Mythic Pearls: The Legend of Tirnanog comments and reviews

[Post New]by TopazMystique on Aug 30, 09 6:10 AM
Since there are no comments here and this is the $2.99 game for today, I thought I'd start this thread. I demo'd this game the beginning of this year when I was trying a lot of marble poppers. At that time I gave it a grade of "F" and my comments were: "fun but too nerve-wracking even in relaxed" so I won't be buying this one.

For comparison, marble poppers that I have purchased/demo'd and like are:
Atlantis Sky Patrol (have)
Beetle Bomp
Bengal: Game of Gods
Butterfly Escape
DragonStone (have)
Fairy Jewels 1 & 2
Inca Ball
Pirate Poppers
Sparkle
Stoneloops! of Jurassica
Zuma

Will be interested to read any other comments on this game.

Lauralei
Clownfish
Clownfish
654 Posts

Re:Mythic Pearls: The Legend of Tirnanog comments and reviews

[Post New]by Lauralei on Aug 30, 09 8:36 AM
Thank you, TopazMystique, for breaking the ice with your post. I just tried Mythic Pearls in relaxed mode (I can't take anything timed) and it wasn't bad. Both music and background color are quite relaxing. Played for only twenty minutes so it might get harder. I'll come back for more later. Not a fan of this type of marble popper, I like a stationary gun with marbles dropping from top, but I might buy this. Like Fizz Ball, this is a relaxing game I could play for a few minutes every day and for $2.99, you can't go too far wrong. Hope it doesn't get too hard because I like it so far.

Like TopazMystique, I'm looking forward to other reviews.

lilorange
Flounder
Flounder
2,206 Posts

[Post New]by lilorange on Aug 30, 09 9:17 AM
Thanks for your opinions TopazMystique and Lauralei--haven't met you before, so welcome to the pond.

I'll put in my two cents here also. I like marble poppers (actually I like many types of games though hogs are a favorite). I downloaded and tried the demo. I thought it started off kind of slow, but thought I'd stick with it for awhile. I was glad I did, as the game did become more challenging as it went along. I played it in the timed mode and got a little past the fork in the road where you choose which way to go. There was one level that was a little nerve-wracking, but I replayed it a few times and got a better sense of how to beat it. I did like the music, which took away the "hurry" feeling that some poppers give you--but you have to be careful not to get too relaxed! Anyway, the hour went by quickly.

In summary, I enjoyed this game and think that I will pick this one up. I think it is a good go to game when I have limited time to play!

Survivor01
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by Survivor01 on Aug 30, 09 11:45 AM
I just downloaded the trial game and got through about 4 levels and it crashed with the ever popular error access - program terminated message. I've done all the fixes that BF reccommends previously for other games that crash and it doesn't work. I'm bummed because I like the game. Anyone else have the problem?

Lauralei
Clownfish
Clownfish
654 Posts

[Post New]by Lauralei on Aug 30, 09 12:33 PM
Just bought the game after having played through the demo and still enjoying it. It will be a good game to have around. Nice to meet you, too, lilorange. Sorry, Survivor01, can't think of anything else that might help. It's annoying, especially when you find one you like. Been there, myself. I think we all have. TopazMystique, I took a look at a number of the games you reviewed. That DragonStone looked really good so thanks for that! I just added it to my list.

Enjoy the waning days of summer, everyone, and a lazy Sunday afternoon.

[Post New]by Bassinthru on Aug 30, 09 1:07 PM
Can anyone instruct me on how to earn the "coins"? I have played the trial version and made it through level 3, but still 0 coins. I have seen the "artifacts" that we get to shoot marbles at, some of them look like coins, but after I complete the stage, it still shows I have 0 coins....

Anyone, help????

mamamoomoo
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by mamamoomoo on Aug 30, 09 2:08 PM
Hi, Bassinthru... if you play a little longer, the coins and artifacts will start to appear, alongside of the pearl chain. I forget exactly which level... was trying it out to see whether to buy, and like lilorange, I do like it! I found it very relaxing, and thought I was tired of this type of game (I have all the ones someone listed here also) but found this one very nice! So for $2.99, I'm going for it. Hi, lilorange! I'm new posting here, but I recall you from another forum! Think I'll join the pond here. So hello to everyone else!

Lauralei
Clownfish
Clownfish
654 Posts

[Post New]by Lauralei on Aug 30, 09 2:32 PM
Hi, Bassinthru. Welcome to the Pond. Saw your question and restarted a game to learn more about the coins. Just saw a hint, "To earn a coin, get five consecutive sets.'' Trouble is, I don't know what that means! I'm at higher levels in my first game (casual), have shot at and gotten quite a few coins but am not sure what they do. The hammer we win as the game moves along are fun and helpful. The game is enjoyable and relaxing but I'm not keeping very good track of the finer points. I just like shooting things! lol Not much help but I do welcome you and hope you are enjoying all the games.

Lauralei
Clownfish
Clownfish
654 Posts

[Post New]by Lauralei on Aug 30, 09 2:35 PM
Mamamoomoo, missed saying hello, My head was in the clouds. Welcome to the Pond. Glad you like the game, too.

[Post New]by TopazMystique on Aug 30, 09 4:34 PM
Because of the mostly good comments, I'm going to go back and try this one again. It could be that this was one of the first marble poppers I tried and for $2.99, it's worth a 2nd look. Thanks everyone!

EDIT: I'm raising my grade from F to C but it's still not a game that I like that much so I'm going to pass on this one. It would be nice if there was a story to go along with it. If I got this right, artifacts start showing up around level 1-8 and coins appear for every 5 consecutive matches or destroying a pusher. There may be other reasons. Make 4 and miss the 5th and I you start over but I think if you make 5, you get a coin on the 6th, 7th, etc. until you don't make a match. I got a few coins and artifacts.

Edited on 08/30/2009 at 5:39:13 PM PST

Gentlsong
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,865 Posts

[Post New]by Gentlsong on Aug 30, 09 5:59 PM
I've tried it and am still considering it, but I have a question first. It's not a spoiler type question....just need to know before I buy. Most of these type games stop the level when the balls get to the hole. When I played this one, it didn't do that at all. The balls kept going in the hole, and the remaining chains kept moving, and it kept letting me shoot balls. Is this how this is supposed to be for this game?

[Post New]by TopazMystique on Aug 30, 09 6:01 PM
I made it to level 1-10 and that's where I quit. It's one of those levels that if you don't get rid of marbles fast, you can't win because the new strings block the hole. I also lost 2 lives in 9+ levels (don't want to count the 10th because I didn't finish it) so not my type of game but glad most of you like it! Enjoy!

[Post New]by TopazMystique on Aug 30, 09 6:15 PM
Lauralei wrote:TopazMystique, I took a look at a number of the games you reviewed. That DragonStone looked really good so thanks for that! I just added it to my list.

DragonStone is a great game but I didn't get very far. Made it to Davey Jones' Locker (puzzle section 3) and am stuck there because I can't get past the stupid octopus. Most games like this I get frustrated when I can't win but this one is just so much fun I just keep trying (taking a break from it at the moment ). One thing, tho, is in each puzzle section I replay each level until I get Vanquisher. So right now I'm stopped at Knight on Swashbucklers United. I keep hoping that someday I'll get past that!

mamamoomoo
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by mamamoomoo on Aug 30, 09 9:09 PM
Lauralei wrote:Mamamoomoo, missed saying hello, My head was in the clouds. Welcome to the Pond. Glad you like the game, too.

Thank you, Lauralei! My head is often in the clouds... but now I'm snorkeling for a change.

[Post New]by normank on Oct 9, 09 8:40 PM
Like Bassinthru above, I have proceeded through to level 3-15 and despite shooting coins on every level I still have a count of zero coins. Is this a glitch in the game or do I have to wait for a higher level? That would seem pretty silly. Thanks.

tuba_mom
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by tuba_mom on Oct 30, 09 1:16 PM
I really like this game, and have made it through level 3-24 following one path, and 2-24 on the other. Even though I have reached these levels, I still have not earned any coins. How do you destroy the pusher? I think I have done this several times. Also, I am having a problem with the game freezing up, then when I get out of the game and go back in...I have lost any progress I had made. Any suggestions?

[Post New]by beatscore on Jun 18, 10 5:56 PM
tuba_mom wrote:I really like this game, and have made it through level 3-24 following one path, and 2-24 on the other. Even though I have reached these levels, I still have not earned any coins. How do you destroy the pusher? I think I have done this several times. Also, I am having a problem with the game freezing up, then when I get out of the game and go back in...I have lost any progress I had made. Any suggestions?

I am having the same problem I downloaded twice but I still don't get coins. Do I have to contact big fish over a marble popper game. Any help would be appreciated.

Go to: