cadfael
Shark
Shark
10,550 Posts

Re:MCF 2012... Picman's official clues and intrigue

[Post New]by cadfael on Nov 19, 12 3:16 PM
dogmama wrote:Since the GAME is less than 12 hours away, I wanted to thank some people other than BFG for hosting this thread and thread moderator extraordinaire Hondo.

GameLvr~ Every year you spend a lot of time compiling all the clues and the answers. Thank you SO much. It makes it all so much easier to keep up !

Eoarod~ Your job of keeping track of all the theories was such a wonderful idea and I don't know what I would have done without it when I got confused . Thank you SO much !

Crazycatfishgirl~ Thank you for putting together all the theories from the "ones to watch". Really helped a lot too !

To the new fishies in the spec thread this year, so glad you joined in!

To the "old" fishies in the spec thread, it's been a tremendous amount of fun as always!

Dogmama

Dogmama put it so beautifully, I just wanted to echo what she said!

MJ_Mystery
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by MJ_Mystery on Nov 19, 12 3:18 PM
bri_rose1978 wrote:Okay well, we now need to develop a playlist for listening to in the bus!!

May I suggest the following:

10 Years-Now Is The Time (Ravenous)
12 Stones-Infected
AC/DC-Highway To Hell
Age of Daze-Afflicted
Another Black Day-Wicked Soul
Armor For Sleep-End Of The World
Art Of Dying-Get Thru This
Bloodsimple-Out To Get You
Christine Lorentzen-Creeping In My Soul
Dark New Day-Pieces
Death Cab For Cutie-I Will Possess Your Heart
Disturbed-Down With The Sickness, Haunted, and Perfect Insanity
Escape The Fate-Issues
Five Finger Death Punch-No One Gets Left Behind
Godsmack-Voodoo
In This Moment-Blood
Lacuna Coil-Spellbound
Lansdowne-Watch Me Burn
Linkin Park-Nobody's Listening, When They Come For Me, and Skin To Bone
Lynam-Save My Soul
Mudvayne-Scream With Me
My Darkest Days-Sick and Twisted Affair
Ozzy Osbourne-Let Me Hear You Scream
Pan.a.ce.a-We The Broken
Papa Roach-Getting Away With Murder
Pop Evil-Monster You Made
Powerman 5000-When Worlds Collide
Red-Faceless
Rob Zombie-More Human Than Human
Seether-Breakdown
Sevendust-Unraveling
Skillet-Rebirthing and Monster
Slipknot-Dead Memories
Stone Sour-Say You'll Haunt Me
The Veer Union-Darker Side of Me
We Are The Fallen-Bury Me Alive
Within Temptation-What Have You Done

What are your contributions?

"Ghostbusters" would be my suggestion.

Eoarod
Flounder
Flounder
2,391 Posts

[Post New]by Eoarod on Nov 19, 12 3:20 PM
Thanks for your ETAs Mr_Russ!! Also for the info on Win 8 - it would stand to reason it would have DirectX 11 - but you never, ever know!

Off to run 2 days worth of errands in ONE afternoon!! Have to keep tomorrow open

bri - love the play list!! All I can think to add right now is:

Metallica: Some Kind of Monster (must have an Ode to Monsieurs Dalimar!)

GameLvr30
Stingray
Stingray
4,785 Posts

[Post New]by GameLvr30 on Nov 19, 12 3:21 PM
You're very welcome lyrialice, dogmama, and cadfael!

I'm not sure which Picman clue you mean but whatever one it was I know for a fact it was a TWEAM effort. I couldn't have come up with anything if it wasn't for all the other ideas being posted at the time.

I think all the other puzzle solvers (you included DM) would say the same thing.

Edited on 11/19/2012 at 3:23:43 PM PST

cadfael
Shark
Shark
10,550 Posts

[Post New]by cadfael on Nov 19, 12 3:27 PM
Picman and Hondo, thanks for another wonderful spec thread!!! You two are fun!!! Wishing you both a happy, healthy Thanksgiving.

I'm excited for all you fishies that get to play tomorrow. I have to work tomorrow but all day Wednesday is blocked off for the game!!!!

I'm amazed every year by the brilliance of the fish here.

I can take a turn driving for a bit if anyone wants a nap while waiting to download.

kristis86
Guppy
Guppy
143 Posts

[Post New]by kristis86 on Nov 19, 12 3:32 PM
Bittersweet...we're getting the new game but it's the end of another year of fun speculation.

I still won't be able to play the game until Thursday I have to work tomorrow and Wednesday. But I am so excited.

Whatever did happen to Picman?

MJ_Mystery
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by MJ_Mystery on Nov 19, 12 3:33 PM
Hey guys did anyone get both a poster and a game or were we all just given posters for the Twitter Q&A? I'm just curious because Hondo hinted that there might be a chance that some of us who entered might have a chance of a free game.

bella_01
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,674 Posts

[Post New]by bella_01 on Nov 19, 12 3:48 PM
GameLvr30 wrote:Pepper - You are right about the roof/top deck. I tried already (didn't go so well) so you'll have to talk to Purplerabbit.

Bella - It's nice to see you posting but I think where we are headed are to be expected.

Lyrialice - Yes, there should be a 'S' there but unfortunately Hondo's errors have no bearing on the FB typos. We are still missing a letter 'E' though and they don't have much time to give it to us.

make sure that you have your hats made with aluminum foil, and play ghost buster really really loud.

ramps01
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by ramps01 on Nov 19, 12 4:07 PM
Michael Jackson - Thiller!

MJ_Mystery
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by MJ_Mystery on Nov 19, 12 4:09 PM
I also wish to add another song to the list and that song is "Monster Mash".

Rainbow722
Flounder
Flounder
2,404 Posts

[Post New]by Rainbow722 on Nov 19, 12 4:20 PM
Eoarod wrote:OH - dogmama you're right! And no Mme Fate Bobblehead? I cry FOUL lolol - we'll just have to open a side business

MAJOR FOUL! I know I'd order one in a heartbeat!

At first I thought everyone was talking about new stuff available at bigfishgear.com but that Zazzle is wild! I'm gonna have to save up some serious money--never expected to see all that great stuff!

Thanks everyone for the fun!

Thanks Picman and Hondo!

Purplerabbit
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
18,590 Posts

[Post New]by Purplerabbit on Nov 19, 12 4:36 PM
AnGeL_PuSs wrote:Well excited also!!

Only problem is watching you fishies getting it before us UK fishies lol,

I think im going to move to florida or something so i can play earlier!!

Its too cold and complicated here anyways, think im going to just pack my bags

Enjoy guys, cant wait to get my hands on another one to add to the collection

Don't quite get what you're saying, we all get the game at the same time.

Vultraz
Guppy
Guppy
138 Posts

[Post New]by Vultraz on Nov 19, 12 4:40 PM
Can't believe it's the end of another spec thread and that the games comes out tomorrow. Had a great time, even if I wasn't that attentive in the latter half. Enjoyed all the songs and poems and great theories. Now we just need to see which ones were correct (I morphed several times too)

Imberis
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,263 Posts

[Post New]by Imberis on Nov 19, 12 4:40 PM
Thank you to everyone who solved all of those crazy clues!

I'm so glad I checked the MCF facebook page so that I can stay up all night tonight!

tazmanw
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by tazmanw on Nov 19, 12 4:43 PM
Game Club Credits ready- Check
Video Driver updated- Check
Alarm set- Check (sorry I just can't stay up, DH thinks I'm nuts to set an alarm to D/L a game in the middle of the night, but he's used to it now!)
Patience while waiting- so not checked.

BTW- I want to thank everyone for a blast this year. Especially because they truly don't have to do this every year. We'd buy the game anyway and they put a lot of effort into making is so much fun for all of us. I think is the best (as my purchase history can attest to!)

Can't wait to see how close we were on our theories. Now I'm off to have a much deserved to calm me so I can wait......

purplealikat
Herring
Herring
395 Posts

[Post New]by purplealikat on Nov 19, 12 4:51 PM
Ah fishies! I'm so excited about the game....but feeling a tad blue. Thought we had at least another day on here....I'm gonna miss you guys er...fishies!

Well....we'd better make the best of the rest of the bus trip. We do still have a few hours until we reach Shadow Lake.

I keep having this horrible vision - we are met by 4 short men in knee pants, and they sing:

We represent the Fishie Pond Guild
the Fishie Pond Guild
the Fishie Pond Guild

And in the name of
the Fishie Pond Guildddddddddd
We wish to welcome you to Shadow Lake

sunfish09
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,595 Posts

[Post New]by sunfish09 on Nov 19, 12 4:54 PM
Coffe -Check it's going to be a late night.

I also want to mention thanks to Mandi Berg who was kind enough to create a twitter account so fishes who doesn't have twitter were able to submit questions to her.
Sisgabe for your games

Every poet songwriter

Picman and Hondo Thank you Hondo I hope you had fun with the speculation thread and I will always have my translator handy from now on

To all the fishies in this thread I hope to see you again next year or in another thread. Kitty I still can't get over the flying cockroaches Btw Eoarod did you catch the black widow yet???

[Post New]by mcf_square_eyes on Nov 19, 12 4:57 PM
Just to clarify for some who may be confused on the release time given their time zone ( I know this because it's how I countdown each year)

If you are a game club member therefore able to purchase Shadow Lake as TGT go by the countdown on the BFG home page where the hours and minutes are counting down the access end time for the current TGT.

For me this is a rather convenient time of approximately 4pm being an Australian fishie. The downside is that after just returning from leave I have work tomorrow and really feel like just dialing it in

If I'm incorrect in my method please feel free to correct me. I just have many fond memories of staring at the screen, seeing 0 hours, 0 minutes left, new MCF game pops up as TGT, finger hits Buy Now! (all done in a dream like, possessed manner with moments of palpitations interspersed with moments of reminding myself to breath )

purplealikat
Herring
Herring
395 Posts

[Post New]by purplealikat on Nov 19, 12 5:08 PM
6 hours 54 minutes to go....I NEED MORE POPCORN!!!!!!

Thank you to picman, hondo and bfg. This is so much fun! We really, really appreciate all you do for us!

Thanks to Eoarod and GameLvr for keeping everything up to date. Those were HUGE jobs!

Thanks to the busdrivers for getting us on the road and keeping us on the road (no forays into the brush trying to run over stray Charles and Victor figments).

Anyone want marshmallows? I seem to have quite a few left...and they do make excellent ammo if you let them harden!

Purplerabbit
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
18,590 Posts

[Post New]by Purplerabbit on Nov 19, 12 5:09 PM
GameLvr30 wrote:
saskatil wrote:
weissvonnix wrote:Sas, l thought you were sitting on the roof? You know, like on those lndian busses?

I was - until the whale shark moved in!

Oops! Purple you're going to have to move over some.

No, there IS room for the both of you!

Purple!!

Sorry sas, it looks like the top deck is nothing but .

*stretches out and gets all snugly* Mmmmmmmm! Nice!

Go to: