15 5:48 PM
For travel I would like to go to Australia and Japan
As a foodie I would like to go to a Michelin star restaurant.
As an artist go to the Louvre in Paris and art museums in Florence, Italy
Take an art class from a famous watercolor artist.
As an avid reader go to Prince Edward Island, Scotland and Ireland
I have been to England, Belgium, Holland and Switzerland when I was in college. Lived in Iceland when my husband was in the military.
Traveled many places in the United States

ponypack
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by ponypack on Sep 14, 15 6:36 PM
See everything in the Smithsonian-Twice! Go back to the oceanside,for the rest of my life!

deadme
Clownfish
Clownfish
760 Posts

[Post New]by deadme on Sep 15, 15 12:32 AM
Bucket List.

1. Clay Bucket.
2. Plastic Bucket.
3. Large Bucket.
4. Medium Bucket.
5. Small Bucket.
6. Tiny Bucket.

Ends Bucket list

tdskm
Clownfish
Clownfish
517 Posts

[Post New]by tdskm on Sep 15, 15 6:41 AM
deadme love your list of buckets.
fushiaquilt - have been to 2 of the places on your list Ireland (husband from there) and Prince Edward Island, l lived there as a child and use to go back every year until I was in college. Star, Ireland is as green as they say, every shade you can imagine. Great place to visit but wouldn't want to live there. It is very costly.My bucket list is to go to Spain and see it. My father always wanted to go and now with his age and health can not take the trip.

meriff
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by meriff on Sep 15, 15 6:44 AM
On my list will be-fishing gear,tent and good friends.

afspam
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
468 Posts

[Post New]by afspam on Sep 16, 15 4:02 PM
meriff wrote:On my list will be-fishing gear,tent and good friends.

That's my kind of list! although, since I am no longer great at sleeping on the ground it might be a tent trailer or camp cots

tramserran
Guppy
Guppy
181 Posts

[Post New]by tramserran on Sep 16, 15 5:38 PM
I tell my husband all of the time that I don't mind camping as long as there is a toilet, shower, jacuzzi, and queen bed.
Then I saw an episode of Hell's Kitchen and there are actually people that do camp like that! It's called "glamping".

mommerj
Clownfish
Clownfish
520 Posts

[Post New]by mommerj on Sep 16, 15 8:36 PM
There are so many things I wish to do it's hard to pick just a few. I love to travel. I also really enjoy genealogy research, so I would like to combine those two things and travel to all the places that my ancestor came from. I have been to one of those places, Louth Ireland, but want to go back and do some research. I want to also travel to Birkenwald, France, Bern Switzerland, Baden Germany. Although not on my ancestor list (yet) I would also love to travel to Barcelona Spain, Stockholm Sweden, KL Malaysia, just to list a few places I would love to see.
I have been to London twice and loved it and would like to go back.

[Post New]by JuneFlowers on Sep 17, 15 6:44 AM
My list is travel related and the places I would like to see are: Ireland, Austria and Australia.

Rumbitothecore
Shark
Shark
13,560 Posts

[Post New]by Rumbitothecore on Sep 17, 15 8:40 AM
1. Bungey jump from the Millau Bridge in France, though if they don't allow it I would jumping off anyway and making it the last on the list prior to kicking the bucket ... I just adore the feeling of falling

2. Like Trams I have 3 continents left to visit, Antarctica, South America & Africa. So I want to go and count penguins, canoe up the Orinocco to the foot of Angel Falls & take part in Paris-DaKar Rally.

3. Visit the RoM developers in Russia, whip out my laptop, load up BF RoM and make them try to duel & compete in the comps, then lock the doors & refuse them food (like for the cardinals voting for a pope) & keep them there until they fix it for us

4. Buy a boat, change my name to Cap'n Rumbi the Rumbustious and take to the high seas for a life of buckling my swash, treasure hunting & other shenanigans Arrrrgh!

5. Learn to do a proper cartwheel, instead of it looking like one a 3 year does. Then do a series of them down the freezer aisle in my local supermarket & walk out as if nothing has happened.... I'll be a youtube sensation

None are likely to happen, but they can't stop me dreaming

[Post New]by fairhavenfish01 on Sep 17, 15 11:36 AM
Would love to visit New Zealand and Australia.
Want to see the Eiffel Tower.
Want to go on another photo safari with my husband (no, he's not the game I want to take pictures of, LOL).
Would like to spread literacy here in the States.
Want my mother to get her wish of a family reunion.

That's it for now...I'll try to remember to let you know if any of it ever happens...

[Post New]by starmagicgreen on Sep 17, 15 12:33 PM
Rumbitothecore wrote:1. Bungey jump from the Millau Bridge in France, though if they don't allow it I would jumping off anyway and making it the last on the list prior to kicking the bucket ... I just adore the feeling of falling

2. Like Trams I have 3 continents left to visit, Antarctica, South America & Africa. So I want to go and count penguins, canoe up the Orinocco to the foot of Angel Falls & take part in Paris-DaKar Rally.

3. Visit the RoM developers in Russia, whip out my laptop, load up BF RoM and make them try to duel & compete in the comps, then lock the doors & refuse them food (like for the cardinals voting for a pope) & keep them there until they fix it for us

4. Buy a boat, change my name to Cap'n Rumbi the Rumbustious and take to the high seas for a life of buckling my swash, treasure hunting & other shenanigans Arrrrgh!

5. Learn to do a proper cartwheel, instead of it looking like one a 3 year does. Then do a series of them down the freezer aisle in my local supermarket & walk out as if nothing has happened.... I'll be a youtube sensation

None are likely to happen, but they can't stop me dreaming

You are totally and insanely funny I would love to be there for 3, 4, & 5, for 1 & 2 I''ll be in Ireland or Italy turning green and eating pasta

Edited on 09/18/2015 at 8:25:11 AM PST

fushiaquilt
Lobster
Lobster
92 Posts

[Post New]by fushiaquilt on Sep 17, 15 1:55 PM
mommerj been to Bern and Basel Switzerland. Have ancestors there. It is beautiful and the people are very nice. Love the architecture and the cathedrals with the stain glass are magnificent.

lanimur
Minnow
Minnow
210 Posts

[Post New]by lanimur on Sep 17, 15 3:54 PM
Australia is not on my bucket list as I live here but for those who'd like to come make sure you include my home State of Tasmania. It's a beautiful tourist haven - we're known for great food, wonderful scenery, friendly people, everything is close together. In Winter, you can ski on a mountain & visit a beach in the same day! This Winter our capital city of Hobart had snow at the beach (our coldest Winter in 49 years. Brrrrr ).

My own bucket list is quite short: I want to be able to do the splits! At 63 I'm doing yoga classes again after a long break & am trying to get limber enough to be able to do the splits by the time I'm 70!

myfreckles
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by myfreckles on Sep 19, 15 12:29 AM
Me, I want a house of my own with a great kitchen and a big pantry. I'd like to see my daughter get through junior high then high school without crying over her math. I'd also like to see her become an artist and a writer like she wants. Other than that I'm pretty happy. There are places I'd like to see but I don't see that happening-- I'll just have to do it vicariously through ya'll

Go to: