Akherousia
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

I am totally thrilled about this release!

[Post New]by Akherousia on Aug 30, 09 6:56 AM
OMG this is so special for me. Egypt 2 has been one of the very first games I played when I got my own computer (years ago). The graphics were awesome (for these times), the puzzles and the plot were great as well.
I wanted to play that game again one day, but the CD that I have for it is old... I install the game, but the game does not run on XP, it is only for Windows 95/98.
Also, my game was dubbed into Russian and I know that the original game is French.

So the question (for BFG or for people who bought the game):
- does it really work in xp/vista? That would be the most awesome thing ever!
- is it in English?
- How is the quality of the picture? The screenshots look weird.

And to BFG. Please release also the game called "Odyssey" (game from the same developer - Cryo Entertainment). Odyssey is my very favorite game of all times, but I cannot make it run on XP.

Anyway, thank you for this great release

dewieee
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

I am totally thrilled about this release!

[Post New]by dewieee on Aug 30, 09 9:11 AM
Akherousia wrote:

So the question (for BFG or for people who bought the game):
- does it really work in xp/vista? That would be the most awesome thing ever!
- is it in English?
- How is the quality of the picture? The screenshots look weird.

Yes it works in vista
yes it is in english
quality is fair

Do not like this game and will not attempt to finish it, but happy gaming to you.

Akherousia
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

Re:I am totally thrilled about this release!

[Post New]by Akherousia on Aug 30, 09 10:50 AM
thanks a lot for your answers. I will need to put the download for the night i think

sadji
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by sadji on Aug 30, 09 1:33 PM
Quality is - 100. Same as Delaware John and Egypt 1. i play on XP, all Driver new, but this games are only pixels. Very bad graphics. This is the 5. or 6. Game i buy the last two weeks with bad Graphics or bugs, or to short time to play. i think i go to another Game Seller who controlls the Games bevor release.

Edited on 08/30/2009 at 1:33:56 PM PST

Akherousia
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by Akherousia on Aug 31, 09 1:25 AM
this game was released more than 10 years ago, so no wonder it is pixelated. I was more wondering if the quality compared to the original game has gotten worse because of being transferred to XP/Vista

diggermonty
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by diggermonty on Nov 29, 10 4:47 PM
You are easily entertained.
This is year 2010 and one expects more in the way of viewable graphics and intuitive game play. This is proof that DOS games cannot easily be converted to an acceptable Win-XP version.
I am totally disgusted by this crude and vague attempt at a game. What was BFG chinking?. . . . Releasing this without any attempt to improve on it. For Shame.

Go to: