bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Egyot II: The Heliopolis Prophecy comments and reviews

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Aug 30, 09 1:33 AM
Our reviewers haven’t had a chance to get you a review of this game yet. We do value your reviews though, as do many of the other fish in our pond, so feel free to post your own and our Big Fish reviewers will be back to throw in their two cents as soon as possible!

Happy gaming !

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

Re:Egyot II: The Heliopolis Prophecy comments and reviews

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Aug 30, 09 4:43 AM
On sabbatical from Large FIle Games, so won't be trying this one. I did do a little research of reviews and found that this is another Adventure Game from the past (2000) being re-released on casual game distributors. It got pretty good marks, supposed to be great graphics (adjusting for the interim years I'd imagine) good story, excellent acting and good, but not impossible puzzles. Be warned, however, like most Adventure games none are skippable and some are timed.

Have fun, Adventure Fishies!

Micral
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by Micral on Aug 30, 09 8:02 AM
I read reviews which said the graphics and animations were great, good story and solveable games. I took the plunge and bought it as I loved Syberia and Return to Mysterious Island. What a disappointment! The animated cut scenes were average, but the game footage was blurred and pixellated. There is no option within the game to adjust the video settings. There are no tutorials or menu to help with the instructions, it's just trial and error. I spent an hour persevering with the poor graphics, and collecting as much 'stuff' as I could, but when climbing a silo the game crashed. Imagine my horror when I discovered there was no autosave, and I have to start the whole game again. I shan't be bothering - sorry BF, this is poor value

dewieee
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by dewieee on Aug 30, 09 9:08 AM
Micral wrote:I
Imagine my horror when I discovered there was no autosave, and I have to start the whole game again. I shan't be bothering - sorry BF, this is poor value

Under options you can change from manual save to auto save. Really regret buying this game.

Micral
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by Micral on Aug 30, 09 9:37 AM
Many thanks dewieee, I'll know better next time and check the settings on future games. Large file games are always a gamble with no 'free play' - shame this one wasn't worth it. I'm off to have another go at Syberia! It's colder than Egypt, but more enjoyable!!

jdelbove
Minnow
Minnow
266 Posts

Siberia

[Post New]by jdelbove on Aug 30, 09 11:48 AM
If you like Siberia, you will absolutely love Siberia II.

Regards.......JoAnne

Micral
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by Micral on Aug 30, 09 1:12 PM
You're right JoAnne, the two games kept me safe from housework for weeks I really hope there will be a third, but I guess after such a long time it's unlikely...........hoped to see more of the mammoths.

[Post New]by TIGER233 on Aug 30, 09 4:02 PM
TO MY REGRET, I COULDN'T TRY THIS BEFORE PURCHASE.
HAVE OVER ONE HUNDRED GAMES FROM BF. THIS IS MY ABSOLUTE BIGGEST DISAPPOINTMENT.
I SAY --- DON'T BUY IT!

[Post New]by playerman on Aug 30, 09 6:41 PM
thanks to all i just read the reviews i learned form my past large file game purchase that i found to be lousy and extreamly frustrating to check out the forum before buying another big file game.
no i will not be buying this one i did watch the vidio and i do agree the graphics leave a lot to be desired i do not know why BFG lets this kind of thing into their game play without putting out a few try it and let us know how it is and save a lot of peop[le the anquosh and disap[ointment and get a bad reputation forf lousy games
so once again thanksfor the input on this one keep up the comments in the forums

snoopy13
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

[Post New]by snoopy13 on Aug 30, 09 8:04 PM
With no demo to try and negative reviews, this is one I won't be buying. I never buy a game without a demo first.

[Post New]by skippy_tramp on Aug 30, 09 8:09 PM
I am very disappointed in the game. No autosave, poor graphic. I did Egypt III I loved it and that was why I got Egypt II again what a disappointed. Other great games Mysterious Island I and Return. Syberia I and II. And if you see Egypt is spelled wrong. I will try to finish but it is really tacking.

dewieee
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by dewieee on Aug 31, 09 8:05 AM
skippy_tramp wrote:I am very disappointed in the game. No autosave, poor graphic. I did Egypt III I loved it and that was why I got Egypt II again what a disappointed. Other great games Mysterious Island I and Return. Syberia I and II. And if you see Egypt is spelled wrong. I will try to finish but it is really tacking.
I

Under options you can change from manual save to auto save.

[Post New]by cairnlae2009 on Aug 31, 09 8:15 AM
Im stuck at the drums-HELP!! I have no rhythm whatsoever and I simply cannot get past the drums...anybody have a save file I can "borrow"?!

hive83
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by hive83 on Aug 31, 09 8:29 AM
THANKS FOR THE INPUT I WILL NOT BUY THIS GAME. NO TRIAL NO BUY.

keely1
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

Re:Egyot II: The Heliopolis Prophecy comments and reviews /drums

[Post New]by keely1 on Sep 1, 09 2:44 PM
i'm at the same place cairnlae2009 i cant get past the drums. i have worked on it for over an hour. it is driving me nuts. has anyone found a way around it yet. bf needs to make skips on these games

krismar
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

Egyot II: The Heliopolis Prophecy comments and reviews

[Post New]by krismar on Sep 1, 09 4:00 PM
Boy I sure wish I had come here first before I bought this POS. What a disappointment.

joyzebra
Minnow
Minnow
234 Posts

[Post New]by joyzebra on Sep 1, 09 4:24 PM
I am stuck on drums too! I read theire is a patch but cannot find it anywhere! When I clicked on the URL's the sites came up blank. This is a very old game and I regret buying it. I should have checked this forum. If anyone can give those of us in need a saved file to get pass the drums, we would all love you.

Joy

[Post New]by Vickycutie2 on Sep 1, 09 6:01 PM
TY players for all of your comments/reviews. I too won't be buying this game based solely on what I read. I must say BigFish is releasing an awful lot of games without their editors first giving it a review. Are the editors like school nurses who show up at different game sites 2 days a week?

How do I become an editor? Is there a job available?

joyzebra
Minnow
Minnow
234 Posts

[Post New]by joyzebra on Sep 3, 09 4:45 PM
I got thru the drums painfully. Must follow lights RR L R L RL keep repeating. If you need saved file, send me private message with your email and I will send you saved file. WORSE GAME EVER--DON'T BUY IT!!! GRRH

[Post New]by Mmonteleone on Sep 4, 09 8:16 PM
I hope someone can help. I am only on chapter 3 and when I go back to my father's house; through the courtyard and into the back room and turn left, I see the door that leads to the roof but I cannot get the hand sign to be allowed to go through it. I have started over twice; thinking perhaps I had missed something. Could this be a glitch or am I missing something important?
Margaret

Go to: